Creative Design AMA: Katarina, the Sinister Blade (Revised)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xulsigae

08-29-2012

Dumbass-ians.
Bit of a drawl there.

Tubyboulin

08-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellicus View Post
She didn't even assassinate anyone in her new lore, so actually Katarina isn't even an assassin anymore.
She assasinated a General and slaughtered an entire group of guards. Did you actually read the lore?

@Raven - I really like this revision! Much better, and her mistake is a lot more understandable both on her behalf, and to the reader (I had a bit of trouble puzzling out exactly what happened in version 1).

Cidem1324

Web Content Assistant

08-30-2012

Great rework on Katarina's lore Kitae and Raven! So happy that you guys take community input.

I can't wait to see what's in store for her next. =)

TheLastBaron88

09-28-2012

Sooo I had heard that early in Kat's design she was supposed to have been a mercenary, but it was decided to make her a general's daughter in order to characterize her as a patriotic Noxian. I do think this was an excellent decision, but with the new lore detailing her first mission as a failure, and her family suffering a serious mark of shame as a result... One of the biggest complaints fans have had about her new lore is the seemingly lenient consequences for Katarina's failure, as well as her lack of killer instinct (not the skill, lol). Perhaps moonlighting as a mercenary for a time in order to hone her skills and prove her worth (and her family's) to the Noxian High Council would better show how hard she had to work and how much blood she had to spill to get to where she is? Might also explain how she earned that curiously absent moniker as "The Sinister Blade"... And it would also make that Mercenary Kat skin a little more canon. Just something to keep in mind for any future storytelling you might have in store for our most beloved assassin.

leirynot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2012

Why do you feel the need to butcher the lore? It's fine the way it was and the Soraka and Warwick ones were so much better than what they are now! You're just making Katarina into the cliche cocky assassin character. LEAVE THE CURRENT LORE ALONE!

MysticalRaven

09-28-2012

I guess they fed the old decent lore team to Cho'Gath or something....

Arcane Azmadi

10-01-2012

So where IS this "revised" lore anyway? The version in the client is still "Passion Princess Katarina".

Seriously, does ANYONE in Riot's lore team give a sh*t any more?!

Lady Howl

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by leirynot View Post
Why do you feel the need to butcher the lore? It's fine the way it was and the Soraka and Warwick ones were so much better than what they are now!
Poor WW, he went from possibly the smartest, most 'sinister' character, to a non-original power hungry villain. [I want power give me a potion, idc it might not work.]

Although this is one of the few new lores i can be okay with. TBH i just want a story where WW [with old lore] teams up with his former apprentice/Kat/morg to go after Kayle and some of the other "heavenly" heroes.

Eserine

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eserine View Post
Pursuant to my previous commitment in indicating when I was finished with a discussion, I Eserine, unlike the lore team, now signal that I will not be further participating in this thread (or indeed any part of the lore forum).
Goodbye!

Alex3omg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by leirynot View Post
Why do you feel the need to butcher the lore? It's fine the way it was and the Soraka and Warwick ones were so much better than what they are now! You're just making Katarina into the cliche cocky assassin character. LEAVE THE CURRENT LORE ALONE!

this...

I hate the lore nerfs. And the ****in quote changes? Why would we want to hear what Kat has to say about herself? We hear that every time we play her. How often do we get a chance to hear what one champion has to say about the others? The quotes were an excellent way of strengthening a champion by having someone ELSE say they're good at what they do, or whatever.

I seriously feel like the new backgrounds (both redos and new stuff) are not written as well as it all used to be, and not just the writing itself but the whole 'story' it tells. It's just weak. Lack of JoJ and Judgements doesn't help either. Where is the new lore method? Where are the cartoons, comics, stories? Hire Renektonbot already and put him in charge because his quality control might actually prevent **** like "darius is strong and he was an orphan and thats why he is the strongest meanest with a scar and everything" from coming into this game.