@Riot: Memory cost is getting rediculous.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Umbralogix

11-20-2012

About 8gb of 1333 DDR3 will get you places for cheap. You shouldn't need more than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlord NA View Post
I have to close LoL client and play without sound to get a stable 40 FPS. It's what you have to work with when you don't have $700 lying around to get a quality PC. So I understand where you're coming from, my cpu would probably explode if I played with the client running in the background as well as iTunes and Firefox.
Your memory has nothing to do with frame rate..

Dulu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2012

$900 PC and I have absolutely no issues running LoL, and Allods (which I play during champ select), Youtube (listening to interviews/music), and Firefox with several tabs open. Also running Skype at all times, while usually hosting a call. Sometimes I even stream.

Beneke Smith

11-20-2012

I sometimes have the same problem but it is periodical. Some days i can stream, have chrome open while watching videos, or watching other streams (720p) and other days, i close everything and still get lag spikes. I really do think it has something to do with the adobe air debug...

Umbralogix

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulu View Post
$900 PC and rabblerabble
To be fair, that's a bit overkill for just running LoL.

M3TASH33P

11-20-2012

I was about to ask the OP if hed been living under a rock... the price of RAM is dirt cheap.

Solution, install moar RAM!

Dryad Soraka

11-20-2012

Sorry I can't say I share the same problem.

But then again I do have 16 GB of RAM ;")

OdinWolfe

11-20-2012

I bought my premade Gateway FX4710 in 2008.
Intel Core2 Quad Q9300 2.5 GHz
it had an Nvidia 9800GT, now has a Zotac GT 440.
6GB DDR3 RAM
I have no issues whatsoever running this game. with an almost 6 year old model premade PC.

If you're running a laptop for gaming I suggest you save up for a Desktop.

Vantooth

11-20-2012

With my old laptop, I had around 60 FPS when I started to play with everything on the highest quality, after nocturne patch I lost a drastic amount, 20 FPS. After every patch I lost about 5 until I got 5-10 every game. This game is harder to run every patch. And it is the only one that I know of which does so.

Bumb for justice!

Vulking

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2012

I have 12 GB RAM, Make Video and 3D Editing/Rendering a breeze, and help a lot with LoL poor optimization.

And before someone say why 12 GB RAM, running After, Potoshop, Premier and Maya is really resource consuming, specially if you are working with 2 of them at the same time (Love live editing textures and files).

Have been thinking into upgrade to 24 GB RAM just to make everything render faster.

A Nydus Worm

11-20-2012

i have 12 gigs. I did run into some problems with chrome + LoL when i just had 4 gigs.

oh, and i have 12 just because ram has gotten dirt cheap and i got a deal on it.