Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Mid level hero that will never be banned in ranked games?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aikage

09-15-2010

So typically I think people ask, "What is the super op awesome destroyer of worlds hero that I can play?" Also fairly typically, Riot will send spies to read these messages and then immediately go nerf all of those heroes. So I'm wondering, what hero can I really learn that can be quite good with some time and effort spent learning them that will probably never be banned in a ranked game? I made the huge mistake of using Eve in my 1-25'ish levels because she was so easy to own everyone with but I realize now that she has basically no placed in solo ranked.
Now I main Kat and I can usually do fine with her in ranked games but she's very team dependent. Without a stun or two really all I can hope for is to not feed and get a few kills when the opportunity presents itself.
Suggestions are appreciated!

xahhfink6

09-15-2010

How about Nasus, he's one of the best tanks in the game and I have never seen him banned, and is rarely taken by someone else...

that or Sion, because he is a great champ that fits on pretty much any team

CrazyBolas

09-15-2010

I have fun with warwick.

Eph289

09-15-2010

Quote:
Aikage:
So typically I think people ask, "What is the super op awesome destroyer of worlds hero that I can play?" Also fairly typically, Riot will send spies to read these messages and then immediately go nerf all of those heroes. So I'm wondering, what hero can I really learn that can be quite good with some time and effort spent learning them that will probably never be banned in a ranked game? I made the huge mistake of using Eve in my 1-25'ish levels because she was so easy to own everyone with but I realize now that she has basically no placed in solo ranked.
Now I main Kat and I can usually do fine with her in ranked games but she's very team dependent. Without a stun or two really all I can hope for is to not feed and get a few kills when the opportunity presents itself.
Suggestions are appreciated!

If you don't mind sacrificing some laning and mad dps, I recommend Trist or Ashe for carries. For something a bit sturdier, Xin Zhao has excellent return for what he does.

WTFyrz

09-15-2010

Does Kayle get banned? just wondering.

Booty Colin

Recruiter

09-15-2010

^ not often. It's more the big crowd controllers(and Garen) who normally get the shaft i.e. Taric, Amumu, Morgana... etc. Or a kog'maw if someone just got rolled with him

Xanthyr

09-15-2010

Learn Gragas, he fits multiple roles in whatever the team needs including tank, ap, and ad. I've never heard of him being banned, but I'm also over 2:1 ratio with him. Can't get enough of the guy.

KobeBrapist

09-15-2010

Singed is awesome on a group, but since his free week I've actually seen a couple come out in ranked games.

For my list of "mid level" champs that you can play with almost no chance of getting them taken or banned:
Singed
Malphite
Nasus
Urgot
Kassadin
Blizcrank

All of them, you will note, have unique roles in a group and can accommodate most of the strange setups solo ranked will throw at you.

Dwarfling

09-15-2010

Tanks: Rammus, Galio
Support: Janna, Kayle
Carries: Tristana, Ashe

Galio do cost a lot tho.

Dregen

09-15-2010

If you can master Olaf (he's a hard character not to end up feeding with), he can be your go-to guy for almost everything. He's an awesome jungler w/ undertow spam, so you can give your team an exp edge every game. Very good ganker also, and can build tanky enough to initiate fights when needed (though your better off dps and saving your ult for later).

Xin Zhao is also a character that fits into almost any team. Some ppl might hate on Olaf but everyone is almost always happy to see a xin on the team. Only problem is you will probably only get him 50-60% of the time, so you'd have to split time between two mains.