Let's talk about abuse of the report feature

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Siva Yuga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2012

That 0.2% players are most active in this game and you banned them. Good Job Riot!

The Good Guy

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelbagschwagg View Post
Banning for something that wasn't bannable in the past is like a police officer telling someone they are under arrest for breaking a law they made up seconds ago. Not giving the community warning was a scumbag move to say the least.
Every single online community that I've been to that has a report feature also has rules about abusing the report feature, be it unwritten or written. In my opinion, it should be common sense. The people who read the reports don't want to sort through hundreds of reports made for very minor infractions such as a bad game (which really isn't an infraction at all).

And besides, I'm sure there isn't a rule explicitly stating that you cannot post links in chat to inappropriate content, yet I'm sure you would not oppose to people being banned over that. Why get upset over this? It's certainly not unprecedented.

AlexDnD2

08-22-2012

Re-post form page 1 since I think it was missed.

My main account is AlexDnD - you've responded once but not again when I asked for clarification.

I was suspended. I felt like I reformed to the best of my knowledge I maybe played 4 or 5 games. This happened within the last few days. Did you re-ban my account based on statistics and information (including the supposed toxic "recent" behavior) from prior to my suspension or after my suspension?

A general question - Why so vindictive? Why not just disable the reporting feature for the people who report falsely? Why not just WARN people this could happen? Why do it this way? This seems like deliberate provocation.

nickelbagschwagg

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Just saying "reported" by itself isn't that bad; however, it's not great either. I'd encourage you to just report and let the Tribunal take care of the rest.

If you don't get banned for a long stretch of time and play lots of games in a positive manner, your ban severity goes down. I can't say the exact numbers at this time, but keep it up if you've been clear for 2 months already!
You encouraged him to report and let the tribunal handle it? but people did this and are now serving a 1 week ban?....entrapment much

slayeur

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayeur View Post
I don't mean to drag this out as I can go in much detail about what is wrong with what has just happened, and I'm not expecting a response because I certainly know RIOT employees do not care and are fed up with people spamming but my question is:

In most of your reasoning you tend to say "these people tend to be toxic players and lead to other people having less enjoyable games and are better banned, but the problem here is,(and its pretty obvious) why are you banning them for making false reports (how to guarantee these, you cant. You would have to follow each person and a human cannot do this for a game that millions of people play)...they made false reports, but that doesn't mean that they ARE toxic players...they might tend to be, but if they TEND to be, then please have them banned for that, don't make the assumption and throw that in this argument..its very unprofessional and it leads people to begin leaving your game. Its like saying...You live in a community with terrible people and with people who have a bad history, you are also an African american, I will now punish you for what you seem to be

TLDR: Bans are clearly unjust, I'm not looking to start up a riot or anything(no pun intended), but rather trying to just open peoples' eyes to how ridiculous of actions are being made, and being accepted as okay.

GET BACK TO ME ON THAT, PROVE ME WRONG PLZ
still waiting

Shearchaos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2012

Question. Do you feel like Yagami Light writing in the Death Note? Instead of people dying they get banned/suspended. I want to feel that way.

Fenix Darkblaze

08-22-2012

Hello Lyte. I was hoping to get my account looked at so I can make sure that I've been improving my behavior as of late. I'm not a troll or a rager -- as far as I know I've never actually been reported for anything like that.

I had a bad habit of ragequitting or otherwise just leaving games for a while. It's behavior I've been working to improve on, and I still have a leave here or there, but those are mostly just RL comes into play situations.

But on the flipside, I've also been playing less recently, so less games to leave and the like. I'm just curious to know if my leave rate has gone down and I've been improving in that as much as I hope I have.

Dayblazer

08-22-2012

All I gots is

GOOD JOB RIOT.

Us people over 25 appreciate your effort to make your game better

~Down With The Meta~

Bend Over Bro

08-22-2012

A 7-day ban for people who consistently destroy in-game experiences is nothing. People shouldn't be complaining, they should be thankful for still being able to play in this game.

grybranix

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
I personally apologize about this. Automatic messaging was sent out when a player's account is given a non-Tribunal ban and the correct messaging was sent afterwards in a queue.

This was my fault and we'll take extra measures in the future to improve messaging.
if you gave a **** you would have sent a message instead of dropping a blanket suspension