Smartcast Discussion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XCodes

08-25-2012

Janna does shift-QQ and runs away.

Downfallclan

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3hFr0z3n1 View Post
Well if you use smart cast with your line display, then as soon as you hold the button on, you cant move anywhere until you cancel it!!! If you turn smart cast off, you can aim while moving!!! Meaning that not only can you aim better, but you can dodge the enemies lame smart casted ability while aiming at them with your ability!

Also, when playing against someone with smart cast, there is always a time during the enemies attacks that they HAVE to let their guard down, and this is because of smart cast... If you know this weakness you will never lose to a smart-caster... not so smart now eh...
u can aim while moving while u smart cast, Ex: if u "hold" the Q button for ezreal right clicking to move automatically cancles the smart cast. with that said you can easily right click to move Via a direction and hold your Q as soon as you let go of Q the ability will fire.

Failethe

01-10-2013

I actually just started using smartcast but had never used it previously (started using it about 2 days ago). I began to use it because I decided to try Zyra out. On Zyra, smartcast is amazing. I then proceeded to try it on all champs. There are some skills that I was not used to having smartcast at all, like amumu's bandage toss. Because of the requirement to hit the skill, if you miss it has a huge impact. That being said, after some practice I got better at it. Played Darius, and realized the hook could be challenging with smartcast. But even then, I feel with practice I will be able to use it well. As of now I am 1860 elo, so without a doubt you don't need smartcast to be a good player. That being said, for those who are skilled and want to go to the next level, I feel that smartcast is an essential tool because it speeds everything up just enough to win a close call instead of losing it.

pavlicdyshko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2013

i use it the benefits out weigh the negative for me, since im pretty good with skill shot aiming i don't really need the mark, instead id perfer being able to throw out my combos instantly no delaying or having to left click after certain spells

Duhizy

01-10-2013

iv changed my approach slightly this past month, iv set everything to smartcast for a long time but then when i played champs i didnt play often i didnt know spell ranges, my solution is to have smartcast range indicator on until im familiar with the range again and then i just turn it back off, iv gotten to the point where im actually more accurate with smartcast so im happy with it, you just nned to learn to hold it until you know its gunna hit and use the rest of your time to dodge enemy skills.

Spektor

05-13-2013

If you play mid or top, smart casting will win you the lane against a non smartcaster of the same skill. You will be surprised at how fast you adapt to not seeing the blue ghost spell while aiming. Trust your instincts while using smart casting and the speed of your burst will make you a way better player.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-13-2013

Necro

Merb2

05-13-2013

it is great for burst champs like akali, I significantly improved my playing with her by using smartcast. Also, sometimes it can be a downer if you want to see the exact range of a spell, but there is an option for you to hold down q,w,e, or r and you will see the range and when you lift up the button it will cast it so that is great. It is great. love it.

It depends on what champions you play, but some champions it is not that great for. For example, I never use it on alistar because if you are right outside of his charge range, then his charge will be a little unexpected so it will be harder to combo with. I also like to leave it off of leona and blitz, but that is just a personal preference. I use it 95% of the time.

BSIBB

05-13-2013

If you play leblanc. you will notice the difference.

lightningkid555

06-16-2014

The disadvantage of smartcasting is that you'll miss more abilities such as Ezreal.His Q,W,and R are all skillshots and if you miss, youre problem.I just played ezreal and missed a lot of Q's.