Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Let's talk about abuse of the report feature

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yuan Shikai

08-23-2012

I actually appreciate this whole work you put into your job on your free day, Lyte, and you're one of my fafvorite Rioters now for the amount of work and dedication you put into this whole process, Kudos to that.

That said, I WOULD like to know how my report looks, but I totally understand that you cannot tell everyone and that this thread is consuming much of your time already to just keep up xD

Double O Teeto

08-23-2012

Quote:
AlexDnD2:
Man I hope someone higher up the Riot food chain looks at this tomorrow and says "wtfbbq?"

I'm sure they'll all have a hearty laugh at us Because millions of sheep will continue to fund their product they'll toke on their cigars and bathe in money loling at us

1rReL3v4n7

Recruiter

08-23-2012

Quote:
Warpsy:
Pleading ignorance is not a valid defense.

right and wrong. these people didn't know they were going to be banned for reporting people to much, i e threatening people to report is now a bannable offense who knew? i sure as hell didn't and im **** sure you didn't either so get that attempt a logic bull**** aimed at me out of here

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

08-23-2012

Quote:
ToxicVex:
I like how he is ignoring the people that give logical reasons why the actions taken were impatient, and only responding to people that are praising him.
Hey Lyte,

I understand why I was punished, but why was there such impatience in this process? Why did you assume that all of these players wouldn't respond to a simple warning? Why couldn't you issue a warning and then take action on players that continued to abuse? I am aware of my bad actions and would have responded properly to a tap on the shoulder rather than a slap to the face. I think a lot of people would agree with me on this

Just because we punished the worst 0.2% doesn't mean we didn't just issue warnings to others. For some, we just reset their report weights to 0 as well.

Dreampod

08-23-2012

Quote:
AlexDnD2:
Actually there is a lot of truth in what your saying. Lyte was impatient to ban/drive away people she considers toxic. Its an obvious admission the tribunal is not working or judging the way they want it to.

Or that they hadn't implemented systems to deal with people abusing the Tribunal in this particular way to abuse other players. They've never pretended that the Tribunal is capable of dealing with all kinds of abusive behaviour and they've implemented new technology to sweep for this outside the Tribunal.

We got the exact same complaints that 'no one ever was punished for this before' or 'I didn't know that trying to get innocent people banned because I was mad was bannable' when the Tribunal first got implemented and the huge first wave got washed out. The only reason this seems like a big deal is because this is the accumulated waste of a year getting swept away all at once and even then it is only those who were recently abusive.

BigBenClockTower

08-23-2012

I'm curious, Lyte. I feel I am reported extremely often, despite trying to keep a level head with others, and trying to do my best overall. Whether a poor game or not, I feel like I'm reported often, so it would appease me greatly if you could sort of tell me where I stand in this regard.

Thanks!

AlexDnD2

08-23-2012

Quote:
Momento Morì:
None of that actually justifies being an ass though.

Being an ass in game has always been bad though.

Reporting behavior I find toxic is being an ass? I'll bite that I went over the line on my 3 day suspension I don't dispute it. One of the games I just left my carry to die because I was mad at my jungle - some of the behavior I find toxic. I get that. But then I get this 7 day garbage?

But when you lose your lane by 100 CS - your toxic. Maybe not in normals but in ranked that is toxic. You've ruined the game for the other 4 players on your team. And will the baddie apologize? Oh god no - never never never never. Dying 4-5 times in lane and not buying wards? Yup that's intentional feeding. Sure its not running into the tower and dying but refusal to protect yourself IS intentional and it leads to feeding.

And once again... internet. Game. Internet. Game. Any expectation of civility is dumb.

Doktor Pat

08-23-2012

Go to 47 look right above you!!!

BehemothClaw6

08-23-2012

I wish that there weren't so many trolls in the community. Beyond getting banned for reporting, you have the people on where who have the one sentence posts to troll other people within this forum. Then you have the people who are talking who aren't affected, then you have the people who aren't affected who are asking for their accounts to be looked over even though they are unaffected. And then you have the affected that are being ignored, who can't even make another thread because [i just tried this] when they do its scrolled 5 pages away from how volatile and troll like this community is even at this time of night.

Thusly people who have a good reason to report are getting shut down and though I'd like this account to be reviewed, screw it, this is exactly why i made a second account at level 30 on the same server. This will only be read to be red marked an trolled but those who fall in the category above should feel ashamed though i doubt you will never mind get punished for doing so.

Momento Morì

08-23-2012

Quote:
ADC OR I FEED:

This though, is just too much. Suspended for a rule you never knew existed = priceless.

Being an ass has always been suspendable though, and was a criteria for these bans.

Distorting the issue just makes you look silly. If you're going to complain, at least complain about what actually happened.