Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Procylon

11-13-2009

OMFG.

You have to see this movie, and you HAVE to watch it in the largest digital/THX theater you can find.

If I see a disaster movie in the next decade that is even half what this movie turned out to be, I will be highly surprised.

Makes Deep Impact, Armageddon, Godzilla 2000, etc look like a bunch of kids playing with blocks.

This is one of the only movies where I can give the main character a pass for using the Konami Code at the beginning of the movie without being highly annoyed. Honestly, only Chuck Norris could survive in this movie as the main character without having used it.

Anyway, get out there and see it. Don't download it on your crappy little computer, it just won't be the same.

PorkNasty

11-13-2009

Nothing is going to happen in 2012... just like Y2K; another hollywood movie geared toward making a quick buck off of people's fears and irrationalities. Please don't bring up Nibiru/Planet X because something that size would have already been spotted by amatuer astronomers let alone NASA satellites. Time Wave Zero is a Quack theory and as far as the Sun coming into alignment with the galactic equator and causing some type of world wide spiritual enlightenment it would've happened in 1998 when the Sun experienced it's most precise convergance to date.

Anyway, disaster movies are ok I guess; but man vs nature is kinda boring. Mass death of innocents, no villain, no evil force to overcome; it's just run your ass off and survive. Which is ok I guess if the special effects are good; just not my thing. It's kind of a moot point anyway, the sun turns into a red giant in 5 billion years, consuming Mercury, Venus and Earth. So this whole "humanity struggles to survive!" garbage is just that; eventually we won't be around and any evidence that we ever existed is going to be wiped out when this planet gets completely fried. Not that any complex life on this planet will be alive within 2 billion years of that happening. Truth.

PorkNasty

11-13-2009

Not to mention the Andromeda Galaxy is projected to collide with the Milky Way in 2.5 billion years. So cut that time in half.

Procylon

11-13-2009

None of that has anything to do with the movie.

Watch the movie for the superb special effects, the very well done science fiction concepts, and the adrenaline pumping action.

If you don't like those kind of things, then obviously you wouldn't like this movie and you might as well not waste your time talking about it either.

eddysamson

11-13-2009

Yes this movie does poorly reflect 2012.

No what it portrays is not going to happen, or anything close to that.

I just want to point out a few things:

Mayans were spiritual beyond anyone's imagination. They did some ****ed up things to see some ****ed up things. But, they also discovered some amazing things. Certainly something will happen on the date (12/21/2012 @ 11:11AM GMT) but the question is how subtle will it be?

The biblical meaning of apocalypse is revelation. NOT world destruction. So now the question is, what kind of revelation will it be?

Some refer to 2012 as "the end of days" or "the end of time" take these literally, not metaphorically. 2012 may vary well be an end of our current recordings of time. It is pretty obvious to some how inaccurate our Gregorian calendar system is (see: leap year, random lost days over the course of a few thousand years, varying length months). The fact that we randomly say that 4:00 is now 3:00 or 3:00 is now 4:00 through daylight savings tells me something is a bit fishy with how we record time. Just goes to show how time is purely in our human minds.

Now to combine this all, perhaps the revelation will be one that brings us back into a more primitive mindset. And by primitive I don't mean savage, I mean we will move back more in line with nature, and from that, come up with a purely natural way to record time. Similar to the Mayan's calendar system based off the moon rather than our current system based off the sun.

One last thing:

Many crop circles this year that were unexplainable(yes there are some circles that are impossible to make as humans, people report feeling a particularly strange energy while standing in these) have patterns related to the Mayans. Check it out: http://www.crystalinks.com/cropcircles2009.html