Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Let's talk about abuse of the report feature

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

killazilla200

Recruiter

08-22-2012

Quote:
Futonlol:
How can you claim that after review 300 of the 500 didn't warrant the report? How does your opinion overwrite the opinion of the person reporting? If you aren't physically in the game you can't possibly know if the ban was warranted or not. Do you have a recording of every game ever played? Does your team sit down and watch every single moment of every game to know if that report was justified? It's simply impossible for you to know exactly why I reported someone without being me. After all the system is designed to be opinion based. Every report I do is for a reason ,you may disagree with my reasons but they are my reasons not yours. If you don't agree with my reasons grant him a pardon and move on , or give my reports zero weight. Banning me for using a feature of the game is ridiculous.

Well spoken and I agree with you 100%

Jorai

08-22-2012

Quote:
Lyte:
Too much to work on, too little time

We're trying our best to create as many strong feedback loops as possible, the Reform Cards were just the first step.

How am I to reform if I don't know exactly what I did wrong???? To the best of my knowledge, I reported people for "Unskilled Player" too often. Many other times I reported people, it was for obvious reasons (Leaving the Game/AFK, Feeding enemy team, ETC) Where everyone else, I hope, reported them as well. I know I haven't been the perfect League player; we all rage sometimes. But never once have I been warned, suspended, banned, etc. I do NOT view my doings as "Toxic". I really want to know the specifics behind my suspension!

LYTE!! Please respond!!!!!

HashyAKAdave

08-22-2012

I only report players who break the summoner's code.

Why did I receive a week long ban for false reporting?

Also, on august 14th I received a week ban and I never got an Email regarding it, I've had a support ticket open for 9 days with no luck.

I'm only reposting this in hopes that you will see it, I'm dying to know.

HappyJaguar

08-22-2012

Kudos to Lyte and the entire Riot staff. Efforts like this continue to make League of Legends the best game on the market-Keep it up!

Hearts Grow

08-22-2012

Quote:
Horus2:
-My biggest issue with this is still that nowhere were we told that "reporting too much" was something that was a bannable offense. You essentially invented a new rule and punished people that were violating it before it was a rule.

-My second issue is that I have never once false reported. I report a lot, pretty much one "unskilled" a game. If you wanted me to do less reporting, or only report the worst of trolls, all you had to to was ask me. I used the report feature frequently and encouraged teammates and opposing teams to do so if there was a particularly abusive player, but that was to try and HELP the community, not hurt it.

I don't use offensive language and I never start any fights or talk in a game. If people talk to me, I try to defend myself in the fairest manner possible. Once in awhile, I'll call someone "stupid" or "idiot" or something along those lines in a heated game, but that's about it.

I ended up banned in this mess. Really disappointing.

I am in your boat, but honestly, no one cares... they wanted to do this... they took the time to plan it, and they did it... now they are happy and Lyte is here to demonize the banned players with the term, "Toxic..."

WER386

08-22-2012

Quote:
Lyte:
On both your smurf account and your main account you have showed toxic behaviors in-game recently. Unfortunately, you have also reported hundreds of players(600+!) over time and many did not deserve the report or the behavior you showed in your games.

We've actually already reset report weights to 0 for players who have been abusing the report feature; however, for the worst abusers we felt like we had to do more and added an additional 7-day timeout.

Yo Mr BanHammer:

Tip for noobz like you: if its a thread with 200 pages another with 50, this one and you are trying to help, answer mass questions, not one by one, especially picking ones that actually agree with you bloke.

- So, first thread, you could tell the exact context of every single report in the blink of an eye, now you barely have access to the single number of reports?

- What is your definition of "toxic" BTW? my dic says "property that causes other entities nearby to deteriorate, rot, discompose, etc. So, RU telling 1% of LoL community-- wait, it's 0.2% now? o_O w/e-- that players that got banned today where bad influence? So the LoL community is not reporting anything 'coz everyone is now polite, team coops and never taunts nor trolls so they got nothing to report? Awesome job! ... (...)

- Technically, the community was absolutely cleaned of BRs? No more chat spam in Brazillian (not even Portuguese) else, they'd be getting reported for spam or reporting for w/e they wan thus getting banned? *thumbs up* TBH, I always considered yelling BR been racist, but now I know BRs got punished! ..didn't they? Or that was us the "racists kids in our fat mom's basements" who got punished?

- When we can play again, how many and how "heavy" do reports have to cause getting us banned again?

- If we got a toxic player in our match, do we all ragequit to avoid any possible retaliation from you to us? What if the toxic report us for quitting? how much "weight" will have that?

- If a noobish premade gets ELO matched vs a veteran one (in qualifications) and the veterans pwn the newcomers badly and they get reported and/or report themselves, is that a false report from the newcomer team, an example of good use of report system or does everyone get banned?

- How is the "toxic" tolerance? 1 foul word = 1 radiation expose? If two or more toxic players get reported by clean people, but the Tribunal find them innocent, do the clean people get banned?

- If someone who didn't play in 2 years comes back and become infected by a toxic one, does he get banned?

- If summoners code tells us to lead by example, and one leads the best he can but gets reported for spamming / Verbal abuse, is the report false?

- Can we get a FAQ page of the report system? other games use it to literally mark a player and warn, gag or ban it instead of mocking other players with weird ethic logic responsible reporting and it work for them!

- If one team decides to do something considered offensive like triple mid or 3 junglers and they do good but get reported, is that a false report?

Sorry, I spent 9 hours trying to figure out why I got banned and all I got was you, RiotLyte, saying "was hard, I'm sorry, deal with it".

I think you can imagine why the 1% --0.2% of LoL community is mad ATM.

Thanks for your patience.

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

08-22-2012

Quote:
Hearts Grow:
As Lyte is monitoring this thread, and has already ousted several other obviously toxic players.

I would please encourage Lyte to air out my baggage for all to see.

Is it true that in an overwhelming number of games played, I have been a toxic player? I seem to consistently pull good numbers in the game-play... my K is positive on average...

PLEASE, Lyte, AIR out my baggage... I want to know how toxic I am... Even though the term toxic lacks any definition what-so-ever.

Even when you win, you are quite negative on your teammates. You've already had 5 cases in the Tribunal (a couple punishes, a couple pardons) and have used reports against players you felt were intentionally feeding when they were nowhere close in our review.

Even in games your team is winning, you rag on your teammates and say you will report them for feeding. Players don't deserve that kind of harassment.

GravekeeperHampe

08-22-2012

ey lyte, could you possibly check if I am close or not to being banned? I know I've reported some people out of anger at some games and Im scared that I might get banned

Wieners Revenge

08-22-2012

Quote:
Karzoug:
Thread recap: butthurt trolls are mad.

You mad, bros?

Mmm, your tears are deliscious.

Again, the most toxic players in these threads seem to be the ones siding with riot...

Phantomuffin

08-22-2012

I'm fully behind the decision Lyte and the player support team has taken.

End of the day, if you want to be mean and malicious to other players, then there should be consequences. Its annoying, seeing so many people looking for lines they can toe or loopholes so that theres a "legal" way they can act nasty towards others.