How is Rengar in the jungle?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Luxiere

08-21-2012

Hey there. I'm someone who wants to try jungling and thought he might be a good start for me.

1. How is Rengar in jungling? Does he have a fast clear time?

2. Boot 3 or cloth 3? Also, are there exceptional jungling runes I need to follow?

3. Does he start with red first or blue?

Any answers to these questions would be GREATLY appreciated.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

08-21-2012

Given that he doesn't use mana, I'd assume that he starts red. I dunno, maybe blue's CDR helps him keep his Q up non-stop to speed up the jungle time, but every other mana-less champion jungler starts red as far as I know.

Cenerae

08-21-2012

He seems very mediocre as a jungler, to me. He doesn't have much aoe to clear fast, though he can take down the big enemies fairly quick with his Q. His ganks can deal high damage, but they require a heavily overextended opponent or allied CC to make full use of.

Once he hits 6 though, his ganking is terrifying.

As for the route, you'd want to start boots 3 pots and at red if you're going to gank early, or blue and cloth 5 pots if you're not, from the Rengars I've seen so far. Given he needs to get those ganks in, the former is going to be more common than the latter. They could be doing it wrong, I don't know.

Bad Player

08-22-2012

I haven't done Jungle Rengar in pvp yet, but just from trying the initial route in custom games, my favorite start has been Q, vamp, wraiths. Vamp gives lifesteal sustain, and builds into your Wriggle's. I like starting at Wraiths more than at Red itself, since you can build up ferocity to use an empowered Q at the beginning of Red. (It's actually kind of tricky, since if your leash does too much damage to wraiths, they'll die before you build up 4 ferocity, although I starting Red with 3 fero is probably okay...) You also have to start Q, since the CDs on W and E are just too long to build up ferocity.

Anyway, I'm not that skilled/experienced of a player, but that's just my two cents.

Nevercrysis

08-22-2012

When jungle with him, begin with Red. He is kind of slow if you compare with Udyr or Shyvana. Ignore wolves or mini golems if possible. Just go for Wraths and Red/Blue.

Instead of wolves and mini golems, to gank more if possible, coz his ganks with his BolaStrike is actually a pain of *** for your enemies.

Just imagine this ganking; E to slow and charge 5 ferocities -> E with ferocity to root and refresh of you E ability -> E to slow again. For the meawhile you can cast Q and W to hit him and gain some armor and MR.

But he is not OP, he is a fun champ to play with, and if you use him wisely, the brushs can become your best friends.

Good luck!

A Rabid Dog

08-22-2012

I find him severely squishy for being what he is. He is a decent jungler, yes, but when it comes to champion fights, his health just MEALTS, even going "bruiser" build. His damage is pretty good, but if you try to get in a team fight, or even a 1v1, you will most likely be bursted down quite quickly.

It seems his only ability is to steal kills or gank lanes, which makes him useless mid-late game....

These are my opinions of him at least...

Nevercrysis

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by InuGamer View Post

It seems his only ability is to steal kills or gank lanes, which makes him useless mid-late game....

These are my opinions of him at least...
Thatīs why I build him as Off-Tank, in order to survive and get assists or kill. If you use Phage and Hex Drinker. Then, upgrade Phage to Frozen Mallet. It can help lots in mid-game.

And depending on Rengarīs life, you use charged ferocity in BolaStrike, Savagery, or heal 15% of your max health with Battle Roar. You have to decide which skill is more useful in the moment of ganking, team fighting or jungling. and thatīs one of the reason Rengar is fun to play.

KaiSong

08-22-2012

Not sure, but any jungler who cant clear the first camp before their first buff camp is either not playing with a competent team or shouldnt be jungling.

Havent played with rengar yet, probably not going to buy him as he doesnt add much utility and by much I mean any. I'd rather take riven for AoE stun but as long as we're on rengar.

I'd probably start shoes and 3 regardless of what buff camp i start on. Not sure if I'd take roar first or Q, most likely Q because if used at the right time you could have a 4 stack empower QQ combo ready to invade an enemy red from blue. But again i havent seen his clear times on initial camp because my computer is in the shop right now.

Most likely going to take flash exhaust and save ults for escapes and engages where guaranteed kills/escapes are there.

Mayshar

08-22-2012

Ive heard both good and bad in the jungle. From the videos ive watched he does just fine. Iv tried jungling with him my self and have run into issues. I have a hard time right at the beginning..even buying cloth armor and 5 pots i cant seem to kill wraiths then red without dying. Have arm pen, arm, mr runes and have tried full tank and full dps builds. Completely confused on a build for him too...so many choices. Any suggestions??

Nevercrysis

08-22-2012

I went with the following:

Runes:

Attk Dmg (Flat) at Red and Quint.
Others as usual: Armor and MR.

Materies:

21/9/0

I used shoes + 3 bot, I need a very hard leash at Wrath and Red. I had just 1 pot left when I was going to gank at lvl 2.
I changed the tactic and go with Cloth Armor + 5 pots. With an average leash at Wrath and Red, I did just fine.

Also remember to put one point in each skills (Q, W & E), then begin to max Q. This is coz you will need to charge Ferocity to perform ganks with Bola Strike (E) and heal yourself with Battle Roar (W).

Anyone with better idea?? xD