Account suspended for reporting too much? This is a new one...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zMajin

08-22-2012

The tears! They are delicious!

Epichuntarz

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
These are not Tribunal bans. We've been doing a lot of experiments and analysis with false reporters and have found that many of them are contributing to negative experiences in the games they are in--these players tend to threaten players with reports, or threaten players to play their way or be reported. For example, the OP in this case has reported hundreds of players that were not actually toxic and in the process created toxic experiences for these players. The same OP has received reports in 19% of his games resulting in hundreds of reports filed against him and has been punished multiple times by the Tribunal.

We've reviewed these players with extremely high numbers of false reporting and decided to send out a temporary timeout to these players and warn them that this behavior is unacceptable and let them know that they have been creating a negative experience for other players.
Lyte, if this is the cause of the mass bans that just went out today, you guys REALLY screwed the pooch on this one.

I've been warned ONCE, and I deserved it. I report people, and ask my team to report people, who genuinely deserve it.

If you don't want us using the report system who WE "perceive (Riot's words) to be toxic, then remove the system and replace it. If people abuse the system, remove their ability to report.

Otherwise, popping something like this on us with NO warning, for WEEK long ban is really absurd, insulting, and quite frankly, unprofessional.

I received this week long ban today, but DID NOT receive an e-mail stating this was the reason.

Chaldyth the Axe

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrowlyGuts View Post
You read what he wrote right? Where in there did he say this guy reported too many trolls so he is banned?
Ikr,

People got banned for a valid reason.

I have been threatened by dou q'ers SO many times that I will be reported for doing something or another.

This is cleaning up the system of false reports and I am ALL for it.

-

Keeping It Real

08-22-2012

I can't believe you just shot out one WEEK bans, and not like 24 hours or something minor. I've been banned for trash talking the hell out of people on my other account for only three days ( Deserved it) . I get a week ban for nothing at all, OK.

Laffarater

08-22-2012

Quote:
These are not Tribunal bans. We've been doing a lot of experiments and analysis with false reporters and have found that many of them are contributing to negative experiences in the games they are in--these players tend to threaten players with reports, or threaten players to play their way or be reported. For example, the OP in this case has reported hundreds of players that were not actually toxic and in the process created toxic experiences for these players. The same OP has received reports in 19% of his games resulting in hundreds of reports filed against him and has been punished multiple times by the Tribunal.

We've reviewed these players with extremely high numbers of false reporting and decided to send out a temporary timeout to these players and warn them that this behavior is unacceptable and let them know that they have been creating a negative experience for other players.
Lyte 2012
Lytekill?

The Golden 001

08-22-2012

Quote:

Owned. Hopefully now you will see the lyte.

DenerkaNerk

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaldyth the Axe View Post
Tribunal is working fine....

Only the toxic players are being affected.

We here to play and have a good time and be fairly mellow about it are doing Great!

-
You don't understand. The goal is this:

1.) Report toxic player
2.) Send toxic player to the Tribunal
3.) Tribunal bans toxic player
4.) Community is improved.

Now take out the first step. See where their entire plan falls apart?

TheUlf

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIphaOmega View Post
Theres nothing against the summoner policy if u accidently falsely report someone. Sometimes i forget the person name when i am reporting and click on everybody. Maybe thats the reason i got banned.
Bahahahahahaha xD

deathfrost13

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2012

get banned

Patroks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soderbergh View Post
'

This will only deter people from using the report system now. You should have sent out a warning first, rather than a 7 day ban. False reporting due to what people vote on the tribunal? That seems just like a bias to me.
Theres a clear difference between a false ban or two, aka reporting for something not bannable, and doing it as much as the op and for reasons such as threatening. If you use the report system correctly you should have nothing to fear.