I Main Tryn, AMA

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OnlyBotLane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySlicer View Post
Ok, to stop the hate. I've seen most Tryn's start with Brawler's Gloves, but personally I think 3 Doran's Blades start is better. What do you think?
Only boots or cloth armor start. Brawlers is too chance based.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-24-2012

dat 0/12 trynda game on your match history, keep up the good work.

WillWW

08-24-2012

I maim trynds. But he is fun to play I think. Won a match 2v3 yesterday. Me (voli) and a rumble vs a trynd, varus, and mundo. Went 13/1/5. They were quite embarrassed and didnt work as a team. Kept focusing me and would chase while my passive regened me.

Cheeseboigi

08-24-2012

Favorite thread.

TaironLocke

08-24-2012

So here it is since no one says anyting. You top lane with Trynd almost always. He can kill anyone around, and I mean anyone. You smack minions (while not getting punished for it when at all posssible) until your fury is up. When you hit two you should have your E and way more crit chance than you deserve. You should have at least crit runes in Marks. You spin into whoever and three smoke them (that can actually happen and does). Once you are three you can slow them as they try to run or in the case of Xin or someone like this you use W when the fight breaks out to reduce their AD. As with all ass kickers I get ignite/exhaust. After that just farm your face off. Keep all three buffs in your personal possession and kill any opponent the second they are alone. Warding jungle will help with this. Trynd is all farm. And if he is not handled with extreme care he will blow through almost any normal threes. Ranked not so so much. But at least half the people out there think trynd is an automatic normal threes win. I know I use him when I am having a bad day and wanna get off a losing streak.

BTW, the reason people say he is an easy champ is cause he is melee, thats all. And because he lays such UNHOLY ass woopins on people you gotta say something. Like there is a melee champ out there that is really hard to play or something. Pretty sure olaf is more straightforward than trynd. FOOOOOOOOOOOOOORWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD!!!! FTW.

WillWW

08-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaironLocke View Post
So here it is since no one says anyting. You top lane with Trynd almost always. He can kill anyone around, and I mean anyone. You smack minions (while not getting punished for it when at all posssible) until your fury is up. When you hit two you should have your E and way more crit chance than you deserve. You should have at least crit runes in Marks. You spin into whoever and three smoke them (that can actually happen and does). Once you are three you can slow them as they try to run or in the case of Xin or someone like this you use W when the fight breaks out to reduce their AD. As with all ass kickers I get ignite/exhaust. After that just farm your face off. Keep all three buffs in your personal possession and kill any opponent the second they are alone. Warding jungle will help with this. Trynd is all farm. And if he is not handled with extreme care he will blow through almost any normal threes. Ranked not so so much. But at least half the people out there think trynd is an automatic normal threes win. I know I use him when I am having a bad day and wanna get off a losing streak.

BTW, the reason people say he is an easy champ is cause he is melee, thats all. And because he lays such UNHOLY ass woopins on people you gotta say something. Like there is a melee champ out there that is really hard to play or something. Pretty sure olaf is more straightforward than trynd. FOOOOOOOOOOOOOORWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD!!!! FTW.
Yeah, there was a reason no one said it. Probably because everyone knows his mechanics.

PlayingonAdele

08-24-2012

I have virtually mastered Tryndamere in 3s. i dont mean to sound cocky, but i have done a 1v3 and held my own. I lost bc of a slip up that lead to my first death. The trick is own the jungle. One thing that puts Trynda on a level all his own is his obnoxious jungle clear time. You should go for your wolves almost as often as you farm your lane. defend tower, obviously. Dont throw. You should last hit/push your lane up to halfway or better, then retreat to the nearest jungle, whether that be your wolves or the enemy mid jungle. clear everything in your path back to your tower, with an exception for redbuff. by the time you are done with this, the minions should be back to your tower. I should clear this up now, you shouldnt start jungle clearing until you have four or five levels under your belt, items optional :P If the enemy leaves lane, take advantage to harass the heck out of those minions and push them to tower. When your teammates are being chased, ping or tell them to go up to you through the jungle. because of your spinning slash you can essentially move through almost any jungle wall. this includes the camp walls in the top jungle but NOT the jungle. the most important wall is the dragon/lane wall. this is the most important escape route. if you save up your spinning slash early game, you can essentially overextend and lose exchanges to the top lane opponent and just spinning slash over the wall with minimal health left, or at any point you feel you are losing. you should always clear the camps on our side during mid game and by late game (lvl 9+) you can solo and camp, including dragon (the only on e you need items for) and should empty the map of all creeps. Hahah it should actually feel empty in the middle. This will give you outrageous amounts of gold, so follow the typical AD Melee build and never forget the early lifesteal. My favorite Trynd build is "Right-click and win" build, aka "everything melts": Two Phantom Dancers, Two Bloodthirsters, an Infinity Edge and a Frozen Mallet. Blooodthirsters are important because your creep clear rate is such that you can get full stacks in less than five minutes. With this strategy, your bot lane basicly just has to defend the tower and you Hyper carry late game. Dont worry about champion kills unless you can without a doubt. Otherwise focus farm.

Remember: 3000 gold DEMANDS you build a bloodthirster, no questions asked!
Have fun with your Spin-damere/Tractor-mere/Win-danere!!