Let's talk about abuse of the report feature

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Moon Wyern

06-14-2013

Wow...never know LOL have so much serious topic going. First time joining a game forum cuz i've been seeing "report xxxx" or "everyone report xxxx" in many games that i've played recently, or more than usual recently. I've never understood what "reports" and am quite annoyed when many team players does this...excessively in 1 game.

One of my summoner friend even got reported for....being too good at the game....which is weird (-_-lll).
He plays khazix and got over 20 kills for the team and yet they want to report him.....for being too fed..btw, it's the ally who's reporting him.

I just got my first "report (me)" today just because i'm not skilled at this game. (Still practicing how to be good at it). This really made me concern what reporting is about. Thankfully Lyte made it clear.

It's sad to see how people get so serious over a game with others, unless it's the tournament then i would understand why.

SavageMinnow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanakÝ View Post
How can you report someone for flagrant reporting? IE Claiming all game they will report someone who clearly doesn't deserve it
Negative attitude or verbal harassment. Take your pick.

Cement Truck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon Wyern View Post
Wow...never know LOL have so much serious topic going. First time joining a game forum cuz i've been seeing "report xxxx" or "everyone report xxxx" in many games that i've played recently, or more than usual recently. I've never understood what "reports" and am quite annoyed when many team players does this...excessively in 1 game.

One of my summoner friend even got reported for....being too good at the game....which is weird (-_-lll).
He plays khazix and got over 20 kills for the team and yet they want to report him.....for being too fed..btw, it's the ally who's reporting him.

I just got my first "report (me)" today just because i'm not skilled at this game. (Still practicing how to be good at it). This really made me concern what reporting is about. Thankfully Lyte made it clear.

It's sad to see how people get so serious over a game with others, unless it's the tournament then i would understand why.
Agreed, it is relatively amusing how upset people can get in game over small things.

Aknowsia

06-14-2013

@Lyte, I don't know if this has been brought up but it's kind of getting annyoing every game in ranked when someone wants to report someone for unskilled and losing the game for their team. It makes for a less then joy able experience. I wish riot would do away with the "report unskilled player" portion. It seems to cause more harm then good.

Dash Sendai

06-14-2013

End the Tribunal

Aidin

06-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aknowsia View Post
@Lyte, I don't know if this has been brought up but it's kind of getting annyoing every game in ranked when someone wants to report someone for unskilled and losing the game for their team. It makes for a less then joy able experience. I wish riot would do away with the "report unskilled player" portion. It seems to cause more harm then good.
That report option doesn't do anything. At best it's just a way for riot to analyze their matchmaking system, and it's not a very good way. You will not get into the tribunal for unskilled player reports.

DrainoSlushie

08-05-2013

I got vile a couple times during a few games. After one where I was indeed nasty to others, soon as I exited out of the end game screen got a warning almost immediately. That's all it took, since then I've been trying to be nicer and just stay silent and keep playing. I've learned that if you respond to someone being vile it just makes it worse, so now I reply "chill" or "your cute when your angry" (still not sure if thats a bad thing to say or not)

DangeRussMuscle

08-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanak├* View Post
How can you report someone for flagrant reporting? IE Claiming all game they will report someone who clearly doesn't deserve it
I can't stand this. People calling out for reports on others in all chat should be considered toxic and counter-effective to good, friendly, competitive gameplay. I usually report people that do this more than once under spamming.

If you going to report someone, just report them, don't beg for reports in all chat to try and get someone banned. You should be typing things to help your team win. If you can type report XXX, you could also type some strategy or tactics. Nothing demotivates me more than seeing a teammate do this.

chamdin2

08-26-2013

dafuq. I got banned for seven days once for leaving i dont leave much

YuI Brenner

08-26-2013

How heavy do report weights get? These people abusing the report system have a weight of 0, what's the highest weight someone can achieve?