The Displaced Timeline (Very Open RP)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Silverling

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youay View Post
Youay smiled at the thief and nodded towards him in greeting as he smiled at the kids running past him. Closing the door behind him he approached Balder and looked in both directions of the hall as he adjusted his glasses.

"Hello Balder, but we both know better that you really are not that surprised to see me."

He walked over to Balder.

"I trust you already know whats going on with Ethelyn and what I am about to ask you?"
Balder chuckled slightly and pushed himself off the wall as Youay approached.

"I do have an idea, yes...."

He then placed an arm around the doctor's shoulders, and he would note the hand resting on the opposite shoulder held the knife he was using to clean his fingernails from a few seconds ago.

"... And I'm sure you're wanting to know what my answer would be."

Equiste

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Oblivion View Post
Sigmund smiled.

"I'd be more worried about him scolding me about other things, truthfully. I am, after all, planning to ask his little sister's hand in marriage, and he was quite good with a knife."

He smiled sadly as she spoke and considered what responsibility he should take or deserved. When she drew the dagger, he examined it through the eyes of smith and wielder, wondering what its life had been like. For now, he remained silent, trusting that the woman beside him would say what she wished and that the best thing he could do was listen.

She couldn't help the amused smile cross her face when he mentioned that he had been good with a knife.

The knife had been beautifully crafted into the delicate looking but deadly creation in front of him. The blade was almost spotless from merticulous maintainance, whether magical or done by hand and had an engraving from the hilt along the bottom of the blade. "Viola, may your fierce heart ring true" was merticulously carved in with the " - Avina" scratched out in three slash marks, instead engraved above it in a far more crude style " Love Mummy" was scratched in instead. It looked balanced for throwing, but seemed to have a mechanism on the side that may suggest this was interchangable as she let it sit balancing on part of her palm. He could see little clues the dagger had been through quite a bit of action.

She delicately runs her hand around the blade of the dagger, but not on the cutting edge sparring her finger from the razor sharp edge that looked like it could cut in two a strand of silk. She smiled sadly towards it.
"Got this for her for her eighth birthday, something that would last her a lifetime. Sadly cut much shorter thanks to... I feel that most of this was my fault. I'm sure she would say otherwise. This blade saved the life of those dear to her, just not the one dear to us." Tears welled up in her eyes, but refused to fall. She smiled, looking out into the distance.
"But you probably have better things to do to listen to an old woman ramble on, and a girlfriend likely wondering just how bad his meeting was to keep him away for so long."

Youay

12-30-2012

Youay looked at the knife and then back at Balder, his expression never faltering. The doctor nodded with a serious look in his eyes.

"Yes Balder, I wish to ask you for Ethelyn's hand in marriage. I was going to ask you eventually, but recent circumstances has made it necessary to ask sooner rather than later."

He motioned his head towards the knife.

"And is the knife really necessary? If you were going to kill me, I wouldn't have been able to make it to the hallway in the first place. And you already made yourself perfectly clear when I first started dating her. Your a good man Balder, looking after your children that way you do, and I want you to know that I love her so very deeply.So deeply I would walk the endless reaches of the underworld if it would mean her safety..and the safety of my child."

Youay looked Balder in the eyes as he spoke, every word he spoke was the truth. He did not show that he was intimidated by the man who held a rather sharp knife next to his neck.

Bright Oblivion

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equiste View Post
She couldn't help the amused smile cross her face when he mentioned that he had been good with a knife.

The knife had been beautifully crafted into the delicate looking but deadly creation in front of him. The blade was almost spotless from merticulous maintainance, whether magical or done by hand and had an engraving from the hilt along the bottom of the blade. "Viola, may your fierce heart ring true" was merticulously carved in with the " - Avina" scratched out in three slash marks, instead engraved above it in a far more crude style " Love Mummy" was scratched in instead. It looked balanced for throwing, but seemed to have a mechanism on the side that may suggest this was interchangable as she let it sit balancing on part of her palm. He could see little clues the dagger had been through quite a bit of action.

She delicately runs her hand around the blade of the dagger, but not on the cutting edge sparring her finger from the razor sharp edge that looked like it could cut in two a strand of silk. She smiled sadly towards it.
"Got this for her for her eighth birthday, something that would last her a lifetime. Sadly cut much shorter thanks to... I feel that most of this was my fault. I'm sure she would say otherwise. This blade saved the life of those dear to her, just not the one dear to us." Tears welled up in her eyes, but refused to fall. She smiled, looking out into the distance.
"But you probably have better things to do to listen to an old woman ramble on, and a girlfriend likely wondering just how bad his meeting was to keep him away for so long."
As Mrs. Evictavius smiled and looked into the distance, Sigmund smiled, speaking calmly.

"They can wait. As can she. Perhaps I'm taking a break between smoking and visiting her in hopes that the smell fades, even though I know that she does not need that to know if I've been smoking or not. It's just one of those little things we continue to do, even though we know how it ends."

He grimaced.

"And my ears and I would like to think I had been raised well enough to listen to 'an old woman ramble on', when she wishes to do so. Though I might disagree both with her being an 'old woman' and what she is doing being called 'rambling on'."

Silverling

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-30-2012

Quote:
Youay looked at the knife and then back at Balder, his expression never faltering. The doctor nodded with a serious look in his eyes.

"Yes Balder, I wish to ask you for Ethelyn's hand in marriage. I was going to ask you eventually, but recent circumstances has made it necessary to ask sooner rather than later."

He motioned his head towards the knife.

"And is the knife really necessary? If you were going to kill me, I wouldn't have been able to make it to the hallway in the first place. And you already made yourself perfectly clear when I first started dating her. Your a good man Balder, looking after your children that way you do, and I want you to know that I love her so very deeply.So deeply I would walk the endless reaches of the underworld if it would mean her safety..and the safety of my child."

Youay looked Balder in the eyes as he spoke, every word he spoke was the truth. He did not show that he was intimidated by the man who held a rather sharp knife next to his neck.
Balder looked directly into Youay's eyes as he spoke, his expression remaining a constant, serious sort of stare. He remained silent, pressing the flat edge of the knife against his neck for a moment or two. After the doctor had finished his little speech, he continued to stare at him for a while longer, than a smile tugged on the corner of his lips.

"Alright, you pass."

He then burst out into a roar of laughter, the knife disappearing into who knows where.

"Ahahahaha.... Ahhh... Yeah, I would have offed you weeks ago if I didn't like ya. I was mostly curious to see what you would do in a situation like that. Great to know that my daughter won't be marrying a chicken.... Anyways..."

The hand that was on his shoulder twitched a bit and he was suddenly holding a silver ring that had a pressure set diamond on the top and two golden topaz channel set on either side of the diamond. Youay might note that these were a similar color to Ethelyn's energy type, as well as her birthstone.

"If you haven't guessed, the answer is go for it, and think of the time and place to ask quick."

Equiste

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Oblivion View Post
As Mrs. Evictavius smiled and looked into the distance, Sigmund smiled, speaking calmly.

"They can wait. As can she. Perhaps I'm taking a break between smoking and visiting her in hopes that the smell fades, even though I know that she does not need that to know if I've been smoking or not. It's just one of those little things we continue to do, even though we know how it ends."

He grimaced.

"And my ears and I would like to think I had been raised well enough to listen to 'an old woman ramble on', when she wishes to do so. Though I might disagree both with her being an 'old woman' and what she is doing being called 'rambling on'."
Avina let out a light laugh, holding the dagger gently in her hand.
"My, someone has been brought up to be quite polite. Next you will be telling me that you should always use your manners and that its custom not to have se.x until you are married." Suddenly she blinked, as if she just realised something, before frowning playfully.
"Oh d.amn you Regald, thats exactly what you did huh?" She chuckled, looking over at Sigmund.
"Think I can be devious? Not only did my husband 'trick' me into falling in love with him, he also managed to hold off on se.x until after our marrige. Though he waited for me to be properly in love first. That dam.n..." She smiled happily, chuckling a bit.
"So, am I rambling now?" She said with a cheeky grin.

Bright Oblivion

12-30-2012

Sigmund chuckled.

"Manners are good, for the most part, and the latter is more advice I did not follow and can not give. I imagine it's still traditional, though."

When she grinned cheekily at him, he smiled and shook his head.

"I don't suppose you are. Though it may be less about manners and more about remembering just how much it hurt when another 'old woman' latched on to my ears for answering that question incorrectly."

He grimaced briefly.

"A lot."

Youay

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverling View Post
Balder looked directly into Youay's eyes as he spoke, his expression remaining a constant, serious sort of stare. He remained silent, pressing the flat edge of the knife against his neck for a moment or two. After the doctor had finished his little speech, he continued to stare at him for a while longer, than a smile tugged on the corner of his lips.

"Alright, you pass."

He then burst out into a roar of laughter, the knife disappearing into who knows where.

"Ahahahaha.... Ahhh... Yeah, I would have offed you weeks ago if I didn't like ya. I was mostly curious to see what you would do in a situation like that. Great to know that my daughter won't be marrying a chicken.... Anyways..."

The hand that was on his shoulder twitched a bit and he was suddenly holding a silver ring that had a pressure set diamond on the top and two golden topaz channel set on either side of the diamond. Youay might note that these were a similar color to Ethelyn's energy type, as well as her birthstone.

"If you haven't guessed, the answer is go for it, and think of the time and place to ask quick."
Youay broke into a grin and laughed with Balder. He nodded and took the ring and looked it over.

"This is a beautiful piece of work. Thank you Balder, I really appreciate this."

He place the ring securely into his pocket and looked back to Balder.

"Besides, you are not the first brush with a possible death I had. But I will be sure to do my best to make her a happy woman.As for place and time, I was thinking as soon as I get back to her. Take her somewhere for just the two of us and ask her to let me be hers forever."

Silverling

12-30-2012

Quote:
Youay broke into a grin and laughed with Balder. He nodded and took the ring and looked it over.

"This is a beautiful piece of work. Thank you Balder, I really appreciate this."

He place the ring securely into his pocket and looked back to Balder.

"Besides, you are not the first brush with a possible death I had. But I will be sure to do my best to make her a happy woman.As for place and time, I was thinking as soon as I get back to her. Take her somewhere for just the two of us and ask her to let me be hers forever."
Balder smiled calmly as he replied to Youay.

"Why thank you! I figured it was time to get back into the more delicate forms of metalwork, especially considering that two of my daughters are of age.... Speaking of which..."

He tilted his head to one side, smirking slightly as he did.

"You wouldn't happen to have any brothers or know anyone interested in dragons, do you? My middle child isn't searching hard enough for some one and I might need to give her a little push."

He chuckled a bit more and straightened up, crossing his arms in front of himself before continuing.

"Also, you want a lovely romantic place? Take your first left, then the third right, go down to the end of the hall and take another left and you'll find a lovely garden area filled with all sorts of plants and little magical lights and fireflies. You're welcome to go scout around there for the perfect spot, or you could pick another place entirely. I'd show you where it is, but the wife only gets so much time with the twins before they start grabbing and touching the highly volatile magical experiments she's got locked up in there."

Youay

12-30-2012

Youay gave a sort of sad smile and shook his head.

"No, I have no direct family. I don't even have a surname to give my own family. As for anyone who is interested in dragons, I can't think of any either. But if I find a nice guy who might be interested in her, I will send him your way. I will charge him double if you send him to my office, I hate being wrong."

He placed his hands in his coat pockets as he listened to Balder about the garden.

"That sounds perfect, it would be perfect. I will get right on that now, I am sure Talim is driving her nuts back at the lounge as well. Good luck with the twins and I guess we will be seeing a bit more of each other."

He offered his hand to Balder to shake before making his way back to the lounge, ready to ask the most important question in his life.....for a second time.