Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I'm scared of Taric too much?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Luxiere

08-22-2012

Hey there. This thread will be about me telling you guys how much Taric scares me. Even in my dreams.

I usually go mid but if I ever go bot lane adc, and if my enemy support is Taric, I cry. Especially if he's in the pink manly skin, he scares me more.

What I'm really afraid of is his stun. Every time it hits me, enemy adc, example, Graves or Ez would jump on my face and get my health down. So everytime if I try something, boom Taric throws me his stun and Graves jumps on me. This ALWAYS happens and it's frustrating when I lose so much cs just because of Taric standing there.

My supports are usually all like Soraka or The other squishy lady supports. But really, if I go 1v1 against the enemy adc, I would win all day but with Taric there, I get so scared that I would farm under turret so much giving me the disadvantage.

Any solutions to this? Besides than ward that brush?

Heek

08-22-2012

Taric's stun projectile is fairly slow. The moment you see it coming try to run back to your support or anywhere away from their ADC. Then you have a good 14-10 seconds of farming before he can use his stun again.

Cenerae

08-22-2012

Get your support to ward the brush he's camping in so you can keep an eye on him.

If you have a Janna as your support, in theory you'll be fine. Janna counters Taric as far as lane initiation goes - he stuns your carry, you tornado his carry when they try to follow up. Net result, nothing happens.

Try to chip him or his partner down, too. Taric's heal costs an absurd amount of mana, and if you force him to heal he'll run out pretty quickly, which means less mana for stun/shatter combos.

Lord Puppy Fury

08-22-2012

Taric + a quick close carry is difficult. Personally, I wouldn't bring a sqishy lady support against him. I'd bring someone who can counter initiate and scare the boogers out of him.

zliplus

Recruiter

08-22-2012

Taric is a heavy bully lane, where he wants to be able to zone you, kill you if you try to fight, and push to tower with ward support while you're weak and stuck (so he gets mana back). Aggressive support teams lose versus more aggressive support teams though, so an ali/leona + burst ad counters fairly hard because they tend to win all-out fights more, forcing taric into more of a sustain role (which is hard on him due to mana). As mentioned, janna counters him fairly well as well, that shield can often negate stun trades and tornado can disengage if you try to go all-in.

etharian

08-22-2012

I've laned with and against plenty of tarics. gap closing ad with him is definitely a tough match but like someone else mentioned the stun projectile is fairly slow and easy to back off of. people like ez and graves that have a built in dash make it easy to get out of the damage zone safely. just same it for when he blows his stun. it'll make u jump back far enough that by the time they reach you you aren't stunned any more and can counter their dive. especially with a soraka in lane. she can pop her heal giving u an armor bonus mitigating some of the damage taken.

also with a soraka in lane you should be able to ward the push and she can use her silence to help ruin his attempt to stun you- this is a little more risky though. also soraka heals way out sustains tarics heals. stay pushed off the turret enough to farm effectively and keep your escape abilities off cooldown. like i mentioned above the easiest way to counter taric stun and gap closing adc is to pick up a gap closer of your own but use it to back away from the fight instead.

also his stun has a fairly long cd so you're safe for a little after its used. worst case play it safe and don't feed the lane kills. you may end up a little behind but all it takes is a little jungling/afk farming ti get back in the game.

so pick up an ez or taric and show him how awesome you are!

Duhizy

08-23-2012

play sivir and get good with her shield gg

t3hep1cf47m4n

08-23-2012

Quote:
Cenerae:
Get your support to ward the brush he's camping in so you can keep an eye on him.

If you have a Janna as your support, in theory you'll be fine. Janna counters Taric as far as lane initiation goes - he stuns your carry, you tornado his carry when they try to follow up. Net result, nothing happens.

Try to chip him or his partner down, too. Taric's heal costs an absurd amount of mana, and if you force him to heal he'll run out pretty quickly, which means less mana for stun/shatter combos.

your adc is bad if he's getting tornadoed.

Bigricky

08-23-2012

I wrote a guide on bot lane somewhere in here.

You are likely running a sustain lane vs a kill lane. You can't sustain when you're dead.

tip: all of the short range carries that are popular right now have front loaded damage through skills. The only way a sustain lane will beat a burst lane is if you out range them, essentially making your lane into a poke lane.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2499329

Cenerae

08-23-2012

Quote:
t3hep1cf47m4n:
your adc is bad if he's getting tornadoed.

What?

Tornados aren't that hard to hit on someone that's moving in to hit your partner. You uh, DO know you can tap the button twice to shoot it out instantly, right?