Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Account suspended for reporting too much? This is a new one...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GrowlyGuts

08-22-2012

Quote:
Keeping It Real:
Getting banned for reporting trolls, I can't even believe how you would consider that a good idea, even if they don't end up punished a lot of them deserve it anyway. Tribunal is the most broken system i've ever seen in a video game.

You read what he wrote right? Where in there did he say this guy reported too many trolls so he is banned?

Krutchthedutch

08-22-2012

Doesn't give warning just gives bans. Seems right.

Prof Nekko

08-22-2012

well from the sound of Lyte's response (a TL;DR for you lazy folk) it seems the OP was not just spam reporting, or reporting unskilled players, he was reporting people nonstop for not playing the way he wants them to play. Like people going AP Ezreal or other meta breaking concepts, thus trying to put a fear of banning into them and restricting them from a role they would have fun playing. Ergo he was being a toxic element

Permah

08-22-2012

This is ridiculous, in tribunal you are warned you are doing something incorrect and served a small ban if you don't improve.

If you falsely report, you are handed a 1 week ban?

Jayeto

08-22-2012

wow you people are dense and cant read -.-

riot banned those who FALSELY report someone when that person hasnt done anything wrong to many times like the OP did.

so if you are reporting people that dont play a champion YOUR way and they have done nothing wrong riot is stating you can receive a 7 day ban for it IF YOU DO IT TO MANY TIMES.

Duriel

Recruiter

08-22-2012

Quote:
Lyte:
These are not Tribunal bans. We've been doing a lot of experiments and analysis with false reporters and have found that many of them are contributing to negative experiences in the games they are in--these players tend to threaten players with reports, or threaten players to play their way or be reported. For example, the OP in this case has reported hundreds of players that were not actually toxic and in the process created toxic experiences for these players. The same OP has received reports in 19% of his games resulting in hundreds of reports filed against him and has been punished multiple times by the Tribunal.

We've reviewed these players with extremely high numbers of false reporting and decided to send out a temporary timeout to these players and warn them that this behavior is unacceptable and let them know that they have been creating a negative experience for other players.

that's funny, because i've reported numerous people that deserved it and haven't once got those emails saying someone i reported has been punished [like others have]

so this is to say that if i've not been suspended/banned [permanently] and report people my likelihood of my reports being worth something is slightly higher? or that i'm less likely to be suspended in return of reporting people who might not have deserved it?

Patroks

Recruiter

08-22-2012

Quote:
ChaosHavok:
So you're saying that the Tribunal system is broken?
Oh and you never warned us about this even slightly?
Like honestly? This is shady. Extremely disgruntling.

Should they have to warn about harassing people in game by threatening to report? Should they have to warn you that reporting someone just because they didn't have the best score is wrong? Your way of thinking is messed, its common sense that you shouldn't be doing that, as it makes the game more toxic for the players having it done to like he said.

duck8

08-22-2012

Quote:
Lyte:
These are not Tribunal bans. We've been doing a lot of experiments and analysis with false reporters and have found that many of them are contributing to negative experiences in the games they are in--these players tend to threaten players with reports, or threaten players to play their way or be reported. For example, the OP in this case has reported hundreds of players that were not actually toxic and in the process created toxic experiences for these players. The same OP has received reports in 19% of his games resulting in hundreds of reports filed against him and has been punished multiple times by the Tribunal.

We've reviewed these players with extremely high numbers of false reporting and decided to send out a temporary timeout to these players and warn them that this behavior is unacceptable and let them know that they have been creating a negative experience for other players.

I can agree with the reasoning here, and I haven't been affected by this, but I really think some sort of announcement should've been made.

CausticSushi

08-22-2012

Quote:
Lyte:

YES!

Love to see that Riot is on top of this. Theres literally nothing worse than a premade of 4 threatening to report you if you dont play their way.

Edit: Yeah downvote me, cause you're the ******* that threatens other people. You're probably banned too.

zMajin

08-22-2012

The tears! They are delicious!