Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Let's talk about abuse of the report feature

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Captain Spork

08-22-2012

Quote:
Lyte:
Ah, I mean their reports are now worth 0 and are ignored by the Tribunal.

SO HE GOT BANNED WHy?

WER386

08-22-2012

Lyte: plspls tell me my toxic measure in reports per second ^_^

Futonlol

08-22-2012

Quote:
Momento Morì:
Because it's not possible to have two pieces of criteria for something.

Sure it is but that's not what's happening here. What's happening here is an outraged community disagreeing with a decision and the person who made that decision back peddling and making excuses to justify his mistakes.

If we were banned for abusing the reporting system that would be it. But we weren't, we were banned for something completely different that has nothing to do with the reporting system, or at least that's what he'd have you believe. It makes no sense at all. He should be a politician.

grybranix

08-22-2012

Quote:
Captain Spork:
SO HE GOT BANNED WHy?

because lyte felt like banning him and he thought the tribunal wasn't doing it fast enough

Cryswar

08-22-2012

Quote:
Sageoffire:
A few things i wanna ask.

1) I rarly, RARLY, report anyone. I main supports and about the only time I report is if someone goes out of their way to trash talk me for not saving them or whatever. At this point I usually state that i muted them and i carry on with my game, and report them at the end. I am curious, does my action of muting a person actually have any sort of effect on their trash talking? Do you know if they calm down when they realize that they are talking to a wall? I would be interested to know but since they are muted, i cant really tell :P

2) You have glossed over this a few times, but way back when, when people allegedly got banned just for saying something like "gg noobs" at the end of the game. Riot kinda set a precedent to report for ANYTHING that might seen even slightly offensive or rude. Now people are being punished in part for their massive amounts of reporting, many of these reports probably being for that really silly reason of someone saying 'gg noobs'. You guys are sending mixed messages. SHOULD we be reporting for really stupid reasons, even if its questionably legitimate? I personally dont, but alot of other players probably do, because they were told they should.

let me boil down the Tribunal system for you into two lines

1.a don't be a failboat
1.b. see 1a, and keep in mind that it applies when reporting

It's not complicated. These people got banned for INTENTIONALLY and -viciously- abusing reports to ruin people's days. They did not get banned for well-meaning but inaccurate reports, they did not get banned because someone peed in Lyte's cereal cup this morning, they did not get banned because the stars aligned and the Old Ones awakened. They got banned for being horrible, horrible people.

Rohkar

08-22-2012

Quote:
grybranix:
you know you're the kind of player I never want to play with

you're the guy who thinks it's fine to feed a death to the enemy team at 30 minutes to end the game just because your allies are dying too, even though other people on your team are still trying to win

well I have news for you, it's not fine and you're a jackass

I'm that type of guy? Funny, because I've never once done that or anything like that. A game's not lost until the Nexus is destroyed.

And I'll keep playing until then for the next week, which is more than I can say for you.

HashyAKAdave

08-22-2012

I only report players who break the summoner's code.

Why did I receive a week long ban for false reporting?

Also, on august 14th I received a week ban and I never got an Email regarding it, I've had a support ticket open for 9 days with no luck.

Ezekiel

08-22-2012

Quote:
ADC OR I FEED:
Have you considered that people who have a 0-3 score while everyone else has a 0-2 to 0-5 but are running in, dying over and over intentionally, and/or not listening are intentionally feeding, which is entirely warranted. I thought this was about intention, not score.

Put that in your report then. And then ask the rest of the players to do it too. Then maybe it will be his word against 3 or 4 others. Call out the player "Could you stop running into the turret?" This would leave some record for tribunal to read.

grybranix

08-22-2012

Quote:
Futonlol:
Sure it is but that's not what's happening here. What's happening here is an outraged community disagreeing with a decision and the person who made that decision back peddling and making excuses to justify his mistakes.

If we were banned for abusing the reporting system that would be it. But we weren't, we were banned for something completely different that has nothing to do with the reporting system, or at least that's what he'd have you believe. It makes no sense at all. He should be a politician.

Maybe Senator Yee needs a cabinet

Horus2

08-22-2012

Have posted this a few times now, hope to get it answered. I'll re-iterate, yes I've frequently threatened and encouraged others to report people(as a warning to them), yes I report people almost every game(usually unskilled), but I was not aware that either of these were grounds for bans, and Riot was certainly not clear about this. Please read the below as well.

Quote:
Horus2:
-My biggest issue with this is still that nowhere were we told that "reporting too much" was something that was a bannable offense. You essentially invented a new rule and punished people that were violating it before it was a rule.

-My second issue is that I have never once false reported. I report a lot, pretty much one "unskilled" a game. If you wanted me to do less reporting, or only report the worst of trolls, all you had to to was ask me. I used the report feature frequently and encouraged teammates and opposing teams to do so if there was a particularly abusive player, but that was to try and HELP the community, not hurt it.

I don't use offensive language(racial slurs or anything like that, which I see almost every game) and I never start any fights or talk in a game. If people talk to me, I try to defend myself in the fairest manner possible. Once in awhile, I'll call someone "stupid" or "idiot" or something along those lines in a heated game, but that's about it. If I'm somehow measure in the bottom .2%, from what I've seen, then your ranking system for this was entirely broken, I'm sorry.

I ended up banned in this mess. Really disappointing.