Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Let's talk about abuse of the report feature

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

grybranix

08-22-2012

Quote:
Rohkar:
And that's why you're banned as well, because you don't understand why he's NOT part of the solution and how that behavior is wrong.

you know you're the kind of player I never want to play with

you're the guy who thinks it's fine to feed a death to the enemy team at 30 minutes to end the game just because your allies are dying too, even though other people on your team are still trying to win

well I have news for you, it's not fine and you're a jackass

Doctor Neth

08-22-2012

I think I've reported a good amount of people

Am I over reporting people tho? I don't know..I'm pretty sure I've never really used the report feature to bully people.

OneVendetta

08-22-2012

Mr. Lyte is there any chance u can post ur pic :O I'm really curious how u look like (along with pendragon's XD)

And by saying displaying toxic behavior in recent matches, how many matches did u look back into?

Vocust

08-22-2012

I have never received any kind of warning or ban before but I feel like I report at least 2-3 people per game. Should I take a chill pill and only report people that are super evil? Or is it okay to report the people that are borderline.

Momento Morì

08-22-2012

Quote:
Futonlol:
The best part about all of this is that a lot of people are going to stop reporting because they think they'll get banned for it. In turn the trolls are going to troll harder because they know that no one will want to report them. It's amazing how dumb such educated people can be.

Try only reporting people who actually do something truly problematic, and not being an ass about it in game.

This seems like something pretty straightforward.

KamiKhaZix

08-22-2012

Quote:
H A V O K 1988:
I've been wondering about a few things. I know when I first started playing I raged a bit more than I should have (coming from a traditional mmorpg background and pvping heavily there, it just kinda came naturally) and have since chilled.

My main questions are do custom games count? With proving grounds being my favorite map by far I have seen a lot of ragers, verbal abuse, and afkers. Do those reports mean as much as normal or ranked games or are they weighted differently?

Also, PBE reports. As you may know, PBE is rampant with trolls, afks, harassment and etc. I get that it is meant more for testing than anything else but that doesn't excuse the behavior. Can we get a word on that?

EDIT: Also, Smurfs. The banned and permabanned players just making new accounts and taking their frustration out on lower level or new players (until their 30 and then just take it out on everyone else). Is anything being done to help fix this?

Bumping this because I would love a Lyte, Zileas or Pendragon response. I'm quite happy with the actions taken today and would love to see a stricter hand in these kinds of cases.

Trofest

08-22-2012

Quote:
Wieners Revenge:
So you just said that people who are acting childish deserve to be treated harshly by other players.

Are you truly so dense that you can't see your own contradictions?

I said if you and him want to act like children, I'll treat you like children. I'm not treating you harshly, only the way you're asking to be treated.

Dracondemon

08-22-2012

Lyte, try me. I have never been banned by tribunal unless it happened during a period I did not log in. I only stopped playing once for a month so I doubt this. Most of my reports fall into Leavers/Afkers (specifically in ARAM as that is what I play mostly lately) with 2nd being Feeders.

Also if you could see live video feed of what I have to go through while playing. I do not even know why I still play anymore honestly. I do not find myself enjoying this game for 85% of my time spent on it, as 50%+ games were a complete waste of time, or not enjoyed.
-Also yes you will clearly see how I take matters into my own hands in dealing with this in what I like to call ''Psychological warfare with counter trolling'' (I love to play fun matches, however someone trying to disrupt it first or being afk I do not feel they are entitled to a safety shell from any incoming abuse). As they are wasting 20+ mins of our real life. If we afk because of them we get punished, there is no win for us in this situation.

I could only suggest early surrender feature that would have to be agreed on by the other teammates. As well as 2 of the enemy team. Enemy team would still receive their IP as a win.

Chiptune

08-22-2012

Quote:
Futonlol:
The best part about all of this is that a lot of people are going to stop reporting because they think they'll get banned for it. In turn the trolls are going to troll harder because they know that no one will want to report them. It's amazing how dumb such educated people can be.

I report someone about once every 10 or so games. I rarely ever see trolls or *******s in my games and haven't seen a feeder or AFKer in several months.

Jorai

08-22-2012

Quote:
Jorai:
Lyte, I have never once abused the Tribunal system. Every person I reported (probably around 70% for Unskilled Players) genuinely did deserve it IN THE GAMES I PLAYED WITH THEM. The other 30% were either AFKers, Feeders, or other people their team mates begged me to ban and portrayed it through all-chat. SO WHY AM I BEING SUSPENDED?!??! I WANT TO KNOW!!!!!!! Loyal member of LoL since beta, $$$$ contributor.

I WANT ANSWERS!!!!

Please.

Lyte, respond to me at least once. I genuinely feel I have been clumped together with the ****-society of LoL.