Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Let's talk about abuse of the report feature

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yummines

08-22-2012

Good Guy Lyte

needs to fuse with Pendragon to become

PenLyte, slayer of trolls

dontbemadbrooo

08-22-2012

i didnt get banned but if i did i would be pissed not because of the ban but because of the little information/details you give out about why you banned all these people. "toxic" behavior? what does that mean? does that mean when i tell people to play some bots first because they are going on 0/10/0 while ignoring pings, ganks and everythign else and i get the reply "fk u im pro. im fkn 5000 elo on main fk noob" am i being toxic by calling someone out on their mistakes after they ignored all pings? am i being toxic calling someone a noob while they play like a noob?

u expect everyone to be nice and jolly and not be mean/say the hard truth to others because they are only human, while so are the people who get mad for good reasons.

so what is this "toxic" u mean?

i report alot of players. in the process i do get mad sometimes when i get insulted for trying to help someone or pinging back and then being told they are fine so i should stfu and then they die 5 seconds later.

imo u shouldnt be able to ban someone for reporting to much. the player who is reporting most likely believes honestly he has a reason to do it. its your JOB to go through every single one of the reports to see if its justified or not. this is the way YOUR system works.

just saiyan

GrowlyGuts

08-22-2012

Quote:
Captain Spork:
good lord lol

you got some balls bro

i'll give you that

little skinny 90lb asian kid commits genocide against the LoL playerbase

i admire your audacity

Yeah it takes balls because some idiots on the forum will rattle their keyboards at you.

killazilla200

Recruiter

08-22-2012

Quote:
Lyte:
Just saying "reported" by itself isn't that bad; however, it's not great either. I'd encourage you to just report and let the Tribunal take care of the rest.

If you don't get banned for a long stretch of time and play lots of games in a positive manner, your ban severity goes down. I can't say the exact numbers at this time, but keep it up if you've been clear for 2 months already!

B.S. I've never been banned, I don't use reporting as a bullying tool, and I don't wantonly report people. Yet I get a week long banned. I am beyond frustrated by this.

Katarìna

08-22-2012

If I didn't get banned for falsely reporting, I want to know what I said to people in the past week that was bad enough to put me in a 0.2% group, because I never use racial/homophobic slurs in game.

KKnD LovE

08-22-2012

You really want the answer?

You created a system which in the eyes of the public promotes punishment rather than reform (Imagine if our countries correctional facilities were like this system, this country would be in chaos due to feeling like a policed nation). This immediately creates a fear in people of ending up in the tribunal. Some might call that a good thing because it acts as a deterrent to even do things that would make you end up in there.

However, most of the community will see this as a way to have the power to remove the one thing most precious to another player, not their skins, not their champs, not their runes, their account. You made this system a self governing one by the community. Cute concept, radically ingenious, terribly executed.

Before tribunal existed nobody ever said "REPORT X PLEASE" even 1/10th of the time it is said now in game.

How to fix this? I don't know I don't work for Riot. If I did I would probably be enticed to help come up with a solution. Seriously though, do some research into correctional facilities. I think that's what you should aim your system to be like. This feels more like nazi germany with the SS.

Wingroot

08-22-2012

So just when you stop banning people without a reason, you start banning people for a new reason without a warning. because of another reason that you don't tell us...

I would much rather get banned for my toxic actions with too much reporting thrown in. you ban me for too much reporting and tell me it also had to do with unknown toxic actions...

I thought my GF was the master of head games... i was wrong it's riot...

Dukaki

08-22-2012

You always do more but you end up making it worse.
Period

Remove the report function all the poopy things related to it(aka tribunal) and find a new way to handle those players because by playing just one game you will see that this way has clearly failed

13utterF1ngers

Recruiter

08-22-2012

@ Lyte

i dunno if you'll see this, but i have a few questions. it is a false report if you leave the description for the post blank?cuz i've done this quite alot of times.... also, when i have players that say something like " gg, everyone report (insert summoners name here) for (insert some report option here)" when they've done nothing wrong, i usually send in along with a report under unskilled player and write that they've done nothing wrong, does this count as a false report as well as i've done this sometimes as well? Also, if possible, could you give us an example of a false report, and an accurate report to make comparisons? ( not sure if you've done this already, too many threads around) if possible, would you also be able to tell us how much approximately the average % of those banned had sent false reports? also curious as to how bad my reports are if the above are considered to be false reports.

ILoveToSpoog

08-22-2012

Just a daily reminder that the actual trolls in the game get away with another free pass.

"They are just having a bad game." lolololol