Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Let's talk about abuse of the report feature

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wieners Revenge

08-22-2012

Quote:
Lyte:
Any system has a false positive rate and we expect a 0.1% false positive rate today which is an excessively high standard that not even medical practitioners adhere to. We are ready at Player Support to change and revert any cases that were undeserved.

You didn't really answer all my questions, but nonetheless, thank you for the response.

Would you mind pointing out to me how I ever falsely reported people?

And if you are unable to do so, can you please revert my suspension? I can promise you one thing: you won't be seeing any more reports from me anymore, and so whether you revert my suspension now, or let it ride out until next Wednesday, my reaction will remain the same.

Alyran

08-22-2012

Quote:
TlME:
Lyte, the fallout from this bad decision will be much greater than any good you assume would have come from it. You are essentially banning people for voluntarily helping weed out bad people, a system where people "Lose weight" for bad reports is the best system, any bans f rom it for ANY reason other than blatant violations IE: Reporting fro feeding and putting as reason a bunch of profanity.

Seriously, rethink this, your maths is wrong.

Or their math is correct and anyone that's been banned is acting just like anyone who has been convicted of a crime in the past. Almost any criminal will claim innocence, even after conviction.

PrettyUnicorns

08-22-2012

Quote:
Hearts Grow:
The term toxic demonizes players who were banned so that other, "Non-toxic," players feel OK about it and agree with it.

Toxic is a vague term that has yet to be defined... but is probably just as vague as breaking the summoner's code... some where... or basically the EULA which gives Riot the right to ban an account any time for no reason...

So, in the end, no reason, is enough reason.

Man you are really angry that you got banned for something you deserved to punished for.

Momento Morì

08-22-2012

Quote:
TlME:
You are essentially banning people for voluntarily helping weed out bad people.

No. He's banning people for being abusive and ****ish. Big difference.

donvinnyon

08-22-2012

the whole point lyte is that they didnt need 1 week bans all they needed was a warning. You handed out a 10 year prison term to a juvenile who stole a candy bar.

shlver

Recruiter

08-22-2012

Quote:
Lessis:
wait you are going to double jepordy us too?? lol i know you can not to do that...there are law in this country and you have to work in them you can not punish someone twice for the same crime you claimed to have found them guilt of the first time wtf

LOL Are you serious?

IS1c759584a2b38e

08-22-2012

Quote:
Lyte:
We know every player has triggers in their behavior and sometimes there's just so much toxicity that you retaliate with a "shut the f*** up!" However, as long as you are not consistently retaliating against other players across numerous games, you don't have anything to worry about.
I haven't used the report feature with any form of frequency in the last two months, yet I receive the same seven day ban as everyone else, probably for a period last year when I reported everyone in every game as a form of protest against the tribunal. How do you answer this? You very well know who I am.

ChaosBloodterfly

08-22-2012

Quote:
oO Undersky Oo:
I dont belive your numbers are true Lyte i refuse to believe im on top 0.2% most toxic players in this game.

You guys lie, you say in the mail that you investigate the cases before banning, this is not true, its all automated someone code an algorithm that uses some variables, include ones that have influence by other players that may be good players or not, and people like me end up banned.

Really im not even close to the examples of toxic players you have said.

Sorry Lyte but its hard to take what say seriously when you refuse to admit this mass ban banned some people that shouldnt be banned and now giving us unreal statistics.

Suddently give out bans for seven days without previous warning, without any way to appeal using an automated system that do make mistakes only show us you are just like any other company.

If you in fact respected your players you would give a warning, you would be more transparent and not just ban first talk later, just because you have the power to do so, this action today was pretty arrogant.

Come on dude I pay your salary, im not just a player im also a customer some consideration maybe?

You find my words harsh? What about 7 days surprise ban?

The most toxic players never realize they are toxic.

The fact that you feel entitled to more than what you pay for (you pay for skins or champs, everybody gets equal treatment for support and bans) doesn't help your case.

TlME

08-22-2012

Quote:
Alyran:
Or their math is correct and anyone that's been banned is acting just like anyone who has been convicted of a crime in the past. Almost any criminal will claim innocence.

The innocent claim innocence too, something you forget.

Their math is wrong, any fool could see that.

Bob Buh

08-22-2012

Quote:
YouCantNerfSkill:
Hi lyte ,first of all i think you are awesome, but
i just came out of 2 weeks ban (bad behavior) i barely had any time to play how am i getting banned again ?
I think i improved a lot since my last ban.

help ?