So Rengar

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LucifronSun

Senior Recruiter

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkhill View Post
except heal

no but seriously, rengar has a lot of burst on his combo, especially when u factor in his ult giving him another combo in a few seconds. even when he's behind, he can do a lot of dmg 1v1

a lot of the problem i have with him is that he's too focused on jungle fights. it almost forced the player to roam around away from the team and thats a sure fire way to get yourself killed
Literally the only thing he's useful for is his QQ combo burst, that's the only reason he ever contributes to the team. His kit is awful everywhere else.

Quote:
heal
root
burst someone without having to set up boxes
Pick one of the three at a time.

Hint: Using anything but burst removes almost all of your damage capabilities, and you better hope you saved up ferocity before the fight, his resource generation is clunky as hell.

Quote:
prolonged stealth
7 seconds, every 2 minutes-30 seconds, and he needs it for escaping or gap closing, moreso for the latter.

Quote:
However, I do believe you just need to give Rengar some time to settle in. I'm sure someone will find a good build for him and he'll be a beast. >_> >_>
That's what everyone's been trying to do, with little success. You either build him tank and do no damage, or build him damage and be a glass cannon udyr whenever you don't have ult, with no utility.

larkhill

08-23-2012

i guess it all depends on how much weigh u put into his QQ burst and his late game ult cd being so low.

Manse

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucifronSun View Post

That's what everyone's been trying to do, with little success. You either build him tank and do no damage, or build him damage and be a glass cannon udyr whenever you don't have ult, with no utility.
CDR/Damage/Pen. Ionian, Ghostblade, Bonetooth, Last Whisper/IE (your pick). Your ult at 16 is a 30 second CD. your burst will drop any squishy bot lane. His power is in the ganks, not tank.

Think of him as an AD Leblanc and it's disgusting.

FDru

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manse View Post
CDR/Damage/Pen. Ionian, Ghostblade, Bonetooth, Last Whisper/IE (your pick). Your ult at 16 is a 30 second CD. your burst will drop any squishy bot lane. His power is in the ganks, not tank.

Think of him as an AD Leblanc and it's disgusting.
Bot laners are easy ganks, which is why you don't send squishies there.

BTW, since you mentioned LB... she can drop a squishy instantly and her combo is on a 15 sec cooldown. She also has a ton more utility. And built in flash. And a get out of jail free passive. She's also ranged. Just... such a bad comparison. lol

MMKH

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Bot laners are easy ganks, which is why you don't send squishies there.

BTW, since you mentioned LB... she can drop a squishy instantly and her combo is on a 15 sec cooldown. She also has a ton more utility. And built in flash. And a get out of jail free passive. She's also ranged. Just... such a bad comparison. lol
I wouldn't really count on her passive being a free get out of jail IMO, unless you can lose aggro and bait with the clone out of the fog in some cases. Most of the time people will still have the real LB targeted when it happens.

Jimmydeano

08-24-2012

So I guess I'm going to go ahead and disagree with most of you guys, Rengar is badA. I've been playing him exclusively in dominion since he launched. I've got around 600 games on dominion. Rengar definitely requires some finesse, but he can be T rad once you figure him out. He does crazy burst, is tanky without itemizing for it, has awesome mobility (people poo-poo his passive alot, but I've been terrorizing people with it), has a least SOME poke/ccing going on (who cares if it has ****e for range? hes fast, and it slows...it also builds fury during pokefests)

First off, this guy doesnt have to itemize at all for aspeed, and really doesnt need much in the way of armor/mr either. All he needs to really cover all his bases is some damage and CDR.

Bonetooth necklace - This is very easy to build up and crazy efficient. It a) allows him to itemize flat arpen a bit stronger than most others b)has crazy efficiency for stats c)makes him fast as shiz, most importantly though, it encourages you to play like the FN Predator that you are.

Passive - Think about all the times someone ran away from you and passed through a bush, this lets you kill them when that happens. It is also perfect for dom because you can leap from center bushes above buff onto people reinforcing top, leap from topbush to windmill caps if they are on topside of point, also makes ganking bot much easier. You should get a funny feeling in your pants when you see someone run into a bush. Also, notice how people have been altering their movepaths since Rengar was released/spam-played in every match? That is your passive at work and its a positive thing, you force people to avoid the speedbuff a lot.

Q - a burst-dps wet dream, it crits, has great damage, is spammable, AND the buff magnifies his AAs crazylike.

W - gives him natural beefiness and aoe damage (people poo-poo the empowered version of this, but it sure helps me win those 2v1s). Make sure to HIT them with this and start autoattacking again afterwards.

E - His only poke, I use this to escape/chase obviously and also build up my ferocity during skirmish/pokefights. I will only use the empowered version of this if I feel like a double-bola is necessary to keep someone from getting away, or I need the root to escape, which happens regularly during a match.

R - This is what makes this guy feel right. It a) is your I-WIN button b) lets you escape c) lets you counter gank. Dont use this and then immediately jump on someone, let it charge up first. An Ultimate that lets you win fights, setup fast ganks, and escape? How would anyone not see the utility here? Not to mention the style of it is amazing..and it is very spammy for an ult.

FDru

08-24-2012

You just told everyone what he does (which we already know) and are acting like that's why he's awesome. lol

Let me simplify it for you:

Q - you greatly exaggerate its power. It can't crit, but it's an autoattack reset so it can appear to. It's also not spammable. The AS is decent but it's also very short, and even though it stacks with the powered up version, it's kind of wasted when it does since you still only get about 3 attacks out of it since the animation for the Q is so long. It's good but short lived burst damage. Sadly, it's probably his best ability.

W - the animation is horrendous, and the target will get out of range if they're running from you when you use it. The heal is also pathetic on Dominion (it was designed as a sustain mechanic, nothing more). The damage is good early, useless late game since you're not itemizing spell pen or AP. The buff doesn't have enough uptime to let him get away with building glass cannon. Obviously you want to use it as often as possible, and there might be some merit in leveling it up first, but it's not a fantastic ability.

E - his worst ability by far. Short range, weak slow since it decays over time extremely fast, and mediocre damage and scaling. When using the powered up version the slow is cut to 1.5 seconds (after the root) when it really doesn't need to be.

R - Flashy ability that is outclassed by Deceive in just about every way. So it lasts longer? Big deal. You still can't go over walls with it (unless someone is hugging it and you can jump to them, and if there was a bush there you could have done that anyway). The reveal portion is a gimmick, since you probably know where everyone is 90% of the time anyway.

His passive is fine except for the fact that he's designed to rely on it too heavily, so good luck staying on a target outside of bushes.

Also, are you at an elo where players know what armor is? Just wondering.

zionist shill

08-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by naotasan View Post
To be fair, GD always cries OP on new champions that kill people.

To be fair, Riot did nerf him pre-release.

DiscworldDeath

08-24-2012

Classick said they're looking for some minor buffs/QoLs, such as his passive leaping on top of targets and not just behind/some better flow after he auto attacks someone.

Reducing W animation or perhaps even cancelling the time completely.

Increasing R MS.

So we'll see.

I like him. He's not great, but he's definitely not bad, and he's neat thematically.

SpiderParadox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-24-2012

He's not terrible but he needs something to keep up. Right now it just seems that picking most other bruisers will give you better results.

I think the biggest problem is that his gapcloser has restrictions, and his only other way of getting across that distance, his "E" is pretty underwhelming. I played against him bot and he just couldn't get close at all.