Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Let's talk about abuse of the report feature

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AlexDnD2

08-22-2012

Quote:
Lyte:
I personally apologize about this. Automatic messaging was sent out when a player's account is given a non-Tribunal ban and the correct messaging was sent afterwards in a queue.

This was my fault and we'll take extra measures in the future to improve messaging.

Really Lyte? You respond to this and not what I really want you to respond to? OK... at least you are owning up to something.

Hearts Grow

08-22-2012

Quote:
Lyte:
It really depends. If the player was truly intentional feeding, you are fine. If a player was 0-5 when everyone else on the team was 0-4 or 0-3.. you probably are a bit too strict with your reports.

Ok, so now there are guidelines when reporting players for intentionally feeding... In your example it appears that more than one player is deserving of a report for intentionally feeding... or am I just banning myself again?

MCerberus

08-22-2012

Lyte, did the team ever consider some sort of announcement before pushing out the suspension wave? The confusion and suddenness of the situation is likely the cause of your biggest headaches right now as people were left to kind of stew in incomplete answers for a while.

grybranix

08-22-2012

Quote:
Katarìna:
Tell me how off the norm I am then. It's not my fault you guys nerfed Kat and Kat couldn't sustain my 1600. So I dropped to 1400 where the trolls live. Tell me how I'm supposed to just deal with that. It's not normal, I'm normally fine at 1600 where people can play the game and nobody rages all taht much.

Wait YOU got banned?

W
T
F

Rarely speaks

08-22-2012

RESPOND:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=28543329&posted=1#post28543329

ViperVentedos

08-22-2012

I agree with this system.

Lyte does being with a 4 man premade who will report you for X reason and not a valid reportable reason fall under this kind of jurisdiction,so to say?

also wuts my track record? never been banned here but i know im no saint QQ

Captain Spork

08-22-2012

Quote:
GrowlyGuts:
And that 'lot of people' make things worse for a group that is orders of magnitude larger, hence the ban.

i'm having a hard time seeing how .02% of the playerbase can ruin it for everybody else

Hearts Grow

08-22-2012

Quote:
Lyte:
Just saying "reported" by itself isn't that bad; however, it's not great either. I'd encourage you to just report and let the Tribunal take care of the rest.

If you don't get banned for a long stretch of time and play lots of games in a positive manner, your ban severity goes down. I can't say the exact numbers at this time, but keep it up if you've been clear for 2 months already!

So, really, in other words, TELLING a player WHAT they are doing wrong, or really, simply, THAT they are doing something wrong... is provoking the player...?

wonnered

08-22-2012

@Lyte

I've been playing for 2 years now and I'm curious as to how many reports I've sent out as well as other things.

Also, I had been on a clean slate until about 5 or 6 months ago when I quickly went from a 3 day to a 1 week suspension (this occurred within the time frame of a few weeks) but I've been clean again since then. However, I know that somewhere along the way I may have had a few toxic-ish games. I also know that I was in the Tribunal somewhere around a month ago with a case of 4 games where I was reported (but I'm guessing I was pardoned since I never had punishment // I know this because I specifically remembered what I had done in those games and on what champions).

So I was just wondering if you could check how my report standings have been (by & against me, but preferably those sent against me) and tell me if I've really made improvements since my suspension months ago or if I could possibly be even less of a bother/more of a positive influence in my games.

Angel the Dragon

08-22-2012

thank you for doing this lyte, i was so sick of seeing *first blood* OMG f-bomb NOOB

[all](insert angry player name here) REPORT (insert champ here) FOR FEEDING!

i see that waay too often, on a completely off topic and not important note, if you find the time could you tell me how toxic i am? thanks for reading even if you dont respond!