Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ezreal help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

F34RS

08-22-2012

Is trinity force worth getting on ezreal? What other items should I be getting on him

AlphariusRising

08-22-2012

Trinity force goes into an Ez build in the same place an early IE goes on every other AD carry (except corki, who can build either)

The reason is you can stagger basic attacks in with your autoattacks and do more damage, and the AP works really well, since you scale off it, and you need the mana in a non-soraka lane.

Your other items should be standard AD carry items. You want 2 AD for every % of AS you get for maximum DPS, so after triforce I would grab a BF sword, then a Zeal into me IE, then PD, then grab a defensive item unless you're really stomping, in which case you can delay or even ignore it, then if they have more than one person with significant armor, LW, otherwise Bloodthirster. You should have of course finished boots before Trinity.

So a finished build will look like:
Zerker's
Triforce
IE
PD
Bloodthirster or Last Whisper
Your defensive item, or a luxury item if you're not dying.. Another PD, another BT, your Last Whisper if you didnt get one before, etc.

Lord Puppy Fury

08-22-2012

No. Trinity Force is not worth it. I used to use it. It's too much for too little.

Start:
Boots + 3 pots

Base:
2 Doran's
A Vamp Scepter
Zerker Grieves

IN THAT ORDER (fun fact, you can solo dragon with full health, full mana, and just this build)

Final:
Infinity Edge is always your first item. You need the damage.
If they have a lot of armor, Last Whisper next
If they don't have armor or I'm having positioning issues Phantom Dancer next
If I really don't have positioning issues I'll throw in a Black Cleaver
Work in a Guardian Angel somewhere unless I have super pro tanks and aren't dying
Finish with Blood Thirster

21/9/0 Masteries. (3) ArPen Marks, (6) AD Marks, Flat Yellow Armor, Flat Blue MR, Damage Quints

Ezreal's my main. Treat him well and he'll take you far.

AlphariusRising

08-22-2012

Quote:
Lord Puppy Fury:
No. Trinity Force is not worth it. I used to use it. It's too much for too little.

If you can stagger your autoattacks with your skills. rather than just using it for stats, it's worth it.

Duhizy

08-22-2012

Difftheender who is a famous experimentor in league of legends did the math and said that trinity force does the same amount of damage if you are always using your abilities because of the slow and the poke. The slow and the increased movement speed over PD that trinity gives allows ezreal the same or more damage then the PD build and the poke that you do before the fight starts causes more damage and makes up for the damage lost with PD.

Not to mention it provides more hp,mana etc it allows ez to play the same role as ashe late game in the fact that he can kit melee champs like a boss and cant be touched. However, if it comes down to just standing still and attacking your enemy then the PD build is better so id go for it if you have a team you know will protect you well.

HungryHungryHOB0

08-23-2012

Pro's of Trinity Force:
- Phage procs = kiting power and even chasing down kills
- Extra HP = survivability. Your dps is 0 if you're dead
- "sheen procs" = Gives your Q some extra damage. Also can trigger phage procs.
- Can be built from pieces = flexibility. No more awkward moment of saving for 1650 gold. The pieces also come with useful perks

Pro's of Infinity Edge:
- Biggest damage item in the game. 'Nuff said here

Cons of Trinity Force:
- Can feel hugely underpowered if not used right. This is an scalpel in the hands of a pro and a fail hammer with newer players who don't understand its intricacies.
- Need to combo everything
- You might end up overestimatingn your Q and underestimating your own auto-attacks.

Cons of Infinity Edge:
- requires reliance on auto-attacks to maximize effectiveness
- Expensive to build and pieces don't provide utility

Basically: I'd recommend infinity edge to newer players and trinity force for experienced players ^_^

Lord Puppy Fury

08-23-2012

Quote:
HungryHungryHOB0:
Pro's of Trinity Force:
- Extra HP = survivability. Your dps is 0 if you're dead
- "sheen procs" = Gives your Q some extra damage. Also can trigger phage procs.

Extra HP is false security. Darius decides he wants you dead and your team can't and/or won't peel him, Phage just means you die .25 seconds later. Any assassin or focused team isn't impressed with your 250 extra HP.

Sheen's lovely, but if you don't have the AD to make doing 150% of your AD worthwhile, it's again not that useful.

Th3Fr0z3n1

08-23-2012

Well Ezreal needs a trinity force if you are going to play him as ADC, but he really is best at the mage role, especially with lich bane... All of your abilities scale off AP, only some scale off AD... And if you get some good CDR you can escape dangerous situations, and sustain your burst alot better, all in all, try him as AP! I have bursted a guy from 2500 HP down to nothing in a couple of seconds with lich bane, athene's, and rabadon's... after getting those 3 items, grab some defensive items to counter the enemy team, but make sure you get void staff somewhere in it...

zhengsta

08-23-2012

^noob alert. ezreal can't farm in mid game without ad.

FaerellG

08-23-2012

Quote:
Lord Puppy Fury:
Sheen's lovely, but if you don't have the AD to make doing 150% of your AD worthwhile, it's again not that useful.

BAD INFO ALERT!
Sheen/Trinity proc only gives you 50% of your BASE AD (plus level up bonuses). It does not include your items/runes/masteries/buffs.

Trinity is pretty good if you're going ADC. I don't play enough to really delve into late game build order much, but I will say that an early Sheen greatly increases your damage output on your Q. Sheen was built for Ezreal's Q. It activates it and delivers the damage all by itself. It's a huge early game nuke and worth it if you have to base but don't have enough for that first BF sword yet.

That being said, if you have the option of getting Sheen or a BF sword, get the BF sword early. It increases your Q damage by about the same amount and it has the added benefit of boosting your auto attacks too. The Sheen proc is great but it's best early game.