Account suspended for reporting too much? This is a new one...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

poliscilawguy

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randyblythe View Post
People do this every EVERY EVERY game.

Grow some balls.

I bet you'd report me for that if you could.
Simply saying grow some balls, while off putting and mean, is not something I would report for, but thank you for your assumption and adding so much to the conversation.

purellsanitizer

08-22-2012

It's funny because Riot has a option to report 'unskilled' players. I think that's a legitimate report....too bad 90% of the players in ranked deserves to be reported with this button. Once again Riot fails.

JasonReaper

08-22-2012

Regardless of why he reports or doesn't report, there is no reason to suspend him for this reason. Even if he reports every unskilled player he sees, it is a function in the game to be used at the discretion of each player. That discretion will vary from player to player depending on what he perceives as "reportable behavior". The fact Riot suspended him for using an in-game tool that they leave to the discretion is ludicrous in the fact that they should anticipate some players will report much more than others. To suspend someone because you think they are using your tool you left to them to use at their discretion is a contradiction of the tool itself. If you do not want it to be used, remove it completely. That is the message Riot is sending to their players by suspending someone who uses the tool. So overall, this is a giant hypocrisy on Riots part because plainly put, they are suspending someone for using a tool Riot created so the player could try to improve the game at their discretion. Because the player was "overzealous" for lack of a better term, they decided he should be suspended. Hypocrisy of Riot at its finest.

Chaldyth the Axe

08-22-2012

Lawl

About time they did this.

I report maybe 5-10 games.

Some people go on like they report everyone every game.

-

poliscilawguy

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonReaper View Post
Regardless of why he reports or doesn't report, there is no reason to suspend him for this reason. Even if he reports every unskilled player he sees, it is a function in the game to be used at the discretion of each player. That discretion will vary from player to player depending on what he perceives as "reportable behavior". The fact Riot suspended him for using an in-game tool that they leave to the discretion is ludicrous in the fact that they should anticipate some players will report much more than others. The suspend someone because you think they are using your tool you left to them to use at their discretion is a contradiction of the tool itself. If you do not want it to be used, remove it completely. That is the message Riot is sending to their players by suspending someone who uses the tool. So overall, this is a giant hypocrisy on Riots part because plainly put, they are suspending someone for using a tool Riot created so the player could try to improve the game. Because the player was "overzealous" for lack of a better term, they decided he should be suspended. Hypocrisy of Riot at its finest.
Thank you, this is very well stated. I have asked Riot for some evidence and I am still waiting for a response.

PrincessDerpy

08-22-2012

FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD

Give me some **** proof that that is what you were banned for, or get the **** out of here with your trolling self.

poliscilawguy

08-22-2012

My official warning was a 7 day suspension btw."Please note that this is a temporary suspension to serve as an official warning."

poliscilawguy

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerivalara View Post
FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD

Give me some **** proof that that is what you were banned for, or get the **** out of here with your trolling self.
"Dear Summoner,

Internal audits by staff members of Riot have revealed consistent abuse of the “Report A Player” feature by your account within League of Legends."

I'm still waiting for Riot to provide some proof.

Kanajos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2012

You were probably reported for negative attitude or harassing your team...

JasonReaper

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by poliscilawguy View Post
Thank you, this is very well stated. I have asked Riot for some evidence and I am still waiting for a response.
I can almost assure you that you will not get any evidence because it is such a controversial suspension. The fact of the matter is Riot looks like hypocrites because when it comes down to it, if you give someone a tool and say "go use this when you feel someone should be reported" you cannot come back later and say "you used it wrong so im punishing you" Obviously some reports will be false but most of them will be players thinking that their report is valid when it in fact is not. This is where it is up to the tribunal to do their job and decide if a suspension is warranted. But I believe you are a victim here. It is not your job to decide if the player is actually worthy of a suspension. All that is important is that you felt they took away from the positive nature of the gaming environment so you reported them.