Dredger, Master of the Earth (Now with more Lore and Concept art!)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kilar

09-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken Star View Post
Personally, I really love this champion. The kit, and the way he uses it could be a real game changer, taking the ad carry out of the fight and right into the middle of your team could really do some DAMAGE D:< THE AD CARRY MUST DIE ! lol :P

Anyway, great great job, i would love to see some more numbers (Damage, Mana Cost, HP) and so on
because while a great idea creates a champion, its the numbers that bring him/her togeather ^_^
Honestly I'd love to put numbers in and while I play the game probably too much I don't really know much about numbers and what ratios would work. I really appreciate your feed back and if you have any other suggestions about the numbers or abilities let me know I'd love to here them

Kilar

09-03-2012

Just added some Stats for Dredger let me know what you think!

Leo Tomita

09-03-2012

you need to review me first...

Kilar

09-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Tomita View Post
you need to review me first...
Sorry I didnt see the review exchange I only saw you on that other forum thought you just did reviews

Kilar

09-04-2012

Added a new ability Resonating Pulse, I really like this ability let me know if its op. Thinking of replacing mole Patrol with the new ability let me know what you think

Éidolon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-04-2012

Love it.... Great use of theme! I'm hoping he'll be a Yordle!?... You're very much like me in that.. whether or not you're aware of it... you've created a new game-play mechanism unique to your champion. I love the dig idea! <3 <3... I'd get working on your champ asap.

Anyway.. enough infactuation.. as much as I love your idea... I'll try and focus on possible tweaks and comment on opinions that i think would make your champion a lot more flexible and fair.

Passive: I love the idea of giving enemies an aroma.... very good use of innovation with Champion practicality! Couple questions I'd ask myself..... Can the scent detect Stealthed units? is it visible to allies? do you really want to color coat every scent? I also like the idea of there being scents where the enemy casts an ability or spell. Love the name Super Snooper as well! Over-all a useful, unique passive! I think instead of revealing the stealthed champ...... There should be an icon over his model alerting him of an enemy nearby.. much like Eve's detection symbol. That way stealth champions stay true to being stealthed.

Q:
Nothing to comment on.. love the idea.

W:
Great alternative to stealth without making Dredger a stealth champion. I love how you kept a trail that follows him.... Once again... great innovation! Here's what'd I do for damage reduction..... It may take a little more designing and programming but get this.... If the enemy ability comes from under the ground like Cho Gaths Spikes..... it'll deal bonus damage. Same with Dravens Ult..... However anything that passes over him or effects only the surface, Dredger is immune to it. That way Dredger can have strengths and weaknesses to using this ability... also allowing for counter against him, at the same time making him exceptional if against champs who can't target ground.

E:
Beautiful skill! I love how you made it overlap with Undermine and gave him the option to be able to deceive the enemy champions by creating a diversion trail! I'd also recommend you give him a slowing effect.

R:
Love it! I love how you stuck with the whole Mole theme and integrated his dig with his ultimate! Great design and innovation! I love how you made it so that it can be used as support as well. Overall great Ulty!

In Conclusion: Personally one of my more favorite I've seen here. I love how you went about creating a new game-play mechanism, which is the dig system with a hint of aroma... hah get it?! no pun intended. I can tell you put a lot of effort into meshing Dredger's aesthetics with his skill-set and kept it true to his theme while concentrating more on how they work then the numbers themselves... which to me as an amateur concepteur; is more important than the numbers. I would definitely put Dredger into production asap!

Great Champion! I would suggest somehow tying him with LoL lore... though not important, it helps the reader/summoner create relationships and to figure out his personality by their interaction. Is he friends with Teemo? ect.....

Love it.. great work. Btw thanks for the comments... I mainly used Photoshop to design my splash. I just drew a rough sketch at first then kinda slowly colored him on Photoshop while adapting and learning new techniques as I was learning to use Photoshop until I was at a satisfied level.

Don't be fooled by the in-game model. It's simply a Photoshopped image.. I wanted people to get an idea of how he'd look in game with his pose and stance, as we all know in-game models always look a little different than the splash.

Éidolon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-04-2012

Btw.. why not mesh both your Ults into one? Make it so that Dedger summons a sink hole which slows enemies and Dredger digs underneath and pulls a victim in! Two birds with one stone!

Éidolon

09-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilar View Post
Honestly I'd love to put numbers in and while I play the game probably too much I don't really know much about numbers and what ratios would work. I really appreciate your feed back and if you have any other suggestions about the numbers or abilities let me know I'd love to here them
The easiest way to get a feel of how the numbers work (Though in my honest opinion not important) is to check a LoL Champion database and relate you skills with similar skills of other champions accurately tweaking numbers.

Éidolon

09-04-2012

Btw not sure if I said this anywhere... but he should be a Yordle!!!! and be friends with my Yordle Pegi, the DeckSwabbing Swashbuckler and maybe cousin of Sleth, the Lethargic

Kilar

09-04-2012

I love the in depth review you gave it really showed me some insight into some tweaks to make him better. The reason I dont combine the two ult ideas is because that seemed a bit Over Powered. Also I'm sorry I wasnt planning on him being a yordle haha but we'll see. Thanks again for the review and once again your art and icons were awesome!