The Displaced Timeline (Very Open RP)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Youay

08-30-2012

Though Panicking is against the guide.
Nodded and made sure she was steady before letting go.
"Its alright. don't force yourself, I am here if you need any help."
He pulled a bottle of water out of his pocket and handed it to her.

Grand Viper

08-31-2012

That's Just Punny

The zombie's soulless eyes bored themselves into Silver's eyes. Eventually, she smirked and rested back on her chair, "You're telling the truth. And have to agree, too much salt. Usually find a bit of vinegar helps. Not the point, I'm curious as to why you have such vested interest in Vince. Before you answer, drink."

Motioning to the waiter, she pointed at the table. The waiter waved his hand over the table, and two glasses appeared. The zombie's flesh cracked and split apart at what seemed to be seams. From within the creature, a woman emerged. The only trace of age was the white hair that billowed down behind her, forming almost a strange, mystical cloak around her. Otherwise, she looked like a woman in her twenties at most. Her fair skin was only seen from the neck up, the rest of her body wrapped in blackened rags and leather.

Her gray eyes flicked about, analyzing Silver, "Let me rephrase my question, Silver: why so much vested interest in these people? Why design a mechanical heart to help bring back his wife, why go through the Piltover sewers to hunt down Viper, why look after Nina like a babysitter, when you have so much power and immortality to boot? Is there an angle you are working?"

She laughed and tilted the glass to her mouth. The glass quickly filled with a red liquid, one she greedily drank. Placing it on the table she flashed her pearly white teeth, "Always a wonderful choice, love."

"Pl-"

"Sh. No talky."

The waiter's mouth snapped shut.

The woman looked over at Silver and swirled her glass, "So after you answer those questions, think about and answer this one: Have you noticed something strange about little darling Nina? Something...mm, off, about her. Considering her father, her uncle, and me? I think I've been described as a manipulative cold hearted ***** at times. They tend to forget to add calculating, beautiful, and that she gets sore when hiding teleporting into corpses and hiding out in them underground while waiting for a certain gremlin to go away."

Motioning to the waiter once more, she pointed at her shoulders. The waiter walked over and started massaging her shoulders, making her squeak in utter delight. She looked at Silver, "Want a go with him afterwards? He's got magic hands."

Silverling

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2012

You're just jelly that you can't be puny

Silver kept her expression neutral as the zombie stared at her, making sure to keep eye contact as well. When the offer of a drink was given, she muttered out her request.

"Nothing alcoholic or caffeinated... Something sweet or just water, please."

She eyed the woman as she made her transformation, seeming unphased by the scene, though in her mind she found it somewhat disturbing. Her antennae twitched once at the woman's question, and flatly stated her reply.

"I'm curious as to why you want to know, or at least, why you assume that there's a reason."

She pushed a bit of her hair out of her face before continuing.

"To be honest with you, I probably would never have gotten involved with them had Vince not come to me first. I tend to stick to the shadows on most worlds I go to, mostly considering that I can and will leave whenever I wish. Obviously I make exceptions, mainly for when some one catches my interest, and he did just that. Generally people don't walk up to a random alien and offer them a job as their assistant, and even less so do they have a talking mechanical hand and have unusual abilities. To simply put it, I was a bit curious at first, though now I consider them as friends."

She rested her elbows on the table, entwining her fingers together and resting her chin on them, her expression unchanged from before.

"You want to know why I'm helping them? Because I can, usually, I enjoy sharing my talents to those in need. It also helps when I can feel a sort of connection between myself and the other person, which generally warrants for other reasons... You want to know why did I design the mechanical heart? Because I want to fulfill the wish of a mother who is desperate to hold her daughter again, because I know how it feels to lose something dear. Why hunt down Viper? Because he is a jerk who did seek out to harm the ones I care about. Why do I look after Nina? Because she reminds me of some one else I knew long ago who needed care and protection..."

She closed her eyes, her aura shifting into its divine state slightly.

"You and I differ significantly. I can tell just by sitting here that you find those who are less powerful to be inferior. You see them as something to be used, then thrown away when they've lost their use. But as for me? I am a protector, I will willingly stand up to those who can't. However, I don't put myself above anyone else due to the fact that I am a powerful, immortal being... If anything, I prefer it if people don't know that factor."

She opened her eyes again, and they were faintly shimmering a silvery color.

"In other words, there is no angle, there is no catch, I will not ask for any form of reward or payment. And besides, kindness has its own benefits to offer."

There was a pause as she mulled over the next set of questions the woman asked.

"As for Nina, I have noticed a few things. One of which being that she was able to integrate my blood into her own without killing herself... The other is her personality. She seems perfectly normal for her age, minus a few hiccups here and there, though from what Vince has said, she could snap at any moment..."

Silver paused from speaking again, glancing between the waiter and the woman. A massage sounded rather appealing right now, but suddenly falling asleep does not.

"And I will have to pass on that offer, I'm afraid. Its not that I doubt his skill, but that I can guarantee that I would fall asleep mid conversation, which in my opinion would be rather rude."

----

Didn't say anything about panic dancing though!

Ethelyn blinked once at Youay's offer of water before accepting it. After opening it and taking a long drink, she looked up at him, tilting her head a bit to one side.

"... Do you often keep bottled water in your pockets, and how in the world did it fit in there?"

Youay

08-31-2012

I guess I didn't
Youay smiled and lifted up one of the edges of his doctors coat.
"You would be surprised on what I keep on hand just in case."
He looked at her with a playful grin
"As for how it all fits....I dunno."

Grand Viper

08-31-2012

Totally Jelly

The woman continued to smile at Silver, "Because everyone, no matter who or what they are, has a reason for doing what they do. You were curious. It doesn't matter what it developed into later, but you were curious at first. It doesn't make you a bad person, or a good person, it just shows your sort of personality. If you were a goody goody you would have barreled in without thinking about circumstances and so forth, and probably dropped him the moment you found out he is somewhat adept at necromancy. A few parlor tricks, really."

Taking a moment to drink from her glass, she continued, "How old do you think I am, Silver? Old. I forgot my age, truth be told. With that in mind, how would you feel if you were connected with almost every single flesh sculptor that is, was, or ever will be?"

She twirled her hand about, "Right now I feel Gerald's confusion and anger of his amazing plot being discovered by apparently me, I felt every ounce of Vince's despair and fear during his little episode, he's currently feeling guilty for the entire incident but has relaxed, and the list can go on. I haven't had any reason whatsoever to do anything in the few centuries to give the slightest d*mn about things or people. Not even to use as puppets. Then Vince came around."

The waiter's eye slightly twitched as he continued his methodical massaging.

"Vince was dull, at first. He became more interesting over time, and then he met Lily. It was wonderful, to have someone feel such emotions again. He really wanted to break the inane and boring cycle my family had thrown themselves into because they're a bunch of idiotic, unimaginative halfwits. To be young once more. Then Nina came around, and suddenly I have no connection to her." Leaning in to Silver, her smiled broadened, "Here's something even Vince doesn't know: Nina is a chimera child, like me, or else she can't be a flesh sculptor. Men can be any blood type to flesh sculpt, women have to be chimeric because magic is a cold hearted *****. I couldn't figure it out right away, but of course, I found out in due time. It was fun while it lasted, the mystery."

Leaning back, she tilted her head towards the waiter and flicked her tongue at him. He leaned towards her, raised his hand above her mouth, and gently placed a chocolate truffle on the awaiting tongue. Snapping her head back into place, rolled her eyes about in ecstasy, and took another drink of her glass that had suddenly refilled itself. "This connection, can do many things. Admittedly, I used to meddle at first, but then one of my thralls was put to the stake and burned to death. That really sucked. Detracting from my point, back to Nina: A typical girl her age, she is not. She is a born killer, a reaper, with how the Vipére family has gone about. Very insipid, very boring. But Vince? Ah, Neither or Lily want that. To have Nina devolve into a killing machine would be...hm, what's that word I'm looking for? Minion, speak."

"Boring?"

"Oh you know me so well. Don't forget inane. Hiccups, are nothing to be worried about. In fact, they're a welcome sight. Hiccups are better than full blows screaming. My next question is, what do you think Nina plans to become? Apparently she's going to start training with that doctor friend of Vince's to help control her hiccups. What a monster in the making. She doesn't like killing, doesn't like hurting, which is really strange coming from her lineage. Do you think she's going to become the next, most powerful necromancer? I highly doubt that."

Resting her glass on the table, she sighed, "But, like anyone else, all it takes is just the right push..." She knocked her glass over, spilling the crimson liquid everywhere, "And the slaughter begins. When someone's pushed, killing's as easy as breathing. Don't you agree, Silver?"

Silverling

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2012

What flavor?

Silver remained silent throughout the woman's explanation. She tilted her head a bit to one side, antennae twitching a bit as she responded.

"I learned a long time ago not to guess one's age... Ninety percent of the time I would be incorrect due to having a different perception as to how old one looks.... For example, one who looks twenty years old to a human, looks to be several thousand years to me. As for how I would feel? Well, there would probably be a lot of headaches involved."

She propped her head up on one hand, letting the other absently trace along the edge of the glass in front of her. She noted the waiter's reactions to some of the conversation, making a very good guess that this was probably the last conversation he would want to listen in to. The way the woman was treating her didn't set well to her either, but she kept silent about it for now.

"You having no connection to Nina... I'm assuming that is due to how drastically different she is from other flesh sculptures, though I could be wrong. And as to what she is going to become? My guess is simply this: A protector. She doesn't like killing, she doesn't like others killing, therefore she will do what she can to prevent that, hence going to doctor Youay to help control herself. She doesn't want to snap."

Her eyes were still shimmering slightly, however, one blink and they had returned to their normal deep blue.

"And it depends on how far some one is pushed, and how much control one has over themselves... But yes, that can happen to anyone."

She paused for a moment, tilting her head a bit to the other side.

"Though my question here is this: What does this have to do with me? Why did you approach me to say this, when you could easily take her or Vince aside and speak to them yourself?"

A smirk appeared on her face as she continued.

"Also, it would be nice to know your name. Somehow I don't think you were named 'Mistress', and I am not going to call you that. Calling you 'Mistress' would be like me forcing you to call me 'Goddess', and neither of us would enjoy that. So unless you want me to make up one for you, I would appreciate knowing your name."

--------

Yarp! So therefore I panic dance

Ethelyn smiled at Youay, letting out a bit of a laugh.

"You're lying! You know exactly how that coat of yours works!"

She stuck her tongue out at him before taking another sip of water and turning her back towards him, the tone of her voice making it rather clear that she wasn't being serious.

"Hiding all your secrets from me, I'm hurt! Do you not trust me enough to share?"

Grand Viper

08-31-2012

Grape or Lemon

The woman smirked, "Fair nuff.I'm Vanessa. Vanessa Vipére. And nooo, Nina being a protector? Tsk tsk tsk, not at all. Protecting involves violence. If that girl does something violent, she's going to be a force of nature. I'm not sure how one would be able to contain her. With proper training and so forth, she may be able to reign herself in, but those emotions, all that bubbling anger, it's going to be there for decades. She's got the makings for a first in the entire flesh sculpting history: A healer. My original aspiration with the art."

Fixing the glass upright, the woman waved her hand over the wine stain. It promptly disappeared as she took another drink of the now refilled glass, "Really, the reason is because this century I decided to have only one thrall look over the clan and she was killed. Gerald is stupid, but he's an inquisitive one. He found me through a bunch of deductions and so forth and...well..." Her smile became broader, "Why do you think he walks with a cane wherever he is in public?"

Tapping the table, she continued, "In regards to Vince? He's never asked for such a thing. In regards to Nina? I'm not meddling. I have no reason to. It's far more interesting to see how things happen without my influence instead of dipping my fingers in. And why speak with you, Miss immortal being? Because you will not tell any of them of such a meeting. If you do, consequences? Many."

The waiter moved to say something, making Vanessa laugh, "Don't worry sweetie, I'm not being cruel. I just need excitement in my life." She cheekily smiled at him, stroking his chin, "I know your taste in little girls, nothing bad's going to happen to her...nothing from me, at least. Can't say from others."

The waiter's brows sharpened. His voice became slightly raised, "Please rephra-"

Vanessa spun from her seat and soundly slapped him, "No back talking."

"Yes...Mistress."

She smiled at him and patted his cheek, "Mm, it's hard to tell which one you are, you know that? You all look so alike, yet nothing like him. Something's...different, about you, isn't it?"

He visibly twitched. Vanessa tilted her head, "Oh? Is something wrong, dear? Do you need something from me?"

The waiter shook his head, "Nothing at all, mistress."

"Thought so," she drew away from him and sat back in her seat. Looking at Silver, she tapped her finger against her lips, "What were we talking about again? I think I was on consequences. I don't want my game to be tired. Knowing that you aren't going to consume Vince or Nina, that's very good. It's all I wanted to confirm, and I wanted to make sure you won't tell them."

Leaning back, her tone took a darker turn, "I need your word on such a matter, or else I'm going to have to be particularly b*tchy about it. I hate my game being ruined, by anyone really."

Silver would have to try and note the discrepancy in all of this, the way she was acting, the over protectiveness, something more was here.

Youay

08-31-2012

Guess I will join ya.
Youay laughed a bit and smiled back at her.
"Maybe so, but its really complicated how this coat works, it would blow your mind."
He looked up at the sky and spoke in mock innocence.
"And if I told you everything now, then I wouldn't have anymore surprises to spring on you."

Silverling

08-31-2012

Why not both?

Silver continued to smirk at Vanessa's comments, and at first was speaking with a bit of sarcasm, then quickly shifted into a more serious demeanor.

"Alright then, Vanessa. Saves me the trouble of making up an irritable name to call you. And a healer, you say? Huhm... I could see that. She has taken quite an interest in doctors ever since she visited the med wing in the Institute. Either way, she is going to try and learn how to control her emotions."

She went silent as she watched the exchange between Vanessa and the waiter, her eyes glinting a silvery color. The woman might note the air shifting slightly, but it wasn't calm and relaxed like one might expect from Silver, it seemed almost... Annoyed. She continued to speak in a neutral tone, not giving a hint as to what would be irritating her.

"But anyways... I will keep quiet about this conversation, though I may mention the lovely chat I had with Gerald, lest you don't want me talking about that either."

-----

Weee~

Ethelyn looked over her shoulder, pouting at Youay as she did.

"What makes you think that!? I deal with strange magical objects on a daily basis!"

She then let out a bit of a giggle before continuing, something rather unusual from her previous behavior.

"Though I guess you do have a point there... No fun when I know everything I guess."

Youay

08-31-2012

Indeed Weeeee!
Youay looked at her with a smile.
"Yep, us doctors are a mysterious people. No one knows where we came from or how we do what we do."
He took a few steps and moved his hand across the sky.
"Even now the scientific community try to decipher our writings, but alas, it is a fruitless effort. Mainly because our handwriting stinks."
He adjusted his glasses while saying the last part.