Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The Displaced Timeline (Very Open RP)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Equiste

01-30-2013

Quote:
Bright Oblivion:
Tex glanced over toward the door as it opened and revealed the person with whom she was expected to meet. By what Tex considered to be human standards, she was pretty, perhaps even beautiful. And so happy, almost too much so, perhaps. The Gatekeeper had informed her that this woman knew a considerable bit about love, and Tex wondered if this was the source of her overabundant happiness.

As Lucina bowed slightly, Tex inclined her hood-shrouded head and replied. As with the other gremlins Lucina had interacted, she would get the faintest impression of the gremlin's face, and the way her mouth moved to form silent words that were conveyed through her mind. Unlike the wizened member of the Collected Lucina had previously interacted with, Tex's features were softer, more feminine, perhaps even kinder, and considerably younger. Also unlike with Xhalax, Tex's 'voice,' which was feminine and almost childlike in nature, would sound as though she were speaking naturally to Lucina, despite the impossibility of this due to her muteness.

"Is there anything else I may call you? It would be unwise, and rather uncomfortable, for me to use your actual name."

She managed to keep herself mostly relaxed when the gremlin spoke in her mind. She nodded, wondering why it was unwise and uncomfortable to use her proper name but she wasn't going to question it. She had to divorce herself from her tendencies when dealing with a human.
"Mmm, perhaps something like 'Crystal' or maybe 'Rhodochrosite' would be more preferable?" She wasn't going to offer up any of her personal nicknames since they were more personal and it also might make the gremlin feel uncomfortable to use them as well.
"And how may I refer to you?"

Youay

01-30-2013

Youay nodded with a easygoing grin as he adjusted his glasses.

"I am sure Lily will find me when she finds me. But I am sure whatever she whips up will be lovely, right Ethelyn?"

He gave Ethelyn a gentle squeeze and looked back at Silver.

"Three days is plenty.Actually this will be a good time to try out a new spell with those keys as well. But yes, dinner. We will be on our way, take care Silver and I will will reach you soonish."

He nodded at her and then started leading Ethelyn down the hall again.

Silverling

01-30-2013

Silver nodded, a slight smirk still on her face.

"I'm sure it will be wonderful... Even with the unwanted extra features she will probably include..."

She then bowed slightly towards Youay and Ethelyn.

"Have fun, you two. I will see you later."

She then started walking down the hall in the opposite direction. With any luck she'll run into Vince and Lily on the way to her destination, after all, she did need to talk to them. Ethelyn, on the other hand, happily went with Youay, giving him a kiss on his cheek as they would round one corner and head off to where ever their dinner plans were.

Bright Oblivion

01-30-2013

Quote:
Equiste:
She managed to keep herself mostly relaxed when the gremlin spoke in her mind. She nodded, wondering why it was unwise and uncomfortable to use her proper name but she wasn't going to question it. She had to divorce herself from her tendencies when dealing with a human.
"Mmm, perhaps something like 'Crystal' or maybe 'Rhodochrosite' would be more preferable?" She wasn't going to offer up any of her personal nicknames since they were more personal and it also might make the gremlin feel uncomfortable to use them as well.
"And how may I refer to you?"

Tex almost appeared to smile at the suggestions.

"You are neither a mineral, nor a crystal, ma'am. I would prefer not to refer to you as such. And it is not my comfort that I'm considering. It is yours. If I were to say your proper name..."

She paused, then shook her head.

"You would very likely dislike the result. As for what you could call me, I believe my given name is sufficient: Tex."

Equiste

01-31-2013

Lucina smiled. "Perhaps not, but a name like that is just an alternative to one that is considered my given name." She seemed to nod when the Gremlin presented her own name. Though to her it sounded like a males name.
"Alright then Tex. Perhaps you should present some options of what you would prefer to call me. Otherwise we might be stuck here for a while running through a list of names instead of why we are here." She said, still maintaining her smile.

Youay

01-31-2013

Later at Ethelyn's
After a nice dinner Youay opened the door for Ethelyn and let her into her place first before following her in.

"That was nice, did you enjoy yourself Ethy?"

He took off his glasses and set them aside and walked over to the couch and took a seat ad smiled at her.

Silverling

01-31-2013

Ethy's Room

Once they were both inside and settled on the couch, Ethelyn cuddled up to Youay and let out a relaxed sigh.

"Mmmhh... Yes... I did. That was a very lovely dinner."

----

Elsewhere in the Institute

Silver was returning from a few other places she visited, glancing around as she did. She was currently planning on heading back to the lab, however, a particular aura caught her interest... One that seemed to belong to a rather familiar mad scientist... And it was moving rather slowly. She turned down one particular hallway to see Vince being literally dragged by a certain, rather excited mechanical hand, and she couldn't help but snicker at the current sight.

Grand Viper

01-31-2013

Lily literally was dragging Vince across the floor. Once they were close enough, the hand clicked and whirred, "I heard wedding, and dress, so who's it for?"

"I hate you, Silver," Vince growled. "At this current moment in time, at this very minute, I hate you with all of my heart and soul."

"Oh hush, you wanted to go the hard way."

"When the hells did you install rockets?!"

"When you were asleep dear."

"That explains your driving!"

"You only hit one plateau, stop whining."

"IT WAS A MOUNTAIN!"

Silverling

01-31-2013

As Silver heard Vince and Lily bickering, she started snickering, then laughing. Once she had composed herself, she crossed her arms in front of herself and looked down at the mechanical hand.

"That would be for sir Youay and miss Ethelyn, Lily. He apparently proposed tonight."

She then looked over at Vince, smirking slightly as she did.

"Nice to see you here, by the way, I wanted to talk to you anyways."

Bright Oblivion

01-31-2013

Quote:
Equiste:
Lucina smiled. "Perhaps not, but a name like that is just an alternative to one that is considered my given name." She seemed to nod when the Gremlin presented her own name. Though to her it sounded like a males name.
"Alright then Tex. Perhaps you should present some options of what you would prefer to call me. Otherwise we might be stuck here for a while running through a list of names instead of why we are here." She said, still maintaining her smile.

Tex regarded the woman in front of her.

"Perhaps they are alternatives, but they are not suitable ones. They bear no connection to you. Unfortunately, I know very little about you. Certainly very little deeper than what one might find in a folder, or the fact that you are in love."

She was silent for a few moments, considering possibilities.

"Heartslight, perhaps."

((Heart's light.))