Rengar - underpowered, borderline useless

12345612 ... 14
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

vats3

08-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSideCreo View Post
Dunno, he seems like an pretty good jungler. Just need to manage his ferocity, so you can always gank with 5 stacks, and pull the snare off after jumping on them. I guess pre 6 ganks will be weak, but after 6 - shaco level, plus snare/slow.
but why should a champ have to reach lvl 6 to be as strong as another champ and lvl 1 and yes he has a snare (shaco has a pasive slow that can be traded for a ranged slow already..) but then you lose alot of your damage your possible damage people dont understand that using 5 abitlys is not easy so if you use your bola to snare to start a gank the rest of your gank you cant do as much damage or heal

Khranz

08-21-2012

"What's that you say? Rengar can gank earlier? Maybe at level 2 with his lasso thing? So can any jungler that takes exhaust."

These comments makes me rage. Relying on someone to have Exhaust for ganking is stupid. Having Exhaust PLUS a low CD CC is 10x better than just Exhaust. Having Exhaust plus bot-laners with hard CC is 100x better. Just because one thing makes ganking easier doesn't mean you get to discount all the other tools at someone's disposal.

I'm not gonna say if Rengar is OP or UP or balanced or whatever... but his Jungle seems to be moderately fast with decent sustain. That's a good thing. Not being THE ABSOLUTE FASTEST isn't going to stop me from trying him out in the Jungle.

Chrisbox

08-21-2012

Top I do believe he is rather lacking. However jungle, he is insane...like insane.

pubes2000

08-21-2012

Ive watched 5 games with rengar playing solo top... hes lost all 5. I'm guessing hes a junglier

BladeOfSithis

08-21-2012

Rengar is not a good solo top against most others at the moment, as every time i go against one as Yorick he falls every time.

Dragull2

08-21-2012

Riot right now is more concern on the fun factor, rather than the balance.

Zyra was strong, Diana IS strong and Rengar is on the weak side.

But all of them are SUPER FUN.

EnvisageX

08-21-2012

Slow jungle clear and even if you go 9/21/0 you almost have to go cloth 5 regardless. I thought he was going to be way better kinda disappointed.

If he maybe started with his item he might be a lot better.

You can clear with boots 3 but your really low like a lot of tankier jungles.

Llanite

08-21-2012

We cant always have newer champs superior to existing ones.

If so older champs will keep being pushed behind and behind till non-existing and will only lead to more complaints.

I have some games against him today, cant say he's strong but definitely not "useless".

DarkSideCreo

08-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by vats3 View Post
but why should a champ have to reach lvl 6 to be as strong as another champ and lvl 1 and yes he has a snare (shaco has a pasive slow that can be traded for a ranged slow already..) but then you lose alot of your damage your possible damage people dont understand that using 5 abitlys is not easy so if you use your bola to snare to start a gank the rest of your gank you cant do as much damage or heal
well, a lot of junglers have weak ganks pre6 - WW, Malph, Skarner, Shyvana and such come to mind, basically anyone without a gap closer doesn't do too well ganking early (talking about a scenario where enemy laner is not right under your turret, cause otherwise any jungler can walk up and rape them). Actually, rengar might be a bit better cause he can leap from the bush (bot and top bush ganks for example), snare or massively slow the target from a distance (unlike say skarner, that has to be right on top of you to slow).

Compared with Shaco - Rengar is more tanky, which makes ganking safer. His first clear might be slow and weak, but from what I've seen, after he gets lantern or levels up his skills, he's quite fast, and his speed doesn't really slow down much (unlike, say, nunu, if he's not leveling Q, which he shouldn't).

Using 5 abilities while jungling is not that hard, especially since he's not mana dependent, which is awesome (your mids will love you even more). Also, seems he can start red, and gank a lane straight away, his Q + slow/snare is more than enough (together with red) to pull gank.

Overall, i'd say he has potential, and I quite like his kit. I think i'll buy him and try him out myself.

Xquirtle

08-21-2012

I think he is UP and OP. I havent played a game against or with him yet, and I havent actually seen him played in any way at all. II haven't even read his champ description or seen the spotlight as well, but i'll give my opinion anyway, since I essentially know just as much about the champion as the rest of you, seeing as he just came out. I think he is UP and OP. Nerfs and buffs inc.

12345612 ... 14