The Displaced Timeline (Very Open RP)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Silverling

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-27-2012

Its time for the panic dance~

Zareen watched as Youay started falling into his absent state of panic and she grimaced slightly before speaking.

"Its... Within the realm of possibility..."

She then sighed and got up from her chair and moving to a corner that contained a tea kettle, a magical water heating system, and a few bottles of water. She filled up the kettle and heated up the water and made some tea before going over to where the doctor was pacing. She brought him to a chair and managed to get him to sit down, then placed the freshly brewed cup of tea she made in his hands.

"... I know its... A lot to take in right now, but it is also best to go through these things with a clear head."

Equiste

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Oblivion View Post
Sigmund stared out off the roof as she put a hand on his shoulder and nodded in response to her question.

"I think so."
The roof... The roof... The roof thats not on fire...

"Aww, thats just the nerves talking. Sadly for you I think they just get more managable, but don't go away until the event happens. Then you are too busy being deliriously happy when she says yes." She said with a beaming smile. Dimly in the back of her mind she contemplated that she might have, as a very small chance, the posibility that she would say no. But she doubted that would happen. She lets out a hum.
"Mmm, I'm going to have to get rid of this smokey smell somehow. I imagine you have an excuse lined up already as to your smoking?" She asked, wondering if he needed one.

Youay

12-27-2012

Woo

Youay was still rambling when she handed him the tea and sat him down. As soon as he sat down he brought the cup to his lips and took a drink and gave a great big sigh. He rubbed his hand along his face as some of the color returned to his features. He looked over to her and nodded.

"Yeah, your absolutely right Zareen. I kind of lost my head there, but it all makes sense. What Silver told me and master told me, add on what you told me...."

He trailed off and took another drink before looking at her again.

"How should we handle this Zareen, because either way I can already imagine how she would react if we straight up and told her that she was going to be a virgin mother."

He drummed his fingers along the spell book as he chewed his thoughts. Zareen could tell that the man had nothing but Ethelyn's best interests at heart.

Bright Oblivion

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equiste View Post
The roof... The roof... The roof thats not on fire...

"Aww, thats just the nerves talking. Sadly for you I think they just get more managable, but don't go away until the event happens. Then you are too busy being deliriously happy when she says yes." She said with a beaming smile. Dimly in the back of her mind she contemplated that she might have, as a very small chance, the posibility that she would say no. But she doubted that would happen. She lets out a hum.
"Mmm, I'm going to have to get rid of this smokey smell somehow. I imagine you have an excuse lined up already as to your smoking?" She asked, wondering if he needed one.
Sigmund nodded in agreement, then gave voice to the dim thought at the back of Lucina's mind.

"If she says yes."

When she mentioned the smokey smell, he shrugged.

"Faint perfume, a little water, even embracing Lucas would probably mask it from most, unless they've got a considerable sense of smell. As for what I'll tell Emily? The truth, or part of it. The meeting with the gremlins for whatever I'm doing and not telling her about went worse than expected and I couldn't help but light my pipe and have a smoke as I talked. Fortunately, Rex avoids her enough that she won't be able to ask him either how long we talked or if I was smoking during that time."

Equiste

12-27-2012

Lucina cringes a bit at is words, but still holds her smile.
"I suppose its not completely outside the realms of possibility she would say no. However I think she might find it difficult not to say yes." She said, maintaining her smile. "Especially if your plan works out well." She hummed at his cover story, shrugging a bit.
"Or you could say it went as expected, and you needed some time afterwards to calm down with a smoke. And I'd rather do more than mask it, especially since I don't wear perfume much. Besides, I think mother has a saying for that. 'If you can hide a detail without drawing attention to it, do so. You never know what little complication can make something that should be hard to notice very obvious.' Or something like that. Paraphrasing. Might have a shower. I often shower after working, and if Lucas catches the smell on the way to the shower I can say my errand was near a pipe smoker if it comes up. 'The truth can often be the best lie.'" She said with a bit of a giggle, her voice changing to almost match her mothers when she spoke.

Bright Oblivion

12-28-2012

Sigmund nodded, his response simple.

"We'll see."

He smiled at her mother's advice, deciding to point something out.

"I was merely reminding you how simple my smoke was to deal with. There's just something about having one's sense of smell blown out every time one wishes to relax with a pipe that makes it less than worthwhile. Though both bits of advice are true and useful."

Carefully, he emptied his pipe and cleaned out the bowl before getting to his feet and turning to her.

"Would you like me to open a door to your room before I make my way back to mine?"

Silverling

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youay View Post
Woo

Youay was still rambling when she handed him the tea and sat him down. As soon as he sat down he brought the cup to his lips and took a drink and gave a great big sigh. He rubbed his hand along his face as some of the color returned to his features. He looked over to her and nodded.

"Yeah, your absolutely right Zareen. I kind of lost my head there, but it all makes sense. What Silver told me and master told me, add on what you told me...."

He trailed off and took another drink before looking at her again.

"How should we handle this Zareen, because either way I can already imagine how she would react if we straight up and told her that she was going to be a virgin mother."

He drummed his fingers along the spell book as he chewed his thoughts. Zareen could tell that the man had nothing but Ethelyn's best interests at heart.
Zareen hummed and poured herself a cup of tea. She took a sip and looked over at Youay as she replied.

"Well... One thing is to consider is what you should be doing now to prepare for the future... Marriage is a consideration."

She traced one finger around the rim of her cup as she continued.

"... After all, it wouldn't look good for her to be unwed and pregnant... As for how one might break the news, I honestly can't think of any way that would allow it to be any easier for her."

Equiste

12-28-2012

"True, but mother had a scarily good ability to pick up the most subtle stuff and those simple things didn't work." She said with a shrug. She shook her head at the suggestion of the door back to her room.
"No thanks, there is no telling if Lucas has my message or not. Might seem a bit suspicious if I come back from my errands through a magic door." She said with a chuckle.
"Its fine, I'll make my own way back down. Thanks for the offer though."

Youay

12-28-2012

Youay looked into the cup and and nodded. He took a drink and took off his glasses, holding it in two fingers as he used the others to rub the bridge of his nose.

"Yeah, that is the best thing to do is move forward. Is it alright with you if I have your daughters hand in marriage Zareen? I truly do love her after all, and I want protect her from anything that would try to cause her harm."

Zareen may notice the look in his eyes changed ever so slightly at the last part of his sentence. He put the glasses back on and continued to gaze into the tea, as if expecting it to tell him the future.

"I will think of something to break the news some how, only other thing I can think of is making it seem like a normal pregnancy...."

He turned a bit red at that part quickly took a drink. He then looked like he remembered something important and looked at Zareen with a expression of urgency.

"Also I would recommend not having Ethelyn work for a bit longer, it would appear that the ritual she was performing was not what it seemed. When I told Silver about it she had a hunch it had to do with a dimensional prison of sorts."

He pointed at the spellbook.

"Hence the need for the tome there."

Silverling

12-28-2012

A soft smile appeared on Zareen's face as Youay asked the rather important question of this conversation.

"Trust me, Youay... I wouldn't have let you near my daughter if I wasn't alright with that... And besides...."

She jerked her thumb to the door, her smile turning into a smirk.

"You're going to have to pry her hand from my other half... But I think you have the points in your favor. After all, he hasn't stabbed you yet."

She listened to his explanation of the prison, taking a sip of tea as he spoke. She glanced down into her cup for a moment, then back at him curiously.

"A prison? Hmm... Part of me is curious to find out what's on the other side, but the other part knows better. I can excuse her for another week or two under the fact that she would probably be preparing for wedding plans."

She then glanced at the spell book and shrugged a bit.

"Well, I think your alien friend was mostly wanting to examine it to see what might be hidden within. Ethelyn was translating that before she went into her trance."