Let's talk about abuse of the report feature

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eilos

09-05-2012

I'm afraid I may get reported most of the time when I don't surrender (which is whenever a vote is called), because people tend to be in bad spirits anyway if we're losing a game. I'm a bit worried about it- do you have any comment?

Also I don't mind a quick sentence or two at the bottom of a different post ,-,

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

09-05-2012
135 of 142 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eilos View Post
I'm afraid I may get reported most of the time when I don't surrender (which is whenever a vote is called), because people tend to be in bad spirits anyway if we're losing a game. I'm a bit worried about it- do you have any comment?

Also I don't mind a quick sentence or two at the bottom of a different post ,-,
You get bumps of reports here and there but generally you seem fine. Players rarely report if you don't surrender--it's mainly the players who refuse to surrender, then shout profanities at their team at the same time.

ShiznazTM

09-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
You get bumps of reports here and there but generally you seem fine. Players rarely report if you don't surrender--it's mainly the players who refuse to surrender, then shout profanities at their team at the same time.
Do you think a yearly track-record for players that have not caused a warning or a ban to be viewable for the previous year would be a good idea to improve player behavior?

X times you reported false.
X Times correct.

X times you are reported and for what.

?

Putzfrau

09-05-2012

Quote:

Honestly I've been a little nervous to ask, but sometimes I worry I'm approaching some type of tribunal judgement as I've never had any before.

I don't see myself as this perfect angel, so I keep telling myself it's only a matter of time before the inevitable happens.

Are my concerns valid? Should I be more proactive about curbing my behavior?

Honestly there seems to be a lot of posts along this line. Is there any type of general guide line, such as "the players targeted in this sweep reported in approximately x% of their games and were reported in x %.". Seems like their has to be an easier way of eleviating or validating these concerns then you personally responding to as many posts as you can. (which is greatly greatly appreciated)

rootintootin

09-05-2012

Honestly from what I have seen the players complaining the most are the ones I have been wondering when they will be banned. The Katarina,Hearts, and Flexxon are the biggest trolls I have ever seen. Good riddance

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

09-05-2012
136 of 142 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putzfrau View Post
Honestly I've been a little nervous to ask, but sometimes I worry I'm approaching some type of tribunal judgement as I've never had any before.

I don't see myself as this perfect angel, so I keep telling myself it's only a matter of time before the inevitable happens.

Are my concerns valid? Should I be more proactive about curbing my behavior?

Honestly there seems to be a lot of posts along this line. Is there any type of general guide line, such as "the players targeted in this sweep reported in approximately x% of their games and were reported in x %."
You're pretty similar to the last poster I checked. You certainly display some less than ideal behaviors, but you don't do it consistently. I wouldn't worry about the Tribunal--it's designed to only identify toxic players who are consistently disruptive game after game.

However, in general I'd like Team PB&J to reduce the number of 'toxic incidents' the average decent player has. The Tribunal is great at identifying the worst of the worst, but we need to brainstorm a few ways to nudge players back on track when they just have a terrible day + have an outburst of bad behavior.

HumdingeRll

09-05-2012

It's funny how you say the report feature is for people who you think do not belong in the community... funny. So i guess when people provoke un wanted behavior in game i guess that goes under the 'does not belong in the community' category for the one being harassed.

To me i think you have only solved one thing, joining ques. You know i for one thought you
had things under control about people abusing something in game when in fact the real issue is right in front of you, and it is going on everyday riot. I guess you dont know how bad your matchmaking is, and it blinds you. When people keep bringing up the issue you finally say something to address the issue, but what will you do?

I come to forums when i feel cheated out of my time, but so far things have been going steady in terms of having a manageable game, but i have encountered trolls in game who have intentionally fed in a ranked game with 17 deaths losing me elo. Those are the people who need to be gone from this community, but there is one problem. I start to rage at them and they end up reporting me, well what do you know abusing the system.

Get on it riot because right now people are abusing your in game feature and it needs to stop.

Heartlis

09-05-2012

Quote:
The Tribunal is great at identifying the worst of the worst.
And then you gave them a 3 or 7 day ban. If they are the worst of the worst, get rid of them. The problem is no one fears the consequences of their actions, as long as that is the case things will not improve. People who wreck games (not the "gg noobs" type) should get one long break (2 weeks - a month) from the game then a permanent ban.

N49

09-05-2012

Could I get a check on my EU account?

Will you be able to even find out which one it is without me giving the name(it should use the same E-mail)?

Biooutbreak

09-05-2012

Quote:
this might be beneficial to this thread, a while back i played a game as eve (after her buff) and lost my cool to the guy that killed me (he pretty much skill shotted in the dark after i ganked with less than 100 hp and it connected, i was not happy. XD) now i felt i was being derogatory and rude to him, but i did so in a very indiscreet way. (after the game was over i apologized to him in post game chat) if you could find my game chat with that, but i don't remember exactly what i said during the game. i felt i was being rude at the end of the game but what do you think lyte? i can't remember exactly what i said, but i'd appreciate if you gave me input and shared what i said, and if that's borderline or over the edge. if you can, like how you would have felt if you were on the receiving end of what i said. if you can, thanks.

(if you wanna give me idea about what kind of player i am, it would be nice to hear but i don't need it, i feel i'm a generally good, happy player all around)