The Displaced Timeline (Very Open RP)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bright Oblivion

02-06-2013

Tex tilted her head to one side.

"You seemed reluctant to agree with that, and yet still said it was correct. What do you think? And what sorts of problems does polygamy come with?"

She nodded occasionally as Lucina talked about her relationship with Randal, considering questions as she listened. When Lucina had finished, Tex shrugged.

"Not particularly, but it may be best to proceed as though I did. Is it the social norm for the male to ask the female out first? Why? What sorts of things did you do to 'tease' him? How were they received? What is the generally accepted age range? Should the male be older than the female, or does that matter? How many dates did it take before you two took it further? I assume that, since you are no longer with him, something happened to 'break you up'?"

Grand Viper

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverling View Post
Silver's antennae twitched again and she gave the waiter a weak smile.

"Ah... I'm sorry, I did not know that... I will keep that in mind the next time I need to summon you."

She then turned and stepped out a ways, rubbing her temples with her knuckles a bit, mumbling to herself as she did.

"Ooohh I'm so going to regret this..."

Silver looked up toward the sky, her eyes glinting a silvery color as she spoke, her words containing a twinge of power.

"Citrine... I need your help."

There was a rather still and eerie silence for several moments, and then there was a rather sudden, yet controlled explosion not too far away from her. She was quick to cover her eyes and face from any sort of debris, however, there was none, but in its place was a small, smoldering crater, and the curled up form of a certain entity that was wrapped tightly in his glittering cloak. Citrine started to uncurl from his protective little ball, however, as soon as one of his feet touched the ground, there was a faint sizzling noise, and he was suddenly up and out of the crater within seconds and holding his now burning skeletal foot.

"Ow! Ow!! Hot! That's still Hot!"

Followed by that were some probable ancient profanity as well as muttering about how the skin on his feet had just barely started to regrow from the last time this happened. Silver simply stared at him for several seconds before covering her face with her hand. She felt oh so much comfort consulting this several billion year old entity for certain information.

-----

Balder rolled his eyes at Lily's threat.

"It was a precaution. Don't think I didn't see you flitting around in the shadows just now...."

The dagger on the wall would suddenly have several inky tendrils wrap around it and fade, then they would see it reappear in the retired thief's hand.

"Y'know, seeing as I have experience in that and all. Generally people who aren't up to something suspicious don't go sneaking around the place. "

He then shrugged, the dagger disappearing into an unknown location. He then placed a hand on the young boy's head and ruffled his hair before continuing.

"And honestly, if I wanted to kill him, he would be dead, and I'm pretty sure the both of you can clearly see that. Either way, sorry for being a tad paranoid and wanting to protect my children."

He then stood up, returning the bow to Vince and somewhat ignoring the fact that the young boy, Joshua, was starting to crawl up his back.

"Ah yes, I remember you. I had to go retrieve my other daughter for you then as well... Balder Felder, though I believe you already know that."
The waiter only had one thing to say at the display. "Would you like a towel, sir, to help extinguish the flames and moisten your skin?"

--------------------------------------

Before Lily could say anymore, Vince tucked her into his pocket. "Well at least we're not on shoot me on sight ground anymore." He looked about and decided to ask pointedly, "Can I see you outside? I need to talk to you about some context sensitive issues. About Ethelyn."

Equiste

02-06-2013

Lucina shrugged. "Its true from a generalised standpoint and is probably the best way of putting it. Friendship means different things to people though. And for most people their friends are one of the most important aspect of their lives, which they are for mine. As for some of the issues with polygamy, you can have issues with the spouses as the one might give attention to one more than the other, making the other jealous and more demanding wanting more time, then you have people who can be posessive who went with it to please their lover but then goes to extremes about it. And the one with the many has to keep them all satisfied, and they might feel guilty they are not giving enough attention to one over the other. And I think they are others, but those are the main ones I believe."

She listened to Tex's questions, going through them in her head before she spoke a smile still over her face.
"Mmm, well it won't take me long to clarify what I meant. Some people see *** as a big part of their relationship and as a physical show of their affection and not getting it might make them think the other person doesn't like them so much. I'm towards that category, but my experience has told me thats a silly thought and the relationship is more important than something silly like that. Mmm, yes. I believe it stems from the 'men are protectors' type thing and with a lot of animals its usually the male who appeals to the female to take them as a mate. The guy asking first might be our way of representing that these days. And as well as the custom it... Feels good for the female to have someone they like come up and present themselves. Its not uncommon or frowned upon for the girl to ask the guy out, but generally the male is the one to take the first step. To tease him I did stuff like bend at an angle to show my chest off a bit more to them, got close enough to kiss him then just pulled away, pulling very close with the front part of my body to his before pulling away, mentioned sexual innuendo... And he seemed to like it, but was nervous about it. He was a bit shy when it came to thinking of *** and stuff. Generally the socially acceptable age gap depends on how old someone gets, but about 5 years is ok for most age ranges. Though there has been a popular trend to say 'half age add seven'. Well, considering the person is at least 16. And usually who is older isn't that much of an issue. For him since he was shy with *** and wanted 'to be sure he was in love' it took about twenty dates over two months. And yeah, the relationship lasted about a year before our lives got in the way. He had been working his way up through the company and a job opportunity was offered in Ionia that was his dream job. I loved my job where I was and didn't want to move. We didn't want a long distance relationship. He actually thought of turning it down to stay here with me, but I knew how happy he would be there. Sometimes the best we can do with someone we love is let them go. And our last night together he was... very passionate. We're still friends to this day, but he is usually busy so he doesn't write much. So yeah, definately one of my better relationships." She smiled towards Tex, waiting for her next set of questions.

Bright Oblivion

02-06-2013

Tex nodded slowly.

"I assume the male feels at least slightly good when the female says yes, even though it is more terrifying for him to put himself out there. And I imagine the teasing built anticipation for the act itself, when it finally occurred. Is there anything wrong with wanting to wait until you are sure before making that step? How do you choose when to put the interests of your partner above your own, or even those of the relationship? Is it common for the path of a good relationship to move from friends, to something more, and, if it ends, back to being friends?"

She tilted her head to one side.

"What about one of your worse relationships? How did it progress? How many bad relationships would you say you have had, compared to your better ones?"

Equiste

02-06-2013

Lucina smiles. "At the very least. And indeed it does. No, there is nothing wrong with wanting to wait before making that step. Some relationships have even gone without se.x at all. Some only decide to have se.x for children rather than for enjoyment alone. Putting the interests of your partner above your own... Well its tricky to know when. All I know for sure is I wanted him to be as happy as he could be, and with what was there... it wasn't going to be with me. And I guess you could say that... Most of the time you start out as friends and date, and hopefully becomes something more from that. Sometimes you go from a date to being friends to something more. And it depends how a relationship ends. There are bad break ups as well as good ones." She said, going through her answers as she said them and hoping they worked right.

She took her time to consider her next list of questions before speaking.
"Five bad ones out of the nine I have had. Though I will say most of my worse relationships were when I was younger and less experienced. Admitantly one can still find their good relationship on their first try, but they generally don't have a lot of experience to talk about apart from their one. Mmm, and how far down on the spectrum of worse do we want to start? One of my less happy relationships or my worst?"

Bright Oblivion

02-06-2013

Tex considered the answer she had been given.

"So love is about putting the other person ahead of yourself, in any of the three forms? How would you describe a bad break-up, as opposed to a good one?"

She was silent for a few moments as she pondered where on the spectrum of bad relationships she wanted to ask about.

"Not the worst. Not yet, at least. One of your less than happy ones, I think."

Silverling

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youay View Post
Youay nodded and hugged her gently.

"Well, was there anything you would like to do my future bride?"

He kissed her forehead with a smile and cuddled her close.

"Also if there was anything you wanted to do for the honeymoon, just let me know."
Ethelyn smiled when Youay kissed her forehead, she tightened her hold on him slightly.

"Mmh... I do have something in mind..."

She then blushed a bit more as she answered his next question.

"Anything... For the.... Uhm... Ah... Aside from... The... The obvious?"

She let out another quiet squeak and buried her head on his shoulder from embarrassment

----

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Viper View Post
The waiter only had one thing to say at the display. "Would you like a towel, sir, to help extinguish the flames and moisten your skin?"
After a few more ancient swears, Citrine composed himself and cleared his throat before replying to the waiter.

"No, no... I'm good. Besides, its best to quickly address the issue at hand before... Well..."

He glanced around for a moment, then stepped towards Silver and placed his hands on her shoulders.

"Quick, quick! Tell me what you need!"

She eyed him for a moment, giving the entity a strange look.

"... Before... What, Citrine?"

Citrine visibly fidgeted and he nervously clasped his hands together. Before he could answer her, a rather calm voice filled the air.

"Before I arrive, probably. I think he thought he could outrun me by shooting through the atmosphere instead of gracefully materializing like normal."

Behind Citrine stood another cloaked figure, though unlike the golden entity in front of Silver, this one's eyes and cloak were a deep blue. The very being's presence, however, seemed to fill the area with a calmness, causing even this desolate landscape to seem serene. Silver gained a rather confused look on her face and eyed the other entity.

"....... Urrrhh...... Azure? What are you doing here?"

Azure shrugged before speaking.

"The higher ups decided to review our behavior after Achromatic's little... Incident. It seems that they found Citrine to have some interesting records on hand and requested that he be followed for a year or two to keep him in check. I volunteered for the job."

He then bowed slightly, though that action seemed to be more directed toward the waiter than anyone else in the area currently.

"So here I am to make sure he doesn't get in trouble, and to step in when I feel it necessary... I do have the proper paperwork as well if you wish to see it, but otherwise you're welcome to pretend that I don't exist."

----

Quote:
Before Lily could say anymore, Vince tucked her into his pocket. "Well at least we're not on shoot me on sight ground anymore." He looked about and decided to ask pointedly, "Can I see you outside? I need to talk to you about some context sensitive issues. About Ethelyn."
Balder raised one eyebrow at Vince, then leaned slightly to one side as Joshua continued to try and climb up his back. A slight smile appeared on his face before he replied to him.

"Excuse me for a moment... I have a little monkey to deal with."

He reached one arm behind his back and with one swift movement, he grabbed the little boy by his leg and pulled him out behind him and held him upside down in front of himself, causing a sound of alarm from the five year old, which was then closely followed by a fit of giggling. Joshua then glanced over at Vince before covering his face and peering out with is green eye between his fingers. Balder continued to smile calmly as he carefully brought his other arm under his son and lifted him up to where he could hold him properly. He then took Joshua over to his sister and set him down before putting his arms around both of them, quietly speaking to the twins.

"You two stay in here and play for a bit, daddy needs to talk to this nice man right now. You must stay in this room, and don't think I won't notice you leaving either."

The two nodded and he released them and turned to the door, gesturing for Vince to go out. As they left, they would be able to hear the chatter from the two five year olds.

"He's got a lady in his hand!"

"What?? Nuh uuhh! You're lying!"

"Am not! I saw her with my own eyes!"

Youay

02-07-2013

Youay smiled softly and held her close.

"No need to be embarrassed, its just the two of us here."

He stroked her hair gently and kissed the top of her head.

"Here, I will let you think on what you wanna do on our honeymoon. In the mean time, what did you wanna do now my dearest."

Grand Viper

02-07-2013

The waiter stared at Azure. He gave him a quick bow and asked, "Would you like anything, Sir Azure, while you stay on this planet?"

----------------------------------------------------

Vince laughed and waved at the kids before leading Balder out of the room. The moment they were alone, he looked over at Balder. "Straight to the point: Ethelyn is in danger of freeing an angelic being that was imprisoned which may harm her, I need to speak with your family's sword because it could be a part of a long winded plot to get intertwine your family with your wife's in order to create the eprfect storm of circumstances for his freedom, and your son is able to see my dead wife's soul who is imprisoned in a fragment of the Underworld meaning he is going to tap into some really powerful and wild magic."

Vince smiled at Balder, trying to relax the mood. "Is that succinct enough or should I be dramatic and speak of eons ago, in a time before time existed?"

Silverling

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youay View Post
Youay smiled softly and held her close.

"No need to be embarrassed, its just the two of us here."

He stroked her hair gently and kissed the top of her head.

"Here, I will let you think on what you wanna do on our honeymoon. In the mean time, what did you wanna do now my dearest."
Ethelyn muttered something incoherent before turning her head to look up at Youay. She smiled, still blushing from before, pushed herself up a bit and gently ran one hand through his hair. She then gently kissed him a bit and rested her forehead against his.

---------

Quote:
The waiter stared at Azure. He gave him a quick bow and asked, "Would you like anything, Sir Azure, while you stay on this planet?"
Azure shook his head at the waiter's offer and seemed to lean against something that wasn't even there.

"No, I'm fine for now. I'm simply here to observe."

Silver glanced between the two entities and looked towards Citrine questioningly, who simply rubbed the back of his neck in response.

"Urhm... Yeah... Anyways, you needed help?"

She continued to eye Azure for a moment as she replied to him.

"Yyyeeeessss... There's been a bit of an interesting turn of events here... I... I need some insight."

Citrine stiffened at her request, and even Azure looked somewhat surprised. The two entities exchanged a few looks before he replied to her.

"You realize what you're asking for, right? And how stupid of a request that is? Because that's stupid, Silver."

He looked over at the waiter, a slight pleading look in his eyes.

"Seriously, tell her how stupid that is.... Because its really, really stupid."

Azure decided to add his own input to the conversation.

"Though technically not against the rules."

Citrine covered his face with one bony hand.

"No, its not, but its still really friggin stupid."

---------

Quote:
Vince laughed and waved at the kids before leading Balder out of the room. The moment they were alone, he looked over at Balder. "Straight to the point: Ethelyn is in danger of freeing an angelic being that was imprisoned which may harm her, I need to speak with your family's sword because it could be a part of a long winded plot to get intertwine your family with your wife's in order to create the eprfect storm of circumstances for his freedom, and your son is able to see my dead wife's soul who is imprisoned in a fragment of the Underworld meaning he is going to tap into some really powerful and wild magic."

Vince smiled at Balder, trying to relax the mood. "Is that succinct enough or should I be dramatic and speak of eons ago, in a time before time existed?"
Balder simply stared at Vince for several moments before jerking his thumb back to where the twins were located.

".... What? You mean Joshua? Yeah, he get truesight in his left eye if he covers his right. Kamala has it too but he has to cover her left eye. Its a bit weird but you get used to it."

He then cleared his throat and crossed his arms in front of himself.

"Anyways, I'd love to arrange some kind of fancy meeting with Aranoth for you, but there's one problem I don't think you considered: I don't have the sword. He's being wielded by my daughter, Aydin."

He shrugged his shoulders slightly before continuing.

"And even then I'm not even sure if he would know much on the subject. The last time I asked him about himself, he claimed to only have recollection from around the time he was stolen."