The Displaced Timeline (Very Open RP)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Equiste

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Oblivion View Post
Tex shrugged.

"We are here because we were the ones assigned here. While here, we are to learn as much as we can about Runeterra and its inhabitants, to further the knowledge of the Collective. That includes our experiments with the Champions and our studies regarding love. In addition to learning, we have also been assigned to watch the Gatekeeper while he is here."

She nodded in agreement at the mention of Lex's actions being more of a hindrance, and let out a quiet chuckle at the mention of wanting to punch Xhalax in the face.

"I would not recommend that, Heartslight. She would not be very understanding of such an action, and would likely not accept 'You deserved it' as a reason for doing so."
"So you are here to gain further knowledge for the collective about this place? And what do you think and feel about that? Do you feel emotions so to speak or see them as something completely different to others?" She asked, trying to help herself understand them. She chuckled when Tex said she didn't recommend that course of action.
"No, that likely wouldn't be a good course of action and really wouldn't help the situation any. And as much as I feel she deserved it, does she? Or am I just biased? Or is everyone misreading the situation?" She asked, somewhat in a philosophical manner. Another risk, or possible risk depending on how Tex read that question. Would it be worth it, go against her or simply just be another conversation piece? Who could tell?

Bright Oblivion

02-23-2013

Tex shrugged.

"I think it is what we were assigned to do, and thus what we are doing. I feel emotions, yes, but there are times that learning what needs to be learned requires silencing those emotions."

She smiled slightly.

"That is difficult to answer, Heartslight. She has been a member of the Collected for longer than your mother has been alive, and has been alive and serving the Collective far longer than that. That does not mean that she is without fault, but..."

She let out a sigh.

"The current Gatekeeper has, in the past, threatened to destroy the Collective, and could potentially do so. Perhaps he would, and perhaps he would not. As you said, we barely understand you, and you barely understand us. This leads to misunderstandings and it is quite possible that this was another. But threats to the Collective are not taken well, and many likely thought she was not stern enough. She may deserve your irritation, but it could have been considerably worse as well."

Equiste

02-23-2013

"You think? So they might be keeping some details from you huh?" Her face went a bit more grim as she nodded at the second part. "Dulling or removing those emotions to get a job done. I know what thats like." She says, looking a bit sad before focusing back on what Tex was 'saying'. She chuckled when Tex said she wasn't without fault, but letting her finish completely before speaking.
"As my mother likes to say even the celestials screw up at times. And it could have been. Perhaps it was a direct threat that was decided not to be acted upon, or something said out of anger or malice or to warn not to do something. Perhaps you might ask 'why has she earned my irritation?' Perhaps she has done the best solution for both parties, but not the best solution over all. Missing pieces, incorrect information and mis-interpretation of importance. Understand that, and perhaps understand the reason to the threats, actions and elements of this whole thing. Motivations might be simpler or more complicated than we think." She said, hoping she wasn't confusing Tex. Heck, she hoped she wasn't confusing herself.

Bright Oblivion

02-23-2013

Tex shook her head.

"No, Heartslight. You asked what I thought about it. That is what I think about it."

She tilted her head to one side.

"I might. In fact, I will. Why has she irritated you? What piece of information did she miss, ignore, or get wrong? And have you spoken to him about his reasons behind these threats?"

Equiste

02-23-2013

"So you don't think they are holding any information back? And sorry, I should of realised thats what you meant." She said, before she set on a more serious expression.
"Well firstly she irrated me since she represented something bad that could possibly get my friends hurt or killed. Second was her talking into my head and freaking me out. I wasn't aware at the time its what you do so you see nothing wrong with it, so that was one as well. Past that becomes reasons why I am angry at her and want to punch her in the face, though she is probably more the 'representative' here and probably tried to appease both sides as much as possible. And I didn't say she did, I meant in reference to his other threats and his other interactions with your kind. And no, I haven't. Conversation about your kind rarely comes up." She said, wondering if she got the hidden message behind her last line.

Bright Oblivion

02-23-2013

Tex shrugged.

"Not that I know of."

She nodded.

"Even she cannot speak verbally, Heartslight. She did not warn you, though perhaps someone else should have before then. Your friends are not dead, or physically injured. So what makes you want to punch her in the face? They already have a life here. They could not return home, anyway, so forbidding them from doing so changed nothing. Did it not? Truth be told, Heartslight, without us, the Gatekeeper would not be alive, and his female would not be here, and would possibly be deceased as well. Of course it does not come up often. I imagine he only discusses it when he needs something or feels put upon by our decisions."

She let out a few slow breaths.

"I apologize, Heartslight, but, as I have already expressed, we are not on the best of terms. Perhaps the fact that he believes we should play so small a role in his life, only worth his attention when he needs something that generally puts us in danger or, at the very least, out of our way, is part of the problem."

Equiste

02-24-2013

Lucina simply waited for Tex to finish before she spoke, smiling sympathetically.
"Thats fine, you did mention that. And it didn't help that she showed up in our lounge without warning. And she did more than simply forbidding them to return home now didn't she? To be honest he doesn't discuss anything about your kind at all. Generally when he needs something he tries to do it all himself trying to only involve those absolutely necessary. And what reason would he have to talk about that stuff? It would be somewhat of a random conversation topic to turn to with what we normally talk about." She said sitting back on the chair.
"Well then what role are you meant to serve in his life? Why does he have to go to you for certain things? What generally puts your kind in danger? Help me understand..." She seemed to ask, as she stumbled for a direction where she could possibly help the both of them.

Youay

02-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverling View Post
Ethelyn smiled when Youay poked his head out again, and was sure to reply to his comment.

"I love you too, Youay."

Shortly after she finished brushing her hair, she heard a light tapping on the door. She set her brush aside and answered it to see her mother, and after exchanging a few words, she went over to the counter and scribbled out a note, leaving it in plain sight for him. She then went out the door with Zareen, not noticing her magic-ing a note on top of the one Ethelyn left. If Youay were to read them, they would say:

Have fun at work, Love.
I shouldn't be out too late
♥Ethelyn

Balder would like a chat with you,
Says you have something of his.
He apparently wants it back.
~Zareen
Youay got out of the shower a bit after Ethelyn left with her mother.He noticed that he didn't have a towel of his own there yet, so with a familiar chant he conjured a warm wind to dry himself off.He walked out after getting dressed and combing his hair.

"Hmm, I see she left. But it looks like she left me a note."

Youay walked over to the counter and read the notes. He nodded to himself with a smile and then walked over to the door putting his coat on.He opened the door and walked out and knew that Balder would find him a lot sooner than if Youay looked for him.

Bright Oblivion

02-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equiste View Post
Lucina simply waited for Tex to finish before she spoke, smiling sympathetically.
"Thats fine, you did mention that. And it didn't help that she showed up in our lounge without warning. And she did more than simply forbidding them to return home now didn't she? To be honest he doesn't discuss anything about your kind at all. Generally when he needs something he tries to do it all himself trying to only involve those absolutely necessary. And what reason would he have to talk about that stuff? It would be somewhat of a random conversation topic to turn to with what we normally talk about." She said sitting back on the chair.
"Well then what role are you meant to serve in his life? Why does he have to go to you for certain things? What generally puts your kind in danger? Help me understand..." She seemed to ask, as she stumbled for a direction where she could possibly help the both of them.
Tex tilted her head to one side.

"What do you mean by that? What more did she do? Forbidding them to contact anyone outside this world, and this Realm? What is out there that he might wish to communicate with? Some would suggest that we should serve no role at all with him, that we should ignore his requests and let him die on his own. Others would suggest we should monitor his every move. But there is a medium between our dictating his every move and him only seeking us out as a last resort, or never contacting us at all. We just have to find it."

She fidgeted in her seat.

"Those questions get close to asking us about how you can kill us completely, Heartslight, which we are expressly forbidden from answering. Doing so would risk going against the will of the Collective, and cause further danger to us."

Equiste

02-24-2013

Lucina waited calmly as Tex went through her process of question elimination, chuckling when she asked what was out there he might wish to communicate with.
"If you have to ask that, then you are missing some information that would make the answer obvious. Ignore his requests and let him die on his own? What exactly are you providing that he needs to survive he can't get here? And what do you define as a last resort? What are the considerations?" She looked confused when Tex says that those questions related to how they could kill them completely.
"Thats fine, when I said danger I didn't mean death, but if all you consider danger is permanant death then I won't ask. I'm just trying to make sense of it all, and if a question can't be answered because it will endanger you thats fine. I don't want that." She says, still trying to work her way through all this.