Dredger, Master of the Earth (Now with more Lore and Concept art!)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kilar

12-29-2012

Just a bump let me know what you think and any suggestions. I have been hearing the ult is too op any suggestions to keep it the same but less op?

Dzanio

12-30-2012

This seems like a rather developed idea, so Iím going to assume you want the review to be aimed towards season 3 updates. The most obvious issue is in the base stats; melee champs usually have much higher than a 305 base move speed, and currently the value needs an extra 25 ms at the start anyway.

Passive: I really like this idea; I think there need to be more abilities like this. The nice thing about this as opposed to cruder mechanisms (i.e. Rengar Ult) is that it requires a certain amount of skill to properly utilize. You get an MS boost but no jump, vision of where theyíve been, but not where they are now. The ability encourages gameplay from both teams (enemy team for baiting purposes, your team for chasing/killing power). The early warning system obviously detracts from this. I assume it only applies to the champion whom youíve marked w/ your ability? So long as you donít have any ranged (greater than about 400 -- ~400 would still involve an element of risk) AoE abilities to check the bush with I think itís fine.

Q: Has a lot of cc, extremely high range, and really high projectile speed. I donít think the low base damage is a good enough balance; especially considering the bleed effect. At the very least this ability needs to collide w/ minions. Whatís the AoE of the Hole, and how long does it persist?

W: 4 seconds of invulnerability is too much. Kayleís Ult is only 2 seconds, and doesnít make you immune to cc. All other versions of this ability donít allow you to cast abilities while they are in effect (Fizz playful/trickster (.75 seconds), Vlad pool (2 seconds)). Needs a HUGE nerf.

E: Mole Patrol range should be around 700 max. how long does mole patrol last? I think the 350 is meant to be the AoE.

R:
FA: So this is a Skarner ult. Is the enemy champ untargetable (by your team) while underground? Range is exceedingly too high for a skarner ult. Why AD scaling when everything else is AP?
DB: Way too much damage, more appropriate ult mechanic however. Is this a self centered AoE? Is that what you mean by ďRange?Ē Why no damage scaling?

General comment: I like the passive, and the e is sort of neat. The w and ult need a lot of work. The champion also doesn't have a focus. On the one hand it scales off AP, so I think mid or support; maybe top. On the other hand it provides a lot of utility without much in the way of trading mechanisms/sustain so I think, ok, support. And then Ult 2 it does a ton of damage over time, which is something you want on a tank, and nothing else suggests he'd make a good tank. Or Ult 1 is a bruiser or tank, and again he doesn't have the sort of trading or sustain mechanisms you want there.

Dzanio

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilar View Post
Just a bump let me know what you think and any suggestions. I have been hearing the ult is too op any suggestions to keep it the same but less op?
Which Ult? I'd choose 1, and then ask for suggestions.

Kilar

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzanio View Post
This seems like a rather developed idea, so Iím going to assume you want the review to be aimed towards season 3 updates. The most obvious issue is in the base stats; melee champs usually have much higher than a 305 base move speed, and currently the value needs an extra 25 ms at the start anyway.

Passive: I really like this idea; I think there need to be more abilities like this. The nice thing about this as opposed to cruder mechanisms (i.e. Rengar Ult) is that it requires a certain amount of skill to properly utilize. You get an MS boost but no jump, vision of where theyíve been, but not where they are now. The ability encourages gameplay from both teams (enemy team for baiting purposes, your team for chasing/killing power). The early warning system obviously detracts from this. I assume it only applies to the champion whom youíve marked w/ your ability? So long as you donít have any ranged (greater than about 400 -- ~400 would still involve an element of risk) AoE abilities to check the bush with I think itís fine.

Q: Has a lot of cc, extremely high range, and really high projectile speed. I donít think the low base damage is a good enough balance; especially considering the bleed effect. At the very least this ability needs to collide w/ minions. Whatís the AoE of the Hole, and how long does it persist?

W: 4 seconds of invulnerability is too much. Kayleís Ult is only 2 seconds, and doesnít make you immune to cc. All other versions of this ability donít allow you to cast abilities while they are in effect (Fizz playful/trickster (.75 seconds), Vlad pool (2 seconds)). Needs a HUGE nerf.

E: Mole Patrol range should be around 700 max. how long does mole patrol last? I think the 350 is meant to be the AoE.

R:
FA: So this is a Skarner ult. Is the enemy champ untargetable (by your team) while underground? Range is exceedingly too high for a skarner ult. Why AD scaling when everything else is AP?
DB: Way too much damage, more appropriate ult mechanic however. Is this a self centered AoE? Is that what you mean by ďRange?Ē Why no damage scaling?

General comment: I like the passive, and the e is sort of neat. The w and ult need a lot of work. The champion also doesn't have a focus. On the one hand it scales off AP, so I think mid or support; maybe top. On the other hand it provides a lot of utility without much in the way of trading mechanisms/sustain so I think, ok, support. And then Ult 2 it does a ton of damage over time, which is something you want on a tank, and nothing else suggests he'd make a good tank. Or Ult 1 is a bruiser or tank, and again he doesn't have the sort of trading or sustain mechanisms you want there.
Yea passive works as a trail on the champion when marked and the cloud smoke is if you are within a certain distance ill go 400 since you say that would be good.

The Q I had it collide with minions before but I took that out, The aoe is a bit larger than caitlyn trap.

My thinking on the W was that yes you are underground and therefore invulnerable but its not like kayle ult because you cannot do damage while you are underground, the abilities themselves can hit but they require skill to use and like you said they are low damage abilities.

Mole patrol has a secondary ability which I believe makes use of the 350 range, as for duration I was thinking same as a shaco box

FA is used like skarner ult but makes the target untargetable just as Dredger when underground, the point of using this is not to target the champ then its to get them out of the team fight which is risky because then you are left alone with the enemy who most likely has higher attack and attack speed than you .
DB I was hoping this would be able to be cast away from you in a range like nunu or galio ult. Also this was a secondary ult so I put it in without any scaling.

Thank you for the review it was insightful and I may add some things and change others from what you have said. Also my thought was Dredger as a tanky jungle he would be great for ganks but I can see him playable top as well. Again thanks for the review I really appreciate it!

Kilar

01-01-2013

Did not make changes but explain the first ult a bit better in my change log at the bottom of the original post. Riot a comment from you would really help boost this guys views just saying!

mhaetsts

01-16-2013

Bump

Kilar

01-19-2013

bumpin uglies

mhaetsts

01-20-2013

Bump

iam PYR0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2013

Very good concept I like the idea behind him and his kit, tho I feel he is way op and too complex to understand with a quick read. I suggest simplifying the wording used. I mean you have a passive with almost like 3 paragraphs of text one a passive with that much text without even reading it I can tell you its most likely op.

Kilar

01-29-2013

Thank you for the review iam he isnt meant to be too complex I just think that reading in depth at his abilities and story will make him a fun champion to play but not only fun but will have advanced tactics for both skilled and unskilled players to be able to use him