@Riot: Memory cost is getting rediculous.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eefell

08-22-2012

I know i must be in the minority and im fairly sure that not too many people are having this problem but ever sense around the new SR patch the amount of memory this game takes up is getting to be re-god****ed-diculous. Before that time i could easily run League and Firefox\Itunes\whathaveyou without any problem what so ever. But now it has gotten to the point where the game takes up ****ed near 1,000,000k of memory ALONE.

First you have the client which takes up a good 350,000k, Then you have the Rads_user_kernal and the Lollauncher taking up even more space, and that is the least if you've taking down PBM. This would be all well and fine if the ACTUAL GAME ITSELF didnt take up another 600,000k-700,00k while the other 3 programs sit there, in the background, doing jack-**** except take up space. I have never had a game use up so much space just to run.

It is getting to the point where running League is constantly bringing up messages that my physical memory is running low. That is just with League too. And mind you this is when i have shut down every single process i can do without, shut off Windows Aero, defragged my hardrive, CCleaned, checked for viruses, and have no other program open. And you can bet your ass this is causing ingame glitches. It is getting to the point of unplayability.

Is there any way you guys can cut down the memory cost of the game

True Bandito

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2012

I agree.

Raging Alc

08-22-2012

How much ram do you have.
How many processes are running in task manager.
Which operating system are you running.
What type of ram do you have (including the cas latency).

Have you considered doing a clean install of windows or at least reinstall league?

I don't know what else to say since I am not experiencing the same issues that you have.

Enter Tragedy

08-22-2012

I run less than 2gb of ram while using firefox, lol, chrome, and wmp. Maybe you need to ugrade. heck I still have 1.5gb free.

Overlord NA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2012

I have to close LoL client and play without sound to get a stable 40 FPS. It's what you have to work with when you don't have $700 lying around to get a quality PC. So I understand where you're coming from, my cpu would probably explode if I played with the client running in the background as well as iTunes and Firefox.

Dryad Soraka

08-22-2012

I have 16GB of RAM hello

Enter Tragedy

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImFURY View Post
I have to close LoL client and play without sound to get a stable 40 FPS. It's what you have to work with when you don't have $700 lying around to get a quality PC. So I understand where you're coming from, my cpu would probably explode if I played with the client running in the background as well as iTunes and Firefox.
you can get better than what you and the op have for around 400$. using parts you have right now it could be built for prolly 275-350.

Optimus Heim

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by florrie View Post
I have 16GB of RAM hello
How much other useless **** do you have?

Do you have two steering wheels for your car?

Or did you just get new windows to put over your windows?

Theres no need for 16gb of RAM unless you're doing heavy video or image editing/production.

Okami Amaterasu

08-22-2012

i got 2gb ram
a core2 2.6(x2) processor
and a 512mg geforce (9500) videoboard
and damm lol is taking 1.3gb of my ram
should i reinstall it?

Beneke Smith

11-20-2012

Bump