Let's talk about abuse of the report feature

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Powpowmoo

Junior Member

08-22-2012

I wanted to make a two points:

1) No warning was given to us, who feel as if we're helping the community by reporting those players we feel are toxic to the game. This wave of bans was ridiculously abrupt, I would like to hear your reasoning as to why you chose not to give a single warning before you issued such serious bans.

2) Personally, I've only reported those players I feel have broken the rules. Just because people in the tribunal do not agree with our decisions, it doesn't mean our reports are wrong or unjustified. It doesn't mean we're purposely ABUSING the system. People in the tribunal have only access to the stats of the game and chat logs, but not pre or post game interaction. They don't access to a FULL REPLAY of the game, nor have they spent 40 minutes with the accused. They may decide the accused is innocent, but does that mean my opinion is any less valid? Should I be banned for having such an opinion? People in the tribunal may be more lenient than I am - that is their fault and not mine.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

QC Sniper

Senior Member

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas Ice View Post
Guy, you got banned, get over it.
You guys need to get it inside your head that you are not banned for ONE SINGLE THING.
You were banned because of bad behavior and bad attitude 1000x more than other players.
Fix yourself bro.
+1


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bland

Senior Member

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hearts Grow View Post
Ok, so now there are guidelines when reporting players for intentionally feeding... In your example it appears that more than one player is deserving of a report for intentionally feeding... or am I just banning myself again?
So, you assume without any further information (other than the fact that the entire team had bad stats) that a 0/5 is an intentional feeder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hearts Grow View Post
So, really, in other words, TELLING a player WHAT they are doing wrong, or really, simply, THAT they are doing something wrong... is provoking the player...?
AND you are unable to comprehend even the most simple posts. It even stated that, while not great, a neutral "reported" is not enough to get you banned.

So let me summarize what I get from your very own posts:
You have absolutely no clue what "intentionally feeding" means, and believe anybody with bad stats is "feeding" and deserves to be repotred,
You have absolutely no clue how to constructively critize, yet are unable to shut your mouth.
You have absolutely no reading comprehension. (Nothing bannable, just thought it'd be worth noting)

And you're wondering why you got banned with this sweep?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

saintbookman

Senior Member

08-22-2012

Lyte I'm so glad you and your team has been working so incredibly hard to help everybody, and clean up all of the negativity around here. It really puts my mind at ease knowing Riot has such a professional team helping out to make the game better and better.

I just wanted to say keep up the good work


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wieners Revenge

Senior Member

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hearts Grow View Post
Alright, so the fact that I was abusing the reporting feature, (which I was not,) has no bearing on the tribunal since obviously, since I was banned, all of my reports already had zero weight on them.

Very good, so this must mean that I was banned because of my overall toxicity. Please prove my overwhelming toxicity in which I consistently in a large percentage of games, (over 700-800 played in ranked,) have acted in a toxic manner...

Can you PLEASE give me some insight?
Yeah, not gonna happen.

That middle paragraph brings up an excellent point, however.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Momento Morý

Senior Member

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagÝtek View Post
The thread should be named: Let's talk about Riot royally messing up and attempting to backpedal.
They haven't backpedaled on anything yet though.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wingroot

Junior Member

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
You do rage more often than the average player and are close to the Tribunal; however, I think if you make an honest effort from here on out to ignore toxic players and stop retaliating, you'll probably be fine. Just report them after the game and let the Tribunal take care of them!
Wait! you're telling people in a thread about getting banned for reporting to report? you mean just report them and let the tribunal take care of YOU!?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GenericallyNamed

Senior Member

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
All of these players already had 0 weight in their reports and the Tribunal basically ignores them.
The system already ignores them. Their false reporting holds no weight in the Tribunal. If these players are as toxic as you say shouldn't they be getting reported and banned via the Tribunal? I'm just curious why exactly you felt the need to do a mass banning these toxic people when the system should be getting to them.

Also, do you mean 0.2% of the playerbase, or 0.2% of the users classified in the "toxically abuse the report system"?

Lastly, if you feel like it, what's my record like?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KajaGrae

Senior Member

08-22-2012

@Lyte

I think this is a good idea.

What I see here, is that you suspended those people who are being petty and reporting people becuase they have been suspended themselves, or they did something in that game that is going to get them suspended, so they lash out and report anyone for the slightest thing. They gave up First Blood, Unskilled. They went 2/5/4, Feeding.

There may not be a black and white "this is punishable, this is not" page for everything out there, but we all get the jist of the rules, and we all agreed to the TOS and Summoner's Code.

I saw one post in another thread where a person reported Unskilled in over 80% of their games. Absurd! Taking time a resource away from develepoment and QA IMHO.

I see lots of people popping off about injustice and saying they didn't deserve it. You know you have been banned before. You know you report just to be petty and lash out. Learn from this and move on.

To those that say it was too out of the blue and not right, there is no due process here. This isn't a court. You agreed to the rules, and just because there isn't a black and white for every case, you use that as your arguement for repoting frivilously. Own up to it. Learn from this and move on.

Should the email have been better? Yes. Should an announcement have been made prior to the implementation, yes. But nobody is perfect, and it doesn't change the material facts of your suspension.

Stop reporting for feeding and unskilled everytime someone has a bad game or pisses you off. And don't retort with "what's feeding or unskilled, that isn't in black and white anywhere." You know what it is. 2/5/4 is not. 0/20/1 is. All boots builds are obvious. You know these things. Stop making more excuses.

Learn from this, and move on.

@Lyte, Thanks for your time on your day off. Shows excellent customer service. Massive Kudos.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

skidx25

Senior Member

08-22-2012

Does the leavebuster suspension affect the tribunal? I've been suspended for quite a few times now due to leaving games. I really want to know x_x also I wanna know my tribunal behaviour and how close I am to getting suspended.Thank you in advance