The Displaced Timeline (Very Open RP)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Equiste

11-12-2012

"Each to their own I suppose." She said, flicking the card up into the air and catching it as it fell. She begins to spin it around in both hands.
"No, I wouldn't say I am either." She let out a hum, looking over at Sigmund. "Fortunately this is a good start for Lucas. Mister Hyugi himself has now lost any rights to try to claim Lucina, and his loss and subsequent fallout from this will make it more difficult for them to plan a new strategy." She looked over into the space in front of her, letting her left hand turn the card around.
"Its funny how much more effective a perceived threat that never comes can be more effective than a dead body. The fear and distrust seen as ones paranoia gets to them. Even if its not them themselves the person thinks they would mainly be after." She says, sliding her card back into her pocket. "I know you are not one for celebrations, but even ones presence is often enough if you don't join in the main frivolities." She looks down to the ground, looking a little sad.
"... If my... daughter wishes to speak to me, just tell her to do it the usual way type beta, ok?" She says, giving a smile to Sigmund before she looks away.

Bright Oblivion

11-12-2012

Sigmund nodded at her assessment.

"And we'll be ready when they finally have one."

As she spoke again, he shrugged, unsheathing the dagger from his belt and cleaning it with a cloth as he replied.

"Never been much for mind games, but I'll take your word for it. I imagine you'd know more about how they'd react than I, anyway."

Thoughtfully examining the knife, he nodded knowingly as she glanced down somewhat sadly.

"You do what you must to make sure they have tough skin and can stand on their own, helping from the background as you can. Tough to ask for more."

Nodding again, he sheathed the blade and smiled back as he pushed off the wall.

"I'll pass on the message. Though I should probably get back before I'm missed, then."

Hands in his pockets, he started to walk toward the arena, pausing after a few steps to add something else.

"And Mrs. Evictavius? Thank you. For everything."

The conversation over and considering himself dismissed once he heard her reply, he continued into the arena to join the others. If she wanted nothing done, then nothing would be done. On this, he would defer to her.

Equiste

11-12-2012

She let out a slight chuckle when he spoke about helping from the background and it being tough to ask for more.
"There is always more. There is always more you wish to do, always more you wish to give. But sometimes we have no choice, do we?" She said, though it wasn't sure if she was talking to Sigmund or just aloud. Likely voicing her thoughts to Sigmund. She gave a nod as he said he should get back. She chuckled again when he thanked her.
"Should you really be thanking me for problems caused by my own family? Take care of yourself Sigmund." She takes a couple of steps away before turning to say something quietly, fairly certain his ears would pick up what she says. "And if there is anything... I'm sure you can figure out how to contact me..." She said, making her way to whatever she had planned next.

Bright Oblivion

11-12-2012

Sigmund shrugged.

"Sometimes. But you're there. However you are, whatever you do, you're there. That counts for a great deal, even if they don't quite know it yet."

At her other comment, he chuckled slightly.

"We'll see."

He nodded at her quiet addition and deftly flipped a coin over his shoulder, where it would fall within easy reach of her, silver side up. Likely, she'd be able to feel a faint magical pull of sorts both toward her and toward Sigmund, almost as though it were pointing out where both were.

"I'll think of something. If you feel like being contacted at the time."

Equiste

11-12-2012

She didn't make a sound on his first comment, but did illicit a slight smile from her. As the coin came in her direction she caught it out of the air using two fingers without even looking in its direction. She looked at the coin, nodding.
"Perhaps. I'm not as... active as I used to be so I'm not always not available." She put the coin in her robes, the magical pull suddenly seemed to just disappear like it was being masked. She gives a wave as she leaves.

TheOneTrueWaifu

11-12-2012

Eve giggled as she saw Lucina's excitement. She stood up with Novus and followed him down to the arena, standing in front of Lucas "Congratulations Lucas, well done." she did her best to sound cool though it would probably be clear to most here that she was forcing it. She hugged Lucina. "This is so great!"

Equiste

11-12-2012

The four moved down to Rald, the girl attending to them while the other two look around before deciding to move up towards the 'elder'. The dagger guy was still playing with his, juggling them around.
"Hey, good game bro, don't go dieing now you hear?" He said with a chuckle, before attending to Rald.

Novus chuckled at Eve trying to sound cool, his eyes still observing around. He simply was going to wait for the girls to finish before he said anything.

Lucina didn't finally let go until she got close to Lucas, taking him in with a big smile. She hugged Eve back somewhat in surprise. Once detaching from that hug she walked up and hugged Lucas, channeling her healing magic with both hands.
"I knew you could do it my wonderful knight prince..." She said quietly, hugging him to her as her magic began to work on the poison.

Bright Oblivion

11-12-2012

Lucas nodded to the dagger-juggler, remaining silent. It went without saying that he'd try not to. He smiled to Eve as she congratulated him and nodded to Novus and Emily. As Lucina detached from the hug and moved to him, he smiled and wrapped his arms around her, holding her close as he let the healing magic wash over him and quietly replied to her.

"With you on my side, how could I not, my beautiful princess?"

Emily smiled and nodded back before briefly glancing around for Sigmund. Of course he was gone. Deciding he'd return when he felt like it, she turned back to the happy couple and smiled, glad that Lucas had won but with little to add to it all.

Silverling

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2012

Down the hallways of the Institute

Ethelyn was practically skipping down the hall to the Institute testing rooms, humming a quiet tune to herself as she did. She was in a particularly good mood, which was mostly due to the fact that she was with Youay the night before. She slid to a stop in front of the door, absently running one hand along the chain that held the ring he had given her, then simply waved her hand in front of the door, causing it to click open. She slipped inside, the door clicking behind her as she went down another hallway to testing chamber 2 where her mother was already waiting for her. Zareen looked up from the paperwork she was managing, a slight smirk appearing on her face as she noted her daughter's demeanor and spoke in a rather amused sounding tone to her.

"You know, if you're going to make late arrivals a habit, I might have to just ban you from your boyfriend."

Ethelyn blinked once, then pouted at her as she clasped her hands in front of herself.

"You wouldn't do that to me! And besides, I'm not late today, I'm right on time!"

The senior summoner rolled her eyes and chuckled to herself before replying.

"Barely. You seem to be frequently 'arriving on time' as of late."

There was a bit of silence as Ethelyn stuck her tongue out at her mother and moved over to the desk located in the room which had what looked to be an open spell book on it.

"... I'm still not late, alright? Now, what are we working on today? Are we still trying to unlock that weird box?"

Zareen shook her head and jerked her thumb over to a pile of magical objects on the ground near them.

"No, that responded rather violently to a spell Summoner Aaron cast on it. I did warn him that such a reaction might happen, but because of his nonsense that project is on hold. Today we have a few experimental spells to cast, more enchanted hats to test, and some ancient staff we need to identify."

Ethelyn made a sound if disgust after hearing the tasks for today, then focused her attention on the spell book, tracing her finger under a few of the runes.

"Sounds awful. I was really hoping to see if I could get a closer look at that box too. From the glimpse I had, the runes... Didn't seem... ᵀᵒ ᵇᵉ⋅⋅⋅ ᴾᵃʳᵗᶦᶜᵘᶫᵃʳᶫʸ⋅⋅⋅⋅ ᶜᵒᵐᵖ⋅⋅⋅ ᶫᶦ⋅⋅⋅ᶜᵃᵗᵉᵈ⋅⋅⋅"

Her voice trailed off as she read the runes, her eyes glinting a golden color. Zareen looked over at her, tilting her head to one side. She was about to say something when she noticed the look in her daughter's eyes. Her expression turned rather serious as she backed away from Ethelyn, who was quietly muttering to herself in an unknown language. She let out a sigh, a piece of paper forming in her hand as she started scribbling down a note and sending it off into the air. She then left the room, locking the door tightly behind her. There was a lot of paperwork she needed forge to keep this under wraps.... And it was best to get started sooner rather than later.

----

Ethelyn's Room

On the counter in the kitchen, a note would suddenly appear. On it was written:

Won't be home tonight, have to keep an experiment under constant watch.
Sorry!
♥Ethelyn

The handwriting was unmistakably Ethelyn's... But unknown to the one it was meant for, she most certainly wasn't the one who wrote it.

Youay

11-12-2012

Ethelyn's rooms.
Youay walked towards Ethelyn's room with a smile on his face. His workload wasn't that bad and he was looking forward to spending more time with his special girl. He walked over to the door and placed his hand on it, letting the spell know he had access before walking in.
"Hello, Ethelyn, are you home?"
He called out in the empty house and frowned when he received no answer. He walked in further and noticed the note on the counter. He picked it up and read it over, did Ethelyn always put hearts next to her name? He shrugged and looked around in the kitchen and started to throw together a nice healthy meal.
A bit later he walked out of her apartment and locked the door behind him. He headed towards the testing chambers, in his hands he held a container with her meal in it. Looking around he walked towards chamber 2 and knocked on the door.