Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

PBE Won't Start

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bad Player

08-23-2012

I tried to get onto PBE today, but it won't start. I click PBE, the thing that says "League of Legends" appears for a moment and disappears as normal, and then................ nothing. (I know there's the launcher and the client and everything, but I'm not sure exactly what they are; the box that has the region, the recent news, and the "Play" button in the bottom-right corner doesn't show up.)

I believe the last patch I had was the one that introduced Rengar.

When I look at task manager, I see lol.launcher.exe open for a moment and then disappear.

Regular LoL works fine.

Anyone have any fixes? =\

qtm10

08-23-2012

I had the same problem. Dunno what causes this, but using the lol.launcher.admin.exe instead made it work.

Lattice Enthalpy

08-23-2012

im having that problem too
im redownloading it as i type and hoping that fixes it.

XtraToothpaste

08-23-2012

Right click, run as administrator. Worked for me. I was having the same problem. Can also right click and go to properties, then under the compatibility tab you'll want to check the box that says "run as administrator" so you don't have to right click and click run as admin every single time. hope this helps

Shiny Eevee

08-24-2012

Yep, just use the administrator launcher.

Void2258

08-24-2012

The issue is only the admin launcher works. That should not be. LoL is not something that should need admin privileges, and I keep worrying that there has been a hack and that I am doing something bad to my system.

KazuShini

08-24-2012

This have been happening to me for over a month now. If you click on the PBE folder and click to launch the lol.client and you see the logo but disappearing there is a solution. Though in my opinion its annoying but right click on the lol.client and open as admin. Hopefully this help.

Keretus

08-24-2012

I have this problem to, when i open the pbe launcher it just flashes the league of legends logo and not open.

The only solution I've found is running it as admin and it works else it doesn't work.

whatataco

08-25-2012

Ok this worked for me. Right click on it, click "troubleshoot compatibility" then click "try recommended settings" then click start the program. after that you can close out. the LOL icon will appear and stay there for a VERY long time but eventually the launcher will open

But srsly we either cant play or have to wait forever... damn pbe

Turtle Bandit

08-25-2012

This is happening to me as well, except with the administrator Launcher. When I start it it shows the LoL logo then if I double-click on it it says "Lol has stopped working" and closes it every time. ANyone know a fix to that?