Fiddlestix - SILENCE I KILL U!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LaiN

11-05-2009

SILENCE I KILL U!
fiddlestix the ruler!

1)Intro:
2)Skill build:
3)Masteries:
4)Summoner spells:
5)Ur wet dream (Items):
6)Outro:

1) INTRO

loads of ppl dont like fiddlestix coz they wanna play "carry"
gettin loads of kills and /roflface ur enemies.
it IS possible to get loads of kills with fiddlestix
and it IS possible to /roflface them it all comes down to ur playstyle
i will teach u how to do this.

as for most spellcasters u will be useless lategame.
ur time is early-mid, u can hold the entire enemy team down
so that ur carries can farm without fear and win the game for u.

2)SKILL BUILD

Terrify
Dark Wind
Dark Wind
Terrify
Dark Wind
Crowstorm
Dark WInd
Terrify
Darkwind
Terrify
Crowstorm
Terrify
Drain
Drain
Drain
Crowstorm
Drain
Drain

I bet u are sittin there thinking: "OMFG WTF LaiN U MUST BE A HUGE NOOB!!!
DRAIN IS THE BEST SKILL U HAVE EARLYGAME, U CANT DIE AND IF PPL ATTACK U
THEY WILL DIE" i totally agree, IF!!!!! IF!!!!! IF!!!!! they attack, and not only
IF they attack also only IF they stay and hit on u, Furthermore this is only
IF they dont have a stun/disable, plus that u cant move while draining so 5 ppl can
basiclly attack u while u can only drain 1 of them.

on the other hand with dark wind u will be able to stand on good range and harrass
in lvl 9 WITHOUT any abilitypower u will be able to deal 1100dmg with darkwind
ofc not the the same target but it is quite alot anyway it also silence and that will
be crusial in the teamfights. u will also have an amazing farm ablity in Dark Wind.

3)MASTERIES

not really that importent.. use whatever u usually use on spellcasters

4)SUMMONER SPELLS
i use:
smite
teleport

but it isnt really that importent.. use whatever u feel like

5) ITEMS
u wont believe me here. but dont think about it just do it!
Recommended items!

item 1:
Meki Pendant

item 2:
Sorcerer's Shoes

item 1: finished
finish Fiendish Codex

item 3:
Rod of Ages

item 4:
Banshee's Veil

item 5:
Abyssal Scepter

item 6:
zhonya's ring

6) OUTRO
TBH i never really liked fiddlesitx, but in the last week i've started
to fall in love with him. the reason why i didnt like him was because i never got any kills
and i usually feeded alot when i played him, i feeded coz of drain! i overastemated its powers
and i didnt do the proper math on him, the fact that u cant move for 6 seconds if u want drains
full power SUX! so I changed strategy and now fiddlestix has become one of my favorites.
i really recommend u to try this. even if u dont like fiddles coz it sure is alot of fun to
own ppl with a hero they dont see as a potential threat unless they see him channel ulti.

Peace out
US: LaiN
EU: FlaW

Conzeq

11-05-2009

I find drain to be one of the most effective skills with fiddlesticks, you just need to have someone to accompany you with a stun or disable. Dark Wind is more for the silence. And it really isnt good for 1v1's.. I'd recommend hiding in brushes, Crowstorm, Silence, Terrify, and Drain. Pretty much gg for the person at earlygame.

EDIT:
I also find the item build ineffective at start, as you want to stack as much AP as you can when you start, for all of the three spells. A meki pendant and 2 health pots is great for start, but i rush AP right after. You need this for your ultimate.

LaiN

11-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conzeq View Post
I find drain to be one of the most effective skills with fiddlesticks, you just need to have someone to accompany you with a stun or disable. Dark Wind is more for the silence. And it really isnt good for 1v1's.. I'd recommend hiding in brushes, Crowstorm, Silence, Terrify, and Drain. Pretty much gg for the person at earlygame.

EDIT:
I also find the item build ineffective at start, as you want to stack as much AP as you can when you start, for all of the three spells. A meki pendant and 2 health pots is great for start, but i rush AP right after. You need this for your ultimate.

first of all u wont be in many 1v1 situations in this game.. it is a team game and should be played like on...

second u wont need to rush ability power right away... ur ulti will get u the kills at lvl 6 without ap. the good thing about rushing mana reg and survevability is that u will be able to farm ALOT more with dark wind, and that will give way more ap mid game then rushing for it early. if u rush early u will suck at laning so therefor my choice of items and skills...

Malchik

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2009

Ok, I'll give it a shot.

Fiddlestix is one of my favorite champs already, cause of terror/drain combo for champs at half health, but we'll try this superfarm/survivability build and I'll tell ya what I think.

LaiN

11-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malchik View Post
Ok, I'll give it a shot.

Fiddlestix is one of my favorite champs already, cause of terror/drain combo for champs at half health, but we'll try this superfarm/survivability build and I'll tell ya what I think.

thx... i appriciate that ppl are willing to try it before they give further comments on it

GNOY

11-05-2009

You put feedlesticks to shame with this guide, and misleading new players obviously.

Smite are terrible spell on Feedle, teleport maybe ok unless you get 12 lvl for flash. Replace smite with Exhaust and maybe you wont be so hopeless with him.

Darkwind wont get you any kills, really. Darkwind wont give you golem buff on 1st level. Darkwind wont heal you. Darkwind dont have good range at all as you stated, its cast range is pretty crappy actually. Darkwind is easier way to farm, but you can farm with mere lasthitting aswell.

And where's Mejai's Soulstealer?

Malchik

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2009

Well I gave it a shot, all afternoon and here's what I think:

Pros:
He becomes a fantastic farmer early game and levels up very quickly.
He ends up with more gold and better itemized early on.
He has alot of scare potential and becomes great support, early on.
I feel I should clarify that statement. When you can clear creeps quickly and silence groups of enemies, while dealing OK damage to nearby enemy champions, you can really turn the tide in your teams favor. Also the silence leads to your team not getting killed as often.

Cons:
Without the faithful fear/drain combo, you really end up doing less actual killing.
A high leveled Dark Wind on a low level champ at more than half health generally ends up not killing anyone, just forcing a retreat.
Obviously he becomes more and more useless as the game progresses, and the level gap tightens.

Overall: Definitely an acceptable strat. Does not lead to lots of kills but really promotes your team as a whole, leading to your entire team dieing less and your lane having more time to push turrets. It is very different than the uber-ganking stix I usually play, so I welcome this new and interesting strat.

Notes:

For each of my games I picked Heal and Teleport, I generally do this with all my champions.

All of my games were solo que. I think this particular stix style could yield a maximum effectiveness when played alongside high damage champions with limited run-away ability. The silence leads to other higher damage champions to run in without fear and wreck the other team.

Conclusion: It was an honor to try a new style of a character that I already love.

~Malchik

LaiN

11-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malchik View Post
Well I gave it a shot, all afternoon and here's what I think:

Pros:
He becomes a fantastic farmer early game and levels up very quickly.
He ends up with more gold and better itemized early on.
He has alot of scare potential and becomes great support, early on.
I feel I should clarify that statement. When you can clear creeps quickly and silence groups of enemies, while dealing OK damage to nearby enemy champions, you can really turn the tide in your teams favor. Also the silence leads to your team not getting killed as often.

Cons:
Without the faithful fear/drain combo, you really end up doing less actual killing.
A high leveled Dark Wind on a low level champ at more than half health generally ends up not killing anyone, just forcing a retreat.
Obviously he becomes more and more useless as the game progresses, and the level gap tightens.

Overall: Definitely an acceptable strat. Does not lead to lots of kills but really promotes your team as a whole, leading to your entire team dieing less and your lane having more time to push turrets. It is very different than the uber-ganking stix I usually play, so I welcome this new and interesting strat.

Notes:

For each of my games I picked Heal and Teleport, I generally do this with all my champions.

All of my games were solo que. I think this particular stix style could yield a maximum effectiveness when played alongside high damage champions with limited run-away ability. The silence leads to other higher damage champions to run in without fear and wreck the other team.

Conclusion: It was an honor to try a new style of a character that I already love.

~Malchik
nice to see ppl who knows what they are talking about ( who TRIED the build before lettin it down) indeed i agree with u that the fear drain combo hurts, but i feel that it only works well in very few situations. anyhow the Crowstorm+Dark wind really blows the pants of an entire team as u said this fiddlestix really turns the game...

thx for ur reply on how u felt about him

Bahamet

11-07-2009

This build looks pretty interesting and different from the other builds I've read/played. Definitely going to give it a try today, it sounds like a pretty solid team build. I don't care about kills really, I just care about winning To be honest, getting kills isn't all that important...sure it makes your stats look good, but it's all about teamwork with LoL, not who got the most kills. At the end of the day, it's team play and tactics that wins the game, so this looks pretty solid for Fiddle, and I just started to play him and I will give it a try today for sure!

Failtasia

11-10-2009

personally I think Fiddle is amazing if you can get High Health regen ability power movement speed and cool down reduction. Fiddle is also as stated above not very good 1v1 but he makes a great support character if you play him right i was in a game yesterday where I got 13 kills and 17 assissts (even though I d/ced cause my comp freaked out). He is meant to be with a crowd control class such as Morgana who can stun and slow your opponents for you.

and the only problem i see with your build rather than going with Drain and ability power instead is that with drain you can use it on the little guys to regain health allowing you to stay in lanes longer and levle faster you may not get as much gold but you will level faster than if you go darkwind (its more benificial to stay in a lane longer and not get killing blows than to get killing blows but constantly have to recall for hp)