Account suspended for reporting too much? This is a new one...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BestBilbo

08-22-2012

Well, the reporting function is broken, everybody knew that.

People can just spam reports.

Prenn

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
These are not Tribunal bans. We've been doing a lot of experiments and analysis with false reporters and have found that many of them are contributing to negative experiences in the games they are in--these players tend to threaten players with reports, or threaten players to play their way or be reported. For example, the OP in this case has reported hundreds of players that were not actually toxic and in the process created toxic experiences for these players. The same OP has received reports in 19% of his games resulting in hundreds of reports filed against him and has been punished multiple times by the Tribunal.

We've reviewed these players with extremely high numbers of false reporting and decided to send out a temporary timeout to these players and warn them that this behavior is unacceptable and let them know that they have been creating a negative experience for other players.
Well thats fantastic. Great to hear a red response to this. Also, keep up the good work Riot.

Captain Spork

08-22-2012

Quote:
These are not Tribunal bans. We've been doing a lot of experiments and analysis with false reporters and have found that many of them are contributing to negative experiences in the games they are in--these players tend to threaten players with reports, or threaten players to play their way or be reported. For example, the OP in this case has reported hundreds of players that were not actually toxic and in the process created toxic experiences for these players. The same OP has received reports in 19% of his games resulting in hundreds of reports filed against him and has been punished multiple times by the Tribunal.

We've reviewed these players with extremely high numbers of false reporting and decided to send out a temporary timeout to these players and warn them that this behavior is unacceptable and let them know that they have been creating a negative experience for other players.
i always put in a funny comment or story when i report people for something trivial like unskilled... guess i can't do that anymore

Chaldyth the Axe

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestBilbo View Post
Well, the reporting function is broken, everybody knew that.

People can just spam reports.
And if you spam reports,

Your reports are weighted less value in the system.

Already stated by a red previously.

-

ART8UR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2012

da **** just reported 4 ppl last game, cya

TootlesTheGoon

08-22-2012

Quote:

You guys need to clearly define what "False Reports" are.
I'll be honest, I report a lot of people; Probably some number like 1 every other game.
Why? Because honestly, about every other game has some ass-hat that insists on taunting and insulting my team, usually when we're at some disadvantage, like when we have an AFK.
If I'm gonna get reported for trying to play in my part in cleaning out the community of the trolls, please warn me.

Caliban Thule

08-22-2012

Quote:

Thats fine. I dont think I am at any risk, but shouldnt there be a warning before the suspensions?

Where is the threshold, if I report 1 person per game, or 3-5? Everyone? Or am I just generally oversensitive? :P

It would be good so people can still report without fearing that they might be banned for it.

MGS Gray Fox

08-22-2012

In before up/down voting someone's post on the forum leads to suspensions/bans.

TheUlf

08-22-2012

Quote:

Boom!

OG Jax Jungle

08-22-2012

Quote:

You guys really have no idea what to do with your own report system.

GG.