So Rengar

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MyDeadGrandma

08-22-2012

The knee jerk reaction from the General forum (Read: SR) is that he's kinda weak,

Anybody had a chance to play him in a couple of dom games yet?

Well, would you look at that, soon as I post, someone else bumps a thread back to first page.

reticuli

08-22-2012

He is okay, but I find not as good as in SR. His passive isn't that useful in dominion because of the way the grass is. If someone is capping a point, you can't reach to pounce them, and I think you should be able to.

Also in dominion because you're smashing heads so often, I find management of my rage to be something I often neglect.

TCWA Tigerbite

08-22-2012

He is far from weak in summoner's rift and he's just not that useful in dominion. I'm not going to say he sucks in dominion, but there are far better options to choose from that can do the same thing as him, but better, in the dominion setting.

FDru

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyDeadGrandma View Post
The knee jerk reaction from the General forum (Read: SR) is that he's kinda weak,
Actually, GD was flooded with Rengar OP threads. Most of them linking to a video that was made on the PBE before he was finished, but still...

So yeah. Take Riven, remove her shield, remove her multiple dashes, her multiple AOE hard CCs, give her a short ranged slow and make her require bushes to stick to targets. You now have Rengar.

naotasan

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Actually, GD was flooded with Rengar OP threads.
To be fair, GD always cries OP on new champions that kill people.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2012

to be fair he feels a little bit of lacking he sure has a strong late but he is pretty gimped during early

onother note i was facing Rengar bot as Yorick bot and Yorick seems pretty much like a Rengar counter so my opinion can be biased.

FDru

08-22-2012

Might as well just throw him on the list with the other 101 champs that Yorick beats in lane.

inFe eD

08-22-2012

Looks fairly mediocre to me. Shaco does everything he does better.

LucifronSun

Recruiter

08-22-2012

I bought him yesterday and was playing him for a majority of the day yesterday, both in dominion and in SR. He's very underwhelming so far, his only damage comes from his QQ combo (lulz) his slow is awful and is slightly longer than melee range, he has pretty bad utility, decent burst, not very survivable.

He has worse kiting issues than udyr, as he's completely reliant on brush for his gap closer and his incredibly long cd ult to catch people. Imagine udyr without bear stance, that's him outside of brush.

His unique resource is clunky and it's takes a while to generate ferocity in a fight, relying on being 4/5 at almost all times beforehand via minions.

His gap closer is very gimmicky, and is bugged to the point where you won't consistently jump to people in the same brush as you. His w is bugged as well where it removes your target, and my friend told me he had a game where his ult wouldn't even work.

He has very crappy 1v1 capability, and most of my kills came from people who who didn't know better and ran from me instead of dueling.

His ult cooldown is too long for what it does, and he's completely reliant on gap closing with it outside of brush.

Quote:
So yeah. Take Riven, remove her shield, remove her multiple dashes, her multiple AOE hard CCs, give her a short ranged slow and make her require bushes to stick to targets. You now have Rengar.
Basically this.

Soren Kaleth

08-22-2012

Been playing also since release completely in Dom. Ive tried EVERY build imaginable to attempt to make him viable in Dom. I love his look, his voice, and his concept enough to waste my time I guess. The ONLY build I find that even helps in Dom is a complete Tank build with a LITTLE ad. 9/21/0. Tank Runes. You get the drift. Basically he becomes a mosquito like pest that somehow soaks up most of the other teams damage, slightly annoys them, dies, and then gets assists when his team mops up the others. That's about it. With Q his ONLY damage means, his W has a pathetic duration time, his E being one of the crappiest slows and roots in the game, his ULT doing NO damage and offering no real utility to help you close the gap (therefore it becomes a run and save yourself ability), his pathetic move speed, and his rage mechanic just taking an assload of time and still not really worth the farm..... he's pretty much a waste of space in Dom.

12345 ... 6