@Riot: Memory cost is getting rediculous.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Subdue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benevolinsolence View Post
How much other useless **** do you have?

Do you have two steering wheels for your car?

Or did you just get new windows to put over your windows?

Theres no need for 16gb of RAM unless you're doing heavy video or image editing/production.
I've got 16GB of ram as well. The difference between 8GB and 16GB in price is only $20-$40 and should you want to upgrade from 8GB to 16GB in the future you could run into compatibility issues.

http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Vengea...4&keywords=ram <-- 16GB Ram ($69.99)

http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Vengea...4&keywords=ram <-- 8 GB Ram, same type ($40.99)

Also, SC2 takes 1.92GBs of memory for me.

c0ltron

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2012

I played this game with no video card for almost a full year at one point. 2fps at lowest settings zoomed in all the way. Life goes on.

Primal Udyr

11-20-2012

This thread is relevant to my interests.

Milla Maxwell

11-20-2012

This literally happened in between matches...

Skoron

11-20-2012

24 GB of ram in my machine. It's nice to know that I will never, at least in the conceivable future, run out of memory. Love being able to encode video files and play LoL at 60+ fps at the same time.

Surgo

11-20-2012

So what if LoL takes a gig of memory? Unless you're streaming you aren't using anything else that's memory intensive while you're playing.

Doctor Elo

02-18-2013

bump

Eggroll9000

02-18-2013

Any modern PC should have at least 6 GB of RAM. Any less you're not even going be able to open a couple web browers after the OS and all the **** everyone always have loaded like gadgets, antivirus, backgrounds, sounds, skins, aero, and the other 30 tray icons everyone has. Have 6 GB minimum.

Xenfox

03-07-2013

I am getting the exact same problem. And it IS a problem. I have read some people's posts saying "buy more ram" I have 4gb of ram, which is more than enough to run every other game I own. As a comparison, when I run Skyrim it runs at around 800,000 k. A game like League should only be taking a fraction of that considering it's not running complex weather patterns, foliage, open worlds etc. Also this problem seems to be some form of memory leak because I notice that the memory usage goes up constantly throughout a match until it lag spikes and then clears up. It makes no difference whether the game is on high or low graphics settings, or if I use 1280x800 instead of my usual 1920x1200. There's something wrong with the way the game is working, that is obvious from that fact. It needs to be looked into by Riot. I have re-installed, and done several other work arounds and though they delay the lag spikes, it always comes back after 15+ minutes of playing.

Jimmy One Nut

03-07-2013

A decent PC doesn't have to be $700+, I bought mine for $400 and I get 50-60 frames, 50 in huge team fights. You must have really nothing to spare.