Quick question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eredaar

08-22-2012

First off... I just had an inspiration for a char :3 second, you guys know how sometimes you have a development RP where the characters get stronger over time? Well, I mainly wanted to ask how you measure the right speed of your character developing. thx in advance

NecroticBinder

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eredaar View Post
First off... I just had an inspiration for a char :3 second, you guys know how sometimes you have a development RP where the characters get stronger over time? Well, I mainly wanted to ask how you measure the right speed of your character developing. thx in advance
Good, character ideas are always fun.

And the measure is basically how powerful your character is compared to everyone else. It's very subjective, but there are obvious comparisons. Like, can most of the characters do things that would make the average human look weak? Then your character just learning how to handle a sword probably isn't a good fit.

The inverse of that being, are the rest of the characters very limited in what they can do? Then the mage who constantly throws around fireballs, zaps enemies, and is overall a BA is probably not a good power level to everyone else.

Dark Reiora

08-22-2012

Honestly, if you have like 3+ people in that RP, your development speed is determined by them, not you. You wouldn't forcibly push your plot forward anyway, since that's just how the RP chaos works.

Eredaar

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methelod View Post
Good, character ideas are always fun.

And the measure is basically how powerful your character is compared to everyone else. It's very subjective, but there are obvious comparisons. Like, can most of the characters do things that would make the average human look weak? Then your character just learning how to handle a sword probably isn't a good fit.

The inverse of that being, are the rest of the characters very limited in what they can do? Then the mage who constantly throws around fireballs, zaps enemies, and is overall a BA is probably not a good power level to everyone else.
Thanks sounds fun... now I just have to let myself make a weak character... I like BA ones