Let's talk about abuse of the report feature

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WER386

08-22-2012

Does anyone know the difference between Lyte and Toxic Mundo?

Lyte health will take time for his health to become an average IQ person while Mundo has the highest HP regen in game ^_^

( Did ya expect a toxic sided joke? )

BTW: If I report in game, I get banned, If I report in forums, GMs tell me not to call names in the forums. Can you PLEASE confirm that block listing will not get anyone banned?

HashyAKAdave

08-22-2012

I only report players who break the summoner's code.

Why did I receive a week long ban for false reporting?

Also, on august 14th I received a week ban and I never got an Email regarding it, I've had a support ticket open for 9 days with no luck...

messymike

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
We generally understand that players will have outbursts here and there; for example, a frustrating day at work compounded with a frustrating game in League combined with a player screaming at you all game. However, we take these into account in systems like the Tribunal.

From 1-100 (with 100 being players who would be banned today, or banned by Tribunal), you are currently a 1. I think players fail to realize how dramatically off the norm these banned players are.

again, you are inconsistent... if these people banned today are so off the mark, the tribunal would pick them up in a matter of days... yet there are people who have never had tribunal issues, or have had a few but from when it was very first introduced and have since reformed...

just admit that there has been more collateral damage than expected already

if the tribunal were working as intended, you wouldnt need to hand pick people to ban...

if the tribunal is working as intended, you are banning for something they have already faced judgement and punishment for... out of spite

handing out harsh suspensions without warning or contest, for clicking report
and btw, does no one remember the days of infinite reporting, where you could report a single person repeatedly? i'm sure that ended up working out in my favor after i reported someone for throwing a 75 minute game on purpose about 50 times not sure if it ever went through

PrettyUnicorns

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focuzed View Post
Again, it wasn't a rule before, now it is. So you retroactively punish players before you announced the new change. Seems shady to me. You've completely lost my business, and I've spent over 1k on this game, all champs, 165 skins, some of them extremely rare. I've always vouched for Riot because I honestly believed you were a great company.

But banning people abruptly, for using a feature you provided, in a horribly designed elo/matchmaking system is wrong. You can continue to misconstrue the words however you may please to twist it around that what was done was a great addition. Your not fooling anyone.

I've been getting into Dota 2 alot recently due to the increasing bull**** that has come along with this game and I will continue to give my time to Valve and their amazingly designed game.

Inb4 the trolls who didn't get banned say GG NOOB, but no, they aren't contributing to the toxicity. Not at all. LMFAO, see how your system is extremely flawed?

If I really cared 2 ****s or not, I could hop on my ult acct which again has all champs, not as many skins but its not my main. You aren't really proving anything in my situation except for how horrible your company handled this situation.

And as I've stated in previous threads, I am a 3rd year Law student at the University Of Cincinnati, and I have personally contacted my Law professor this evening concerning this to confirm my already thought of ideas. Once you accepted money in the form of RP, we become your customers, and within that idea there are certain things that your company HAS to abide by when handling your customers. And this goes against those laws. Make sure you tell your crew who made the "hard" decision that as well. They might want to look into that for future instances.

You've lost a good portion of your fanbase after today, but that doesn't matter to you/your company. No matter how hard you try, this will never be a non-toxic game. You actually just contributed to the toxicity of your own game that you are trying to fix.

Now, excuse me while I go contribute some money to a game that even still in beta form, has a higher prize pool for there season 2 tourney. Thank you for making the decision that much easier for me.

Adieu

Is this guy serious?

Lemonwedgie

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryswar View Post
Just because you don't understand how Riot did it, doesn't mean that they just picked names out of a hat. Jesus H crikey on a pogo stick how can you people so consistently assume that Riot is just screwing around? They have psychologists and statisticians, you have - empty accusations based on no evidence.
They used a percentage to group people and tag the word toxic to them to justify their actions. That is an empty accusation.

The nature of my visit to these forums today is to understand the thought process here. This is the purpose of a forum, to exchange ideas and information.

FreeK

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
To be honest, we'd probably ban more players and be more strict.

Players who vote in the Tribunal have historically been more lenient than Riot staff.
I'd like to ask about this. If someone whom Riot would have banned is deemed okay by the tribunal, how do you feel about it? Do you think it's a necessary evil (in your eyes) to let those somewhat guilty people go to ensure the worst are punished? Or rather, do you think that if the voters deem it not punishable, that it is action they feel is tolerable to an extent by other players, and should not be punished?

And on another note, since I've been interested in this, how well do I stand in regards to report accuracy? I'd like to say that I usually only report the worst offenders, but I'd like to see what my report record has to say about that. I'd also like to ask about the report weighting. If someone can reach 0, do the people who report truly bad cases get additional weight, such that a single person's report alone could hold more significance than two people on the same team that report the same person, but hold somewhat inaccurate reporting records? On a similar note, what about people whos reports lead to a person going to the tribunal, but the person is not punished? Will the reports hold the same weight? What about in cases where you guys would punish the players?

Jorai

08-22-2012

Lyte.. I beg of you... Why?!? I need to know why exactly I was banned? Post it on here, I don't care. I reported many an "Unskilled Player" in NORMAL mode, and many who intentionally fed or went AFK, which is self-explanatory. So why was I banned? because others claimed ME to be an unskilled player?

Never did I insult people so viciously by calling them racial slurs! Never did I call anyone a fa**ot or anything of the like. SO WHY WAS I BANNED! PLEASE TELL ME!!!!!

Ko Hakoo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2012

Keep up the good work.

ChaosBloodterfly

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehCrow View Post
Hi lyte, I usually report every leaver i come across and try my hardest to never leave a game, and I know i do sometimes say "i'm done, i'm afk, afk" or something along those lines but then i sigh and continue to try and win the game, I know i swear alot and currently i'm trying to keep my negative attitude to myself by playing with friends and controlling my emotions It's hard but i will continue to attempt to become a better player in this game. And can you please give me a general idea of how close i am to being banned? And is it possible for me to get a straight up perma ban? or if i do become banned will it be a warning? I've never received a ban or warning before (not including forums for that one stupid DOTA2 post i made a long time ago)
P.S Sorry for wall o' text a little nervous...
If you're worried about getting banned and haven't gotten any warnings or bans, you're almost definitely in the clear.

Bans have a progression system, unless they are personally handed out by a Riot support member. And they rarely hand out instant perma bans unless there is something so incredibly wrong with somebody's behavior.

CptCoolBeans

08-22-2012

i've never been banned/ warned and even i think the tribunal is broken. i dont think 10- 20 bad games justify a ban if you've played 500 games ( assuming just wins).