Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Let's talk about abuse of the report feature

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

oO Undersky Oo

08-22-2012

I dont belive your numbers are true Lyte i refuse to believe im on top 0.2% most toxic players in this game.

You guys lie, you say in the mail that you investigate the cases before banning, this is not true, its all automated someone code an algorithm that uses some variables, include ones that have influence by other players that may be good players or not, and people like me end up banned.

Really im not even close to the examples of toxic players you have said.

Sorry Lyte but its hard to take what say seriously when you refuse to admit this mass ban banned some people that shouldnt be banned and now giving us unreal statistics.

Suddently give out bans for seven days without previous warning, without any way to appeal using an automated system that do make mistakes only show us you are just like any other company.

If you in fact respected your players you would give a warning, you would be more transparent and not just ban first talk later, just because you have the power to do so, this action today was pretty arrogant.

Come on dude I pay your salary, im not just a player im also a customer some consideration maybe?

You find my words harsh? What about 7 days surprise ban?

Hearts Grow

08-22-2012

Quote:
Enterti:
Or for prank calling the police... 600+ times

No really it would be more like calling 911 many times for reasons which you thought were legitimate, but in the end the police decided that they weren't... really it's total batscrap.

PiggySaysWhat

08-22-2012

Quote:
Horus2:
-My biggest issue with this is still that nowhere were we told that "reporting too much" was something that was a bannable offense. You essentially invented a new rule and punished people that were violating it before it was a rule.

This would be the only thing in your argument I can understand. The rest *cough*One unskilled a game? Way to be a negative ***** *cough* doesn't really help. There is nothing (unless it's been updated or hidden somewhere I missed) in either the summoner's code or the tribunal's FAQ that discusses or even discourages excessive reporting.

I'll give you my premonition of Lyte's response though. Your reporting wasn't the only issue there. You just happened to be the people in the "toxic reporter" category while they were doing these changes and, after looking at your general actions in your games, said "Wowsa--This is really gross."

Still, as I said, making this a ban about the reporting without making the change known to the community is frustrating. It doesn't make your bad behavior any less bad though.

Doctor Neth

08-22-2012

I wish there was some way easier then bugging Lyte and hoping for an answer in regards to trying to find out things about your account, like

Have you been reporting too much, and maybe you should rethink your reports before reporting them?

I personally didn't get banned, but I'd still like to know where I stand. Any time a red has given me any words on conduct I've always followed them even more strictly then the summoner's code for some reason.

As of right now, I'm still part of the, "Never been banned club" except I got a 24 suspension from the forums once, but Wookiecookie told me why I was suspended (Because I was over bumping the pool party ziggs thread) then I stopped bumping it so much =)

shlver

Recruiter

08-22-2012

Quote:
Lyte:
You have nothing to worry about. Like someone else I checked earlier... you are about 400x in report weights away from being affected by something like this.

**** these guys banned are REALLY REALLY bad. 400x? How come they havent been permabanned yet?

GrowlyGuts

08-22-2012

Quote:
Futonlol:
So on one side you have people that abuse the report feature and on the other side you have toxic players? Weird... why weren't all the toxic players just banned then? Wouldn't that make more sense? How does abusing the report system have anything to do with this at all?

And then in the middle you have toxic players who abuse the report feature, you know, the group that was banned.

Momento Morì

08-22-2012

Quote:
Focuzed:
Again, it wasn't a rule before, now it is. So you retroactively punish players before you announced the new change.

Being an ass was against the rules beforehand though, and people banned under this system had to fall under that category as well. Crisis averted.

Quote:
And as I've stated in previous threads, I am a 3rd year Law student at the University Of Cincinnati, and I have personally contacted my Law professor this evening concerning this to confirm my already thought of ideas. Once you accepted money in the form of RP, we become your customers, and within that idea there are certain things that your company HAS to abide by when handling your customers. And this goes against those laws. Make sure you tell your crew who made the "hard" decision that as well. They might want to look into that for future instances.

The tough guy routine won't garner you any sympathy though, especially when it's so blatantly silly.

Hierarch DF

08-22-2012

Congratulations RIOT
NOW U MADE UR TROLLBUNAL SYSTEM EVEN MORE TROLLISH

TlME

08-22-2012

Lyte...and riot have officially sided with the trolls =(

Captain Spork

08-22-2012

Quote:
oO Undersky Oo:
I dont belive your numbers are true Lyte i refuse to believe im on top 0.2% most toxic players in this game.

You guys lie, you say in the mail that you investigate the cases before banning, this is not true, its all automated someone code an algorithm that uses some variables, include ones that have influence by other players that may be good players or not, and people like me end up banned.

Really im not even close to the examples of toxic players you have said.

Sorry Lyte but its hard to take what say seriously when you refuse to admit this mass ban banned some people that shouldnt be banned and now giving us unreal statistics.

Suddently give out bans for seven days without previous warning, without any way to appeal using an automated system that do make mistakes only show us you are just like any other company.

If you in fact respected your players you would give a warning, you would be more transparent and not just ban and have a nice day just because you have the power to do so, this action today was pretty arrogant.

Come on dude I pay your salary, im not just a player im also a customer some consideration maybe?

You find my words harsh? What about 7 days surprise ban?

he can't prove anything

he's just pulling numbers out of his ass in a futile attempt to cover up his fallacy

it's pretty cute