Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Account suspended for reporting too much? This is a new one...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kedali

08-22-2012

Quote:
Lyte:
Actually, you've had multiple cases in the Tribunal that almost resulted in warnings and timebans. You've consistently skirted the line of what the community deems OK and are almost up for another Tribunal case.

In addition, you have reported hundreds of players in games where we felt the players did not warrant the threat of a ban.

This is why I'd like to be able to see my statistics. I have a feeling I'm in a similar position as the person you replied to, never being banned/warned, but still skirting the edge.

Maybe I'm wrong and my numbers are fine, but then again maybe next time you tighten up the parameters, there's my no warning ban.

FlavenMan

08-22-2012

Quote:
Epichuntarz:
My e-mail ONLY said I was being banned. I DID NOT get an e-mail, like many others, stating it was for false reporting.

It can take up to 30 minutes I've heard. Wait for it.

MrPattywagon

08-22-2012

Quote:
Katarìna:
Lyte I'd like you to explain something to me. If I report an ADC that goes 0/10/0 in 10 minutes as an unskilled player, am I wrong to do so? Because to me, that's unskilled.

If I'm wrong to do so, please remove the 'unskilled option' from reporting and streamline it, because right now it's not clear what I should report someone for unless they're AFK, or intentionally feeding.

Maybe remove all options that are bigger than a yes or no question. Is a player unskilled? That's subject to opinion based on your personal skill level. Therefore, it's creating inaccuracies when used in reports, and that's not OUR fault. That's YOUR fault for creating such inaccurate options to report with.

You should look through some recent Riot posts. They are overhauling the Report options, removing some and consolidating others.

Sessamo

08-22-2012

Quote:
oiasfdjojisfda:
Dear Lyte, I'd appreciate it if you'd read this post. It contains no profanity, my only goal if for you to understand where I'm coming from. You don't even need to respond, I'd just appreciate it if you'd read it.

To start off, no I am not posting from my main account. If there is a way to send a private message on these forums, I'd be happy to tell Lyte my main account name, but as I'm about to tell you some embarassing things about myself, I'd rather not have my friends who also read these forums know it's me.

I've played about 3000 games of league. When I started I had no idea how much I'd like the game, but as I grew to level 30, I only liked it more and more. The one thing I couldn't stand is that when I did bad I had to listen to people complain about me. This might not be a big deal to some people, but what makes me different than some people is that I was heavily bullied in high school. I imagine I'm not the only one to play this game that's been bullied. I went through high school with the nickname "needle ****" despite nobody ever seeing me naked, simply because I was one of the few asians in my school. It didn't stop there, I'd frequently arrive to class with pictures of an asian boy meant to be me eating a cat drawn on my desk. Apparently if you're asian, you eat cats despite being born and raised in America.

I bet you're wondering what any of this has to do with you. Well I have no idea if you've ever been bullied, but for me the worst part wasn't that I was being picked on, it was the embarassment and helplessness that accompanied it. No matter how much you know you're right, the bullies have the numbers and nothing you say will matter. As time went on, I began to develop a physical response to the bullying where I withdrew into my own mind. You start to feel like you wanna cry, but stop yourself only because you know it could only make things 10x worse.

So while you and maybe others who judge the tribunal cases of thsoe I report may think that what someone did was not offensive, to me, I know it was verbal abuse. Do you know how? Because if I give up first blood and each person says one thing as simple as "..." "wtf man" "omg this [champion name]", it all shoots into the chat at once and it's like I'm surrounded by bullies and nothing I say will matter. I know this because despite the fact that I'm now 27 years old, I still get the same physical response I did 13 years ago. I know it is abusive because I start to withdraw into myself, simply from everyone yelling at me. And it's not as if it stops there, from then on I've been branded as the feeder and any future mistakes I make will illicit more complaining about me. I understand that there is a mute function, and I will come back to this.

I've been banned from the game twice before now, both 3 days suspensions. I fully believe I deserved those, because while I (almost) never said somethign to someone until they said something to me, I always reacted to being yelled at by yelling back, simply because it's the internet and it was the first time in my life that I had a chance to say something back without breaking down in tears. I'd curse back at them, tell them to go f themselves etc. After being banned the second time, it finally hit me that I was contributing to the problem, and since then I haven't been banned at all up until now(so for about 5-6 months). The reason I wasn't banned is because I stopped responding to them, I simply hit mute at the first sign of trouble, and reported them afterward.

I guess the problem with this is they may or may not have gone further with their words, I have no idea because I muted them. In my mind, it was better to report them either way because if they were innocent nothing was gonna happen to them. The alternative to this was to keep them unmuted and listen to all their abuse so that I make sure I don't report anyone innocent, which would just put me through the ringer and actually make me play worse because I'm so upset I can't focus on the game.

You mentioned that you're banning people who actively threaten people with reports. Let me give you a sample chat of what a typical game in my life consists of:

*I give up first blood*
Person1: sigh
Person2: ofc I alwasy get the feeders
me: Please stop harassing me or I will be forced to mute and report you resulting in less communication between us
Person1: LOL who did I abuse you **** moron
Person2: haha yea u do that see if I care reporting does nothing

If I go on to do worse that game, I can expect more complaining about me, and you're telling me that when I can't even focus because I'm so upset about having to listen to people tell me how bad I am, that that isn't abuse?

To be honest at this point I truly feel like no matter what I do, I'm the bad guy. As far as I can tell, this game is just not for me, so if this is how you're choosing to deal with customers, then you just lost one.

My dear you need therapy, and lots of it.

Thessalonike

08-22-2012

Quote:
Lyte:
These are not Tribunal bans. We've been doing a lot of experiments and analysis with false reporters and have found that many of them are contributing to negative experiences in the games they are in--these players tend to threaten players with reports, or threaten players to play their way or be reported. For example, the OP in this case has reported hundreds of players that were not actually toxic and in the process created toxic experiences for these players. The same OP has received reports in 19% of his games resulting in hundreds of reports filed against him and has been punished multiple times by the Tribunal.

We've reviewed these players with extremely high numbers of false reporting and decided to send out a temporary timeout to these players and warn them that this behavior is unacceptable and let them know that they have been creating a negative experience for other players.

Awesome!!!

Magpie Maydin

08-22-2012

Quote:
JammkuAtYoutube:
I phoned up a friend inside Riot. They told me they basically auto-banned accounts for a week that have been suspended two or more times, and that have X reports (Divided by) total games played since late 2011.

So if you've been suspended twice, and you report people, even if they are REAL reports, you were auto-banned.

Explains why I haven't been debunked yet.

I love how on the internet we can all say whatever we want and pretend people will believe it! Whatever helps you sleep at night.

AmbushIntheDark

08-22-2012

Quote:
Filthy Rabble:
So he almost was in trouble and you just decided it was time, even though a system is in place to handle that.?

yep.

Dont worry though, the Tribunal is working.

Liath

08-22-2012

Quote:
Lyte:
The e-mails sent to players that someone they reported was banned was a small experiment we ran to determine the impact of that kind of feedback. We have not fully built that feature yet, so players don't receive e-mails for every 'accurate' report.

I file most of my email from RIOT and any other game company in the 'circular' email folder. Maybe you could put that "Achievements" tab in our character profile to good use though, the game client is capable of hooking up to your web servers..

JammkuAtYoutube

08-22-2012

Quote:
Buk Wild:
Not true at all, I have been banned multiple times before but have been actively working on behaving better.

I wasn't banned by this system despite reporting toxic players when they pop up AND ALSO purposely sending in false reports to make sure people who are being threatened don't actually get punished (Describing what happened for the people in the Tribunal, "This player didn't intentionally feed, don't ban him for his play. If you deem his behavior in chat toxic then punish him for that but not his play" etc etc). Granted this doesn't pop up too often but regardless it would still result in a false report.

<---- not banned for false reporting

What this shows me is that you must be so totally off base with your reports to have been banned for this, and I mean TOTALLY off base.

The X reports over Y days is something around 8.25 reports per 10 games. If you make 8.25 reports for every 10 games, your account would be auto banned.

Katarìna

08-22-2012

Quote:
MrPattywagon:
You should look through some recent Riot posts. They are overhauling the Report options, removing some and consolidating others.

Oh yeah, AFTER a bunch of players that don't deserve it get banned. Of course, typical Riot. Fucking fail.