Let's talk about abuse of the report feature

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Genspirit

08-22-2012

tbh im a little surprised i didnt get banned lol

cus i be raginnnnnnnn
but then again i rarely report people

Chiptune

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futonlol View Post
You still have a fairly low average game played per day. I'd say leavers and trolls are only in about 5% of games, most of my reports come from people trash talking or feeding.
I usually play 4 to 5 games a day. School started back this week so I've been moving in. But seriously, I cannot even remember the last time I played with someone who intentionally fed or afk'd/quit.

And I get maybe 1 or 2 trash talkers per 10 games, tops. Now I also generally play with friends on my team so that may prevent the trollishness on my own team.

Hearts Grow

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by oO Undersky Oo View Post
I dont belive your numbers are true Lyte i refuse to believe im on top 0.2% most toxic players in this game.

You guys lie, you say in the mail that you investigate the cases before banning, this is not true, its all automated someone code an algorithm that uses some variables, include ones that have influence by other players that may be good players or not, and people like me end up banned.

Really im not even close to the examples of toxic players you have said.

Sorry Lyte but its hard to take what say seriously when you refuse to admit this mass ban banned some people that shouldnt be banned and now giving us unreal statistics.

Suddently give out bans for seven days without previous warning, without any way to appeal using an automated system that do make mistakes only show us you are just like any other company.

If you in fact respected your players you would give a warning, you would be more transparent and not just ban and have a nice day just because you have the power to do so, this action today was pretty arrogant.

Come on dude I pay your salary, im not just a player im also a customer some consideration maybe?

You find my words harsh? What about 7 days surprise ban?
I agree, but it doesn't mean squat since we are now, "Toxic."

Vahlen

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
You have nothing to worry about. Like someone else I checked earlier... you are about 400x in report weights away from being affected by something like this.
What of those that are making actual attempts at reformation though? You said that this specifically target players with a low report weight. I am pretty much positive that I tanked my report weight in the first few months it was out, but that was well over a year ago and since have significantly improved my behavior. If you don't believe me then I encourage you to look at my behavior from 09-present, I was a complete freaking ******* back then but now I am generally civil, albeit smug sometimes.

grybranix

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrowlyGuts View Post
The first time I've seen you type something intelligent in this thread.

The guy hired by Riot to look for elements in the community that were both negatives for other players and were not being picked up by the current system in place for that decided he should be banned. Then he was.

Yet I think you see this as a bad thing.
Yeah, I do. I could explain it in detail, but I realize that it would be falling on deaf ears. Plenty of other people in this thread are actually trying to explain in detail what's wrong with this, and if you were interested in that you'd read their posts. I already know you've disregarded everything they wrote, though, and that anything interesting or thoughtful I write will be likewise ignored.

Therefore I have decided to type long streams of curses and vitriol at Lyte and people like you since if nobody's going to care what I post regardless of what it says, I might as well get some satisfaction out of it.

I actually just accidentally explained what's wrong with the reporting system in this post already.

Old Dirty Teemo

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDnD2 View Post
A warning for doing something that was never punishable in the past? Sorry but when I want to do X and someone says you can't do X despite confirming to their demands that I change behavior... yeah that's kinda irritating.

Consider something you do in your daily life that you don't think is wrong. Now be punished for it. If you believe that the punishment was harsh and in-just do you roll over or do you voice your opinion?

lol welcome to millions of lives. lots of people smoke pot everyday and get put in prison for non-violent marijuana offenses!!! LEGALIZE IT!!!

Jorai

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosBloodterfly View Post
If you're worried about getting banned and haven't gotten any warnings or bans, you're almost definitely in the clear.

Bans have a progression system, unless they are personally handed out by a Riot support member. And they rarely hand out instant perma bans unless there is something so incredibly wrong with somebody's behavior.

Good joke. I didn't have any warnings or bans, and all of the sudden I have a 7 day suspension. HAH! There is no "warning", they just filter out who they decide is "toxic" by their bull**** set of rules.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

08-22-2012
29 of 142 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurumiki View Post
Hello,

First of all, thank you so much for being active in these forums and trying to sort this ordeal out, I know it must be tedious.

Well, today (August 22nd) was my birthday! What a birthday surprise to find out I'd been banned for the first time, ever. Of course I'm saddened by that fact, but I also feel so full of shame when I look over at my boyfriend's computer and watch him play while I cannot.
You are quite close to a Tribunal case but from the sounds of it I think you can make a difference and avoid it and any future bans. This was probably a severe wake-up call for you and I apologize for that

HashyAKAdave

08-22-2012

I only report players who break the summoner's code.

Why did I receive a week long ban for false reporting?

Also, on august 14th I received a week ban and I never got an Email regarding it, I've had a support ticket open for 9 days with no luck..

KajaGrae

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hearts Grow View Post
No really it would be more like calling 911 many times for reasons which you thought were legitimate, but in the end the police decided that they weren't... really it's total batscrap.
No, its more like you called the police becuase you got in trouble for slapping your kid sister, and you wanted some sort of revenge, so called them and told them some BS that forced them to use time and resouce for nothing but your petty whim.