Chat-Based RP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Methelod

08-22-2012

The Concept

A chat based RP group set up primarily in roarchat.net The group will use a homebrewed system for statting to keep the characters relatively balanced. All characters will require GM approval before being allowed to enter in a combat based arc.

The ultimate goal of the RP group is to give the players a way to facilitate them running whatever arcs they want with assistance from other players. If you want to run an arc where your characters attempt to take over the league you can ask around and have someone run it for you or to get more players. There are limitations to what can and cannot be done to keep the RP, RP-able.
The System

The system that players will use to stat up their characters is a version of the D&D point buy system.

The six primary statistics that players will 'buy' are.

[Statistic] = [RP effect] (Combat effect)

Strength = How much can your character push, lift, etc. (Physical Damage)
Dexterity = How quick is your character, how nimble, etc. (Ranged Damage and Defense)
Constitution = How much can your character endure, how long can they hold their breath, etc. (Health)
Intelligence = How smart your character is. (Magical Damage)
Wisdom = How wise is your character, how good is their memory (Magical Defense))
Charisma = How persuasive your character is. (Improved NPC interaction)

There are exceptions, but each needs to be brought up to a GM to be approved.

Off-hand, in other words this will be edited to be correct if it isn't. The point buy is additive, you have to buy each point one at a time.

7 - 9 = -1
10 = 0
11 -14 = 1
15 - 16 = 2
17 - 18 = 3
Etc. etc.
Management

There will be a council of people selected through some method that are to be the arbiters when a conflict arises. The number of members will be an odd number that is based upon the size of the community. Their word will be the final one if an issue between two player picks up.

The members of the council (Referred to as GMs) will have four primary jobs. The first is to ensure that any conflicts between players are resolved quickly and efficiently, the second is to make sure that the lore stays consistent, the third is to approve or deny characters, the fourth is to make sure everyone (Including themselves) is having fun.

Misc. Information

A good portion of the community also uses skype and it is heavily requested that you get an account as well. No personal information, web cam, or microphones required. Only an account to be able to contact us.

The present GMs are myself (Remwald), and Raziel.

You can contact me on the forums, on roar if I'm on, or through email at remwald_gm@yahoo.com

If your interested, please contact me.

ChampChar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2012

The main problem with most of the chat based RPs is that many RPers live across the world thus making it hard for everyone to get together at one time to do one.

Methelod

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampChar View Post
The main problem with most of the chat based RPs is that many RPers live across the world thus making it hard for everyone to get together at one time to do one.
Yes, this is an issue and a blessing at the same time. It's why larger communities take time to grow and more often then not lean towards a couple time zones.

Of course it's unreasonable to expect someone who lives on the opposite side of the world from yourself to be on consistently, and it isn't. Sometimes exclusions will have to happen if a player's schedule conflicts with the schedule of most other players. It isn't a good thing, but it is something that has to happen.

I've been in (And still am, but that one is skype only) a chat-based RP group which lead to most of the players who remained tending to be active all around the same time. Of course this meant that someone who was sleeping or at work during the time that most of the activity was going on would be left out but it's a different format with it's own limitation.

The key point of this rambling of mine is that "I understand the drawbacks, I understand that people may be excluded. But it's a different format for people that are interested and can meet the requirements to RP in said format."

Eredaar

08-22-2012

gah wtf I was signed into the wrong account on IE T_T oh well :P ya I understand what you were saying.

Methelod

08-22-2012

Heh, good. I try to be clear but I do tend to ramble. You have any interest in joining?

Eredaar

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methelod View Post
Heh, good. I try to be clear but I do tend to ramble. You have any interest in joining?
Of course I actually like point assignment systems because it keeps me from going overboard because I want my guy( or girl) to be BA. xD

Methelod

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eredaar View Post
Of course I actually like point assignment systems because it keeps me from going overboard because I want my guy( or girl) to be BA. xD
Alright. I saw you joined the room I had up and was curious, if you want to talk more I'd advise joining "The Roast" on roarchat, mainly because I'd rather (Well, I would, but it's polite not too) not bump this thread with a conversation between us.

Eredaar

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methelod View Post
Alright. I saw you joined the room I had up and was curious, if you want to talk more I'd advise joining "The Roast" on roarchat, mainly because I'd rather (Well, I would, but it's polite not too) not bump this thread with a conversation between us.
well to be honest I just poked my head in that one because it was the only one that had anything to do with RP then left because I wasn't sure if it was the right one xD

Methelod

08-22-2012

Sigh, bump before bed.

Methelod

08-24-2012

Less support then expected, oh well. I tried.