Let's talk about abuse of the report feature

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Misterpigs

08-22-2012

Quote:
If you see people who are WAY out of line in the way they speak and behave, please report them after the game.

Please do not call out players on the forums.

-Pendragon
Does this sticky hold any relevance then??

Also I'd love to see what "toxic" reports I've done. You'll find no racism or blatant threats to report in my chat history. In all my two years playing LoL I've never said to anyone "I'm reporting you unless you ****" or "LOL REPORTED NOOB" , not even to a 100% troll.

Diive

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2012

Riot should have warned us about this new rule.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

08-22-2012
6 of 142 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahgnificent View Post
I like this idea Lyte.

But, I'd also like to ask, how does PB&J view cases? I know recently I have been doing extremely poor in ranked games and lost over 100 elo and not being of any use to my team. I've probably been reported in a good amount of games because of it. I don't think I've full out raged in any games but I'd like to know how many games I've been reported in and how the community thinks of the game and my responses.
We generally understand that players will have outbursts here and there; for example, a frustrating day at work compounded with a frustrating game in League combined with a player screaming at you all game. However, we take these into account in systems like the Tribunal.

From 1-100 (with 100 being players who would be banned today, or banned by Tribunal), you are currently a 1. I think players fail to realize how dramatically off the norm these banned players are.

Wingroot

08-22-2012

OMG the people that got banned for no good reason in the past are reporting people without a good reason?

Yet another flaw in the Tribunal popping in to say, HI!.

Katarėna

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterpigs View Post

Also I'd love to see what "toxic" reports I've done. You'll find no racism or blatant threats to report in my chat history. In all my two years playing LoL I've never said to anyone "I'm reporting you unless you ****" or "LOL REPORTED NOOB" , not even to a 100% troll.
^^ Me too ^^

Bend Over Bro

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siva Yuga View Post
That 0.2% players are most active in this game and you banned them. Good Job Riot!
That 0.2% of the players are probably the most hated and unwanted.
Good riddance.

Dayblazer

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterpigs View Post

except most people call themselves out on the forums inviting lyte or pend to shut them down... its been proven over and over again to be really freakin stupid... and yet they still do it.

~Down With The Meta~

Hearts Grow

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Your account has very few reports received and although you do report a fair number of players, you aren't extremely toxic about it. I wouldn't worry about stuff like this in your case. I wouldn't provoke players by saying "Muted and reported" but you aren't necessarily at risk either.
How is that provoking a player?! That is stating the TRUTH of what is happening! I have to mute players OFTEN!!!! If I don't mute them then you better believe there will be further argument!

So, one toxic behavior is PROVOKING a player, by telling them that they are muted... gotcha.

Shredder05

08-22-2012

Quote:
When we analyzed chat logs in this population, we noticed that they were using reports in an offensive and abusive manner. For example, these players would often say "Enjoy your report f@ggot!" or "everyone in this game, plz report this n*gger."

What would happen if you removed the tribuna?

Just curious. This is the first game I have seen people able to "threaten to report". To me, threatening to report almost sounds like "I'm telling!" coming from a toddler

Katarėna

08-22-2012

Quote:
We generally understand that players will have outbursts here and there; for example, a frustrating day at work compounded with a frustrating game in League combined with a player screaming at you all game. However, we take these into account in systems like the Tribunal.

From 1-100 (with 100 being players who would be banned today, or banned by Tribunal), you are currently a 1. I think players fail to realize how dramatically off the norm these banned players are.
Tell me how off the norm I am then. It's not my fault you guys nerfed Kat and Kat couldn't sustain my 1600. So I dropped to 1400 where the trolls live. Tell me how I'm supposed to just deal with that. It's not normal, I'm normally fine at 1600 where people can play the game and nobody rages all taht much.