The Displaced Timeline (Very Open RP)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bright Oblivion

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equiste View Post
Lucina nods, preparing for the questions that were to come. She wasn't quite expecting the torrent of questions that came in frantic succession, but was ready for something of this sort. The answer to the first question fortunately for her came somewhat easy.
"Happily from the result of being in love. Being 'happy' is not exactly a pre-requisite, however at least in human and yordle society it is easier for someone with a sense of happiness in themself to find one in others. Negative thoughts can often slow down the process but it is possible for someone to fall in love and be in love without being happy. Of course this is considering optimim outcome of both people loving each other. There are variances, but my 'overabundant happiness' comes from being in love and having that love returned." She said, a bit surprised about how many words she used there. She thought for a moment, considering something before she asked a question.
"Would you like me to complete the current list of questions or did you want to ask further on that point? If its the former I may need to write down the other questions so I remember them later." She said, wondering how she would want to handle this.
The gremlin nodded, processing Lucina's answer, and considered her question.

"I do not have anything else I need to ask on that point, except perhaps whether or not making the person you love happy is supposed to make you happy as well, or what you mean by 'happiness in themself'. And if you need to write down the questions, it is perfectly fine."

Equiste

02-01-2013

"It can. It won't always will, but that is a very rare occurance. Generally making my Lucas happy makes me happy as well. As for happiness in yourself, well thats hard to explain. Generally a person who is able to see the happier things in life will find it easier to see happy things they like in someone else. So to speak... ... Perhaps reapproach that question later." She said, frowning at that last part as she wasn't sure she represented that correctly. She thought back to her other questions before going about answering them.
"Knowing you are in love... That one a lot of people are trying to figure out for themselves. The feelings you feel for someone might not start out as love straight away. It might start out as an attraction, liking the way someone looks or how they have acted then investigating further through dates or simply meeting up with them and experiencing stuff with them. For me most of the time its... A feeling you want to be with them. Sometimes its like you know no matter whats happening, being with them makes it feel better. Sometimes your body might react in their pressence, like a quickening heartbeat or just this wanting to be near them, sometimes causing you to subconciously move to them. It has similiar feelings to friendship, but more intense. Mmm, and if I keep going I might run into other topics so... Right, the next one..." She thought for a bit before speaking on that one.
"How a female in love is supposed to do and act... Honestly thats very dependant on the person. Speaking in a bit of a traditional sense, considering men in our society were often the protectors and hunters while females were generally child rearers gatherers and the like, no wait thats more gender roles... To be honest its easier to show rather than explain. Hmmm, a bit of a quick one is that the female will often seek closeness to the partner, enjoying having herself with her being right close often with an arm around him or her or both, personally I like both, being interested in them and what they have done to which they are usually that back depending, seeking to merge their activities. And at other times they seek to enjoy the company of their love and then move on to the next activity. A saying we have is 'absence makes the heart grow fonder', meaning some time apart makes the lovers want to enjoy the time they have together more."
She took a time to pause and think on the next question. Probably best to take the questions as they came.
"Well for the most part the couples generally tend to spend more time together, enjoying physical acts of affection from time to time. To what length depends on how close the couple is and what is happening around them. For example in their own place they might enjoy some more carnal pleasures while outdoors they might stick to kissing and hugging. Its more societal than anything else. To go further into that will probably require some talk outside the topic of love as well as inside it. Couples also like to date from time to time. A date is an activity you spend together with your partner, often something like having dinner out somewhere or spending time by a lake. An activity you both can enjoy together. Sometimes there are double dates where two couples spend time out together. Mmm... So... next set of questions and clarification questions on answers I have already spoken about?"

Miss Soraka

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AODRG View Post
Sam nodded, taking in Soraka's tips.

"Alright let me see if I can get it this time," Sam held her hand out and created an orb quickly behind Soraka. She then tried her best to move it around, bringing it above the starchild's head and swinging it in a circle.

"Oh, wait I didn't mean to do that," Sam remarked, "Hold on."
((Sorry about the delay!))

Soraka instinctively ducked out of the way of the flying orb, then slowly straightened up, chuckling as she did.

"Well, that was an improvement from the last time, that's for sure."

AODRG

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Soraka View Post
((Sorry about the delay!))

Soraka instinctively ducked out of the way of the flying orb, then slowly straightened up, chuckling as she did.

"Well, that was an improvement from the last time, that's for sure."
"Alright let's try this again."

Sam took a deep breath, being sure to concentrate on the energy. She held out her hand and formed an orb above Soraka's head. She slowly moved it around in front of her, before bringing it close to herself.

"Alright, I think I got it," Sam replied, sending the orb back.

Bright Oblivion

02-02-2013

Quote:
"It can. It won't always will, but that is a very rare occurance. Generally making my Lucas happy makes me happy as well. As for happiness in yourself, well thats hard to explain. Generally a person who is able to see the happier things in life will find it easier to see happy things they like in someone else. So to speak... ... Perhaps reapproach that question later." She said, frowning at that last part as she wasn't sure she represented that correctly. She thought back to her other questions before going about answering them.
"Knowing you are in love... That one a lot of people are trying to figure out for themselves. The feelings you feel for someone might not start out as love straight away. It might start out as an attraction, liking the way someone looks or how they have acted then investigating further through dates or simply meeting up with them and experiencing stuff with them. For me most of the time its... A feeling you want to be with them. Sometimes its like you know no matter whats happening, being with them makes it feel better. Sometimes your body might react in their pressence, like a quickening heartbeat or just this wanting to be near them, sometimes causing you to subconciously move to them. It has similiar feelings to friendship, but more intense. Mmm, and if I keep going I might run into other topics so... Right, the next one..." She thought for a bit before speaking on that one.
"How a female in love is supposed to do and act... Honestly thats very dependant on the person. Speaking in a bit of a traditional sense, considering men in our society were often the protectors and hunters while females were generally child rearers gatherers and the like, no wait thats more gender roles... To be honest its easier to show rather than explain. Hmmm, a bit of a quick one is that the female will often seek closeness to the partner, enjoying having herself with her being right close often with an arm around him or her or both, personally I like both, being interested in them and what they have done to which they are usually that back depending, seeking to merge their activities. And at other times they seek to enjoy the company of their love and then move on to the next activity. A saying we have is 'absence makes the heart grow fonder', meaning some time apart makes the lovers want to enjoy the time they have together more."
She took a time to pause and think on the next question. Probably best to take the questions as they came.
"Well for the most part the couples generally tend to spend more time together, enjoying physical acts of affection from time to time. To what length depends on how close the couple is and what is happening around them. For example in their own place they might enjoy some more carnal pleasures while outdoors they might stick to kissing and hugging. Its more societal than anything else. To go further into that will probably require some talk outside the topic of love as well as inside it. Couples also like to date from time to time. A date is an activity you spend together with your partner, often something like having dinner out somewhere or spending time by a lake. An activity you both can enjoy together. Sometimes there are double dates where two couples spend time out together. Mmm... So... next set of questions and clarification questions on answers I have already spoken about?"
Tex nodded.

"Heartslight, what we tend to do involves a lot of pain, and considerable suffering. Knowing this, should I still want him near me, even though it would likely mean suffering the same thing I am suffering? Will knowing he is there make things better?"

At the mention of gender roles, Tex tilted her head to one side.

"Men are supposed to be protectors? Child-rearing? Heartslight, none of this resembles anything 'gremlin.' The Collected often hold to the claim that female gremlins are different from male gremlins in appearance and anatomical makeup, but alike in all other respects, unless there is an experience that specifically requires a female. There are not very many of those."

Her tone became more curious.

"And how does one know if another is in love with them, or encourage them to be in love? Why do they refer to it as falling in love? What dating experiences would you recommend? How important are these 'carnal pleasures' to love?"

Silverling

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youay View Post
True
Youay nodded and hugged her close.

"Sounds like we can agree on that. Probably just friends and family. I know a few people that are handy in the kitchen that can handle the reception. And your dress sounds like it is gonna be handled by Lily.....I suppose I have to get a suit huh?"
Ethelyn nodded in response to Youay.

"A suit would be a good idea... Unless you were planning on wearing your doctor's coat at your own wedding..."

She kissed his cheek before continuing.

"Which really I wouldn't mind if I weren't going to get a dress... Mmh... That reminds me..."

A slight smirk appeared on her face for a moment.

"I should probably tell my sister to think about getting a dress as well... Though I don't think that conversation will go over very well."

Equiste

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Oblivion View Post
Tex nodded.

"Heartslight, what we tend to do involves a lot of pain, and considerable suffering. Knowing this, should I still want him near me, even though it would likely mean suffering the same thing I am suffering? Will knowing he is there make things better?"

At the mention of gender roles, Tex tilted her head to one side.

"Men are supposed to be protectors? Child-rearing? Heartslight, none of this resembles anything 'gremlin.' The Collected often hold to the claim that female gremlins are different from male gremlins in appearance and anatomical makeup, but alike in all other respects, unless there is an experience that specifically requires a female. There are not very many of those."

Her tone became more curious.

"And how does one know if another is in love with them, or encourage them to be in love? Why do they refer to it as falling in love? What dating experiences would you recommend? How important are these 'carnal pleasures' to love?"
Lucina thought about the question for a bit before she answered.
"I'm not sure what you mean by 'suffers the same thing I am suffering'. Do you feel what another can feel when you are close or are you talking about watching the other suffer? Humans try to avoid sufferering but know that it is often impossible to do so. Knowing your friends and your lover support you through this suffering can make it better. Often we try to shield the ones we love from suffering, as they might also try to do the same. Knowing that he is there to help and support you through the trials you go through, that you are willing to do the same for them. You usually don't want to see your loved one suffer, but I'm not sure how your lives work so its probably going to be difficult to translate over. In my experience I found that knowing my lover is there for me has made some of my other experiences more bearable and given the strength to do something I might not be able to do. I would die to save my Lucas if it came down to that. But I know that he would want me to live as much as I would want him to so I'd do everything in my power to make that happen. Our love can push us to extraordinary feats because of it." She said with a wide smile, before nodding at her next point.
"I see. Well for humans our gender does play a role in our survival as we need a male and female to reproduce. However we also have through our time found we are alike in many aspects. However I was giving a little context to some of my answers. It can be just as likely the other way around today, but we still look at the general stereotypes of the past. And generally only females look good in a dress." She said, striking a sort of pose and giving her a wink before thinking on the next question.
"Often one doesn't know if the other is in love. In fact, some love opportunities are missed when two people like each other enough to fall in love, but aren't sure about the other person so they miss the opportunity. Encouraging them to be in love... Well thats generally where dating and keeping company with each other comes into it. By experiencing more with the other person, learning their personality and how they are, finding them physically attractive or being attracted to themselves... Taking a chance and telling someone you are in love with them and hoping they return your affection... The heartbreak if they don't, embarassment for pouring your heart and then to be refused... Closeness, doing things with them. There is certainly a lot involved in the process at times." She had refrained from chuckling when Tex asked the question, but chuckled a bit before she answered.
"Because the feeling can be literally like falling." She smiled, recalling when she fell in love with Lucas.
"Your making your way along when suddenly someone comes along. You aren't sure at first so you explore, but then suddenly you feel something you can't control and before you know it you feel drawn to them, and just like that you've hit the ground and fallen in love. It can happen in many and multiple different ways but yeah... Also can be from a popular thing in plays and stuff when someone sees another they are to fall in love with they can 'faint' or feel faint and fall. Though I have seen one of my friends actually do that... Luckily I caught her or she would of been so embarrassed she would of never asked the guy out." She said with a chuckle.
"Mmm, well I generally have found going out to eat somewhere in a restaurant, seeing a play you both might like or possibly both dislike and can discuss in detail afterwards, or even just some quiet time alone perhaps in nature or something else relaxing. A safe lake, a relaxing place in the city, stuff like that." She chuckles at the last question, taking a bit of time before she answers.
"Honestly, it is possible to get by without them. Simply the closeness and the companionship can be enough. If I had to choose between carnal pleasures and Lucas, I would go for Lucas every time. However for me these carnal pleasures enhance my experiences with him. It can be seen as an expression of our love. We restrict our carnal pleasures for only with each other. Depending on the relationship this could be of utmost importance or more open. If you here the term 'open relationship' it can refer to one where the partners allow each other to have s.ex with others. But oh when you are with the one you love those pleasures can make you feel so good. Oh so very good..." She said, a dreamy expression on her face as she thought about that.

Bright Oblivion

02-03-2013

Quote:
Lucina thought about the question for a bit before she answered.
"I'm not sure what you mean by 'suffers the same thing I am suffering'. Do you feel what another can feel when you are close or are you talking about watching the other suffer? Humans try to avoid sufferering but know that it is often impossible to do so. Knowing your friends and your lover support you through this suffering can make it better. Often we try to shield the ones we love from suffering, as they might also try to do the same. Knowing that he is there to help and support you through the trials you go through, that you are willing to do the same for them. You usually don't want to see your loved one suffer, but I'm not sure how your lives work so its probably going to be difficult to translate over. In my experience I found that knowing my lover is there for me has made some of my other experiences more bearable and given the strength to do something I might not be able to do. I would die to save my Lucas if it came down to that. But I know that he would want me to live as much as I would want him to so I'd do everything in my power to make that happen. Our love can push us to extraordinary feats because of it." She said with a wide smile, before nodding at her next point.
"I see. Well for humans our gender does play a role in our survival as we need a male and female to reproduce. However we also have through our time found we are alike in many aspects. However I was giving a little context to some of my answers. It can be just as likely the other way around today, but we still look at the general stereotypes of the past. And generally only females look good in a dress." She said, striking a sort of pose and giving her a wink before thinking on the next question.
"Often one doesn't know if the other is in love. In fact, some love opportunities are missed when two people like each other enough to fall in love, but aren't sure about the other person so they miss the opportunity. Encouraging them to be in love... Well thats generally where dating and keeping company with each other comes into it. By experiencing more with the other person, learning their personality and how they are, finding them physically attractive or being attracted to themselves... Taking a chance and telling someone you are in love with them and hoping they return your affection... The heartbreak if they don't, embarassment for pouring your heart and then to be refused... Closeness, doing things with them. There is certainly a lot involved in the process at times." She had refrained from chuckling when Tex asked the question, but chuckled a bit before she answered.
"Because the feeling can be literally like falling." She smiled, recalling when she fell in love with Lucas.
"Your making your way along when suddenly someone comes along. You aren't sure at first so you explore, but then suddenly you feel something you can't control and before you know it you feel drawn to them, and just like that you've hit the ground and fallen in love. It can happen in many and multiple different ways but yeah... Also can be from a popular thing in plays and stuff when someone sees another they are to fall in love with they can 'faint' or feel faint and fall. Though I have seen one of my friends actually do that... Luckily I caught her or she would of been so embarrassed she would of never asked the guy out." She said with a chuckle.
"Mmm, well I generally have found going out to eat somewhere in a restaurant, seeing a play you both might like or possibly both dislike and can discuss in detail afterwards, or even just some quiet time alone perhaps in nature or something else relaxing. A safe lake, a relaxing place in the city, stuff like that." She chuckles at the last question, taking a bit of time before she answers.
"Honestly, it is possible to get by without them. Simply the closeness and the companionship can be enough. If I had to choose between carnal pleasures and Lucas, I would go for Lucas every time. However for me these carnal pleasures enhance my experiences with him. It can be seen as an expression of our love. We restrict our carnal pleasures for only with each other. Depending on the relationship this could be of utmost importance or more open. If you here the term 'open relationship' it can refer to one where the partners allow each other to have s.ex with others. But oh when you are with the one you love those pleasures can make you feel so good. Oh so very good..." She said, a dreamy expression on her face as she thought about that.
Tex shook her head.

"What we do often involves pain, Heartslight. That is simply how things have developed, how they are. If he is near me, he will literally be suffering whatever I am, more likely than not. But if love frequently leads to not wanting the person you are in love with to be harmed, or the person being near you causes them to suffer as well, how can these things be reconciled? Is love worthwhile, or will it more likely hinder us in what we are trying to do?"

The gremlin seemed perturbed by this line of thought, as though she were uncertain which to put first between this thing called love, and any experiences it might offer, and the way things generally worked for the gremlins. At the next explanation, Tex tilted her head to one side.

"Heartslight, I have found that both genders look about the same when they are completely covered by a hooded robe. And we have other means of keeping our numbers up than s.exual reproduction."

She smiled slightly.

"However, I am certainly grateful that very few men attempt to wear those outfits that the summoners appear to find attractive when choosing outfits for the female Champions. Such things are...painful to the eyes."

As the explanation continued, Tex nodded.

"We will see what will happen, regarding falling in love and staying in love. Either way, it is a new experience. What I do know is that just because the Collected have ordained that we should investigate love does not necessarily mean that we will succeed. If we do succeed, there is no telling how it will affect what we do."

She nodded.

"Perhaps we will eventually experiment with that as well. However, some of its purpose may be lost due to it not being as necessary for the continued survival of our race. But, as with almost everything of late, we will have to see what we see."

Equiste

02-03-2013

Lucina raises an eyebrow when she says what they do often involves pain. Her eyes widen a bit when she says he would be literally suffering the same thing if he was close while she was suffering. It wasn't her... 'purpose'? To ask why though. She didn't take too long to answer her question.
"Well you are not suffering all the time are you not? And a love strong enough will hold through suffering. For that last question though, that would require me knowing what you are trying to do." Noticing how Tex looked preturbed she tried to think of something she could say to help her, but waited until she was finished speaking about the lack of sight of someone in a hooded robe and the sexual reproduction.
"So do some humans depending on the robes. But that can just make someone want to see what is under them even more. And humans bodies tend to enjoy the act of se.x. Is it the same for yours?" She asked, morely as a question to highlight the previous one about carnal pleasures. She shrugged about her talking about what she will do about love.
"Love is not always the easiest thing to find, and you might have a more difficult job with your social structure than it would be for a human. And even then it can take years to explore the results. You could be at it for a while." She smiled to Tex. "Well to be honest, we don't need it to keep up our numbers now so the main purpose for it may be lost to us as well. The past does tend to build on the future." She sits back, waiting to see if there were more questions. If this one was thorough enough, she should have some more.

Bright Oblivion

02-03-2013

Tex nodded as Lucina answered her question, then decided to clarify it.

"To learn, Heartslight. Our purpose as a race, for more than two thousand years, has been to learn. To experience as much as we can experience, and pass this knowledge on to the other members of our race, who are attempting to do the same. The unfortunate truth is that the sum of experiences seem to lean much further toward pain, and that which is painful, than to pleasure, and that which is pleasurable. The very means of transferring knowledge and experiences seem to go against the wishes of one who loves another, as, with how procedure currently is, it involves temporary death. But, if life and experiences are pain, or result in an abundance of it, perhaps having someone one cares about might make life more...acceptable. Or it might dull the results we discover. Is it worth the risk, though?"

She shrugged.

"I do not know. It may have been practiced at some point, but that has not been the case in a very long time. While most experiences have been remembered, this one appears to have been forgotten, or hidden away. Perhaps it is enjoyable, and perhaps it is not. Our bodies experience many of the same responses to various stimuli that a human body does, but this is not always the case."

At the mention of it taking years, the gremlin nodded.

"We have investigated the concept of physical pain, specifically that within the range that a Champion is capable of inflicting on someone, for several years. We are no strangers to experiments that take an extended period of time to examine, and are not as tightly bound by time as many races. Additionally, ours can be considered more of a preliminary study, in order to determine if more should take part, either to also experience what we have discovered or further our learning. Should we die permanently before we are finished, someone else will likely continue where we leave off, if the project is deemed worthy of such treatment."

After the last bit of explanation, Tex sat silently for a time, considering what to ask next and fidgeting apprehensively as she found herself drawing a blank. The largest problem was that she knew very little about love, even with Lucina's explanations, which unfortunately meant that the pool of questions she could draw on was also limited. What did one even ask where this subject was concerned?