How to snowball with Ezreal?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Luxiere

08-22-2012

So, I'm trying to learn Ezreal and am wondering if he has any combo's.

Does he have any combo's that a starter can easily use? Also? I'm trying to get Q first, E, then Max W. Is this fine?

Aaaand, TF or IE?

ProPlayerEd

08-23-2012

In lane, people tend to get some more points in W since it makes it easier to trade with the opponent as it doesn't hit minions and slows the enemies AS.

I personally get W to 3 or 4 ( Sometimes max ), then start maxing Q while E is last.

Ezreal's combos normally are just Q then W ( Other way around works as well ) and can use his E to reposition himself for that but otherwise I don't know myself :P

People tend to get a TF>IE in the early game since the IE is better for Ezreal late game as he does more AA's later in the game.

Hope this helps

themaddscientist

08-23-2012

I usually chain my spells depending on who I am up against. I personally like to max my Q first because it's his biggest damage dealer and a nice farming tool. That way I can punish anyone foolish enough to come within range of me.

Usually there isn't a whole lot of complexity, just get used to skill spamming and knowing when and when not to throw out an ability. I don't use my W a lot in the laning phase because I need my mana pool for when I need to shift out of a fight. As a rule of thumb you will never want to shift aggressively unless you can guarantee a kill, otherwise it could put you out of position, in front of your tanks, and in a lot of trouble. I've gotten kills from shifting aggressively, but I never do it unless the odds are stacked in my favor.

I always rush Trinity Force early after I get Beserker's Greaves because of the overall utility of the item. All of the items in that recipe are really helpful for you. I usually start with Phage to help me stay alive after the opposing carry gets a high-damage item, so that I can take and give damage more easily. However, if I need more movement speed I'll grab an early Zeal, and if I can outrange a carry such as Vayne or Teemo, I will get Sheen first to take advantage of my Q.

After that I have plenty of utility in my build, and it's time to start dealing damage. I usually don't have to get an early Phantom Dancer because his passive can give up to 50% increased attack speed, and Trinity Force requires a Zeal as well, so I focus on racking up a Bloodthirster or Infinity Edge for extra damage and lifesteal.

Rawrful

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-23-2012

So, the way you dominate games with Ezreal is to max your W. You don't need to max your q, as it scales poorly with levels. Your E is very handy and if you can get good with it can be relatively reliable. The reason you max W is that it is a fast, wide skillshot that does very good damage and can't hurt minions. This gives Ezreal the massive advantage of being able to trade or poke enemies behind minions without pushing his wave. Also, in low level fights, giving your opponents -40% attack speed is MASSIVE and all but guarantees you a win.

For items, I like getting Trinity first because Phage is so incredibly good in lane, and Sheen ups his already high burst damage even more. Pick up a vamp scepter some time early for lane sustain. I like to get Infinity second, because Trinity/Infinity does a ridiculous amount of damage, giving you a huge power spike when you finish both items. I tend to avoid buying attack speed till later in the game, because Trinity, Berserker's and passive is enough attack speed for most situations.

Lord Puppy Fury

08-23-2012

Q is not for farming. Q is a pure harass tool. If you farm with Q, you'll oom yourself fast.

2 Doran's + Vamp Scepter > Phage any day of the week in lane. Healing while killing is so, so useful.

FaerellG

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Puppy Fury View Post
Q is not for farming. Q is a pure harass tool. If you farm with Q, you'll oom yourself fast.
Eh, Q has more range than your auto attack. Using it to reach that distant last hit isn't a bad idea. It also has more damage, so using it to farm under tower is a good usage too. Mid/Late game, I use Q on minons to reduce the cooldown of my ulti faster.

Other than that, using Q to farm is generally a bad idea.

Cenerae

08-23-2012

The only Ez advice I can offer is:

Fire your ult at the START of the fight. Don't save it to snipe runners. If you use it at the start you're almost garunteed to hit it - and it does good damage to everyone it hits. If you save it for sniping you may well end up missing and wasting it.

FaerellG

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenerae View Post
The only Ez advice I can offer is:

Fire your ult at the START of the fight. Don't save it to snipe runners. If you use it at the start you're almost garunteed to hit it - and it does good damage to everyone it hits. If you save it for sniping you may well end up missing and wasting it.
I agree with this a lot. I would like to note 2 additional benefits as well.

1. It instantly charges up your passive to max stacks, so you don't need to spend time building it up with Q and W.
2. Because of your innate CDR from landing skill shots, it's VERY possible that by the end of the fight, you'll have your ultimate up again to snipe runners.

Bigricky

08-24-2012

Max W first to snowball with Ezreal. skill order is QEWWW. R>W>E>Q.

You can thank me later when you're plat.