Account suspended for reporting too much? This is a new one...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Adumbro Deus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2012

So question lyte, out of curiosity, what's my report record like?

Th3Dean

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2012

Hey Lyte, I feel as though my record is crystal clear, never been stained, polished daily, but I would like to know, am I on the naughty or nice list?

Ogaflow

08-22-2012

I have a question for Lyte if he is still reading this thread. When you say "false" reports.... does this mean any reports that go to a case that was deemed a pardon case including the split decision 51/49 or are we talking only the crazy false cases where it is 90/10?

If it is the 51/49 split I can see where people would be raising some concerns, considering some of the cases people have posted where players who were obviously toxic got pardoned, I would be hesitant to risk the time/money on my account for the possibility of removing trolls vs. just dealing with them and moving on quietly. Of course once trolls here this they will be more then happy to see me in a game with them since I won't risk reporting them.

If it is the 90/10 case though, please let me know so I can continue to do what I do and enjoy this game even in the event of a loss due to a troll, I really do enjoy helping remove toxic players from this game, since they all fail to realize how much of their precious time in this world is wasted on raising an accounts level to 30 just so they can toss it away later looking like a fool.

Catreina

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
How many players do you think you have reported?
I'll bite on this, seeing as my comments have yet to be answered

In the past 2 weeks or so, I have played probably 100-150 games

In those games, I have reported maybe 1-2 people every 10 games or so (might be a little more, I know I had only one game where I reported everyone for being verbally abusive)

That means I potentially reported maybe 30 people in the past 2 weeks.

Some of those reports were for people going afk, some were for people intentionally feeding (something like 0-16-2 in a 20 minute game), and some were for people being verbally abusive or having offensive language - saying the n word or constantly berating the enemy team because they were "winning"

I have never reported someone that did not, in my sole opinion, deserve some sort of punishment for their behavior - whether that be a warning or a temp ban.

So once again, as this is the fourth post I have made, how was I included in this "grouping" when I am not toxic in game (I was prior to my coming back, after having been gone for 5+ months iirc), and the only things I did that are even remotely linked to what has been said to be toxic was a response to 'n()*#@' with 'ignored, reported'

Slaughtercopter

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginationz View Post
if you think going 2-6 is acceptable, you're probably very good at this game, and probably an active participant in creating this "elo hell" environment.

You actually think feeding is acceptable then.
Saw GoSu Pepper go 0/4 on Nunu.

What a feeder, $40,000 winning feeder.

HashyAKAdave

08-22-2012

Quote:
Using a feature to abuse and harass other players and attempt to get decent players banned is the problem. Let's not get carried away here.
Lyte. I can't be certain but I think my past and current week ban are from "false reporting", but I don't falsely report...

I'll be honest, I used to be VERY toxic but I changed my ways and now I report people for EXACTLY what I used to get banned for, yet I'm falsely reporting?

I honestly doubt you can prove I deserve this "False reporting" suspension.

Seriously, give me ONE example of a false report I have sent.

Putzfrau

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacaesthesia View Post
I'm guessing you are just going to continue to ignore my post... sigh. I'm just going to get off for the night.

Riot is being very unprofessional at the moment, and I'm highly upset.

Riot hasn't responded to me personally even though lytes given a dozen other people the same information

It couldn't possibly be he doesn't have time to give everyone their stats.... No, no its that they are unprofessional and HATE YOU PERSONALLY.

TotalDisorder

Recruiter

08-22-2012

Quote:
Using a feature to abuse and harass other players and attempt to get decent players banned is the problem. Let's not get carried away here.

Once again you CANNOT harass other players with reports. If you can, then your system doesn't work and it should be scrapped.

Player A acts poorly, Player B says they will report them. Player A isn't being harassed.

Player A acts fine, Player B says they will report them, Player A has nothing to fear.

So where is the bullying?

AmbushIntheDark

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by slum6itch View Post
No, Tribunal is NOT designed to deal with this issue.

Tribunal's report weighting system is used to screen out reports from a player if they report anyone and everyone for anything (think "the boy who cried wolf"). This is to ensure that innocent people don't end up in Tribunal after getting reported five times in one day by different report spammers.

But Tribunal stops there. It defends the guy who gets "falsely" reported, but does nothing to punish the all-too-common "BG report my noob team" report abusers who flood the system with intentional feeding complaints.

What Lyte is saying is that until this point they've simply let them be, since Tribunal's aforementioned weighting system rendered them harmless. What's just happened is that Lyte and his crew checked the numbers and found evidence that the report abusers are not only flooding the system with worthless tickets, but that they have an overwhelmingly negative effect on the games that the report spam is generated from (which is almost all of them). This is ban worthy. Stop snitching.

TL;DR: The ****** requesting reports for his entire team, himself excluded, in /all; that guy is ignored by the system when he reports. But since you can't report someone for threatening to send a bull**** report, Lyte & Co. went and banned them manually.
Better not send them a warning first to tell them their behavior is unacceptable right? Because that would avoid this whole storm of angry players who randomly get hit with a 1 week ban

AtlaStar

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammkuAtYoutube View Post
A negative attitude is a negative attitude. I don't care if I get berated once for giving up first blood, or kill stealing from the carry, or whatever, but when a player WILL NOT stop harping on the subject they have a very negative attitude and shouldn't be berating their allies.

The vast majority of games have 2-3 people with negative attitudes.
Yeah, but who is to say that those were the reports that got you banned for a week...who is to say that somewhere along the lines you went along and reported a bunch of people who didn't deserve it, or used reports as a threat that made the situation worse...that is the point...Riot only banned the worst 1%...and you fell into that...for all you know you could have barely fallen into that category, so use it as a lesson to be more stringent in your reporting behavior